• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What Excercise Did You Do Today? (3 Viewers)

dog on heat

check it out uh uh uh uh
HSC
i got on my electric wheelchair

and drove to the bus stop

then that drove to the city

then i drove to the pizza shop

pigged out at hungry jaks

then drove home

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I walked places.

HSC
I wouldn't correlate it, no. Initially I was losing fat when training properly. Since moving to newcastle I still have to adapt to not having a proper area and equipment at this place for training, so the routine is a bit broken.
Yeah, I find that generally gyms in newcastle suck - usually the olympic weights are as battered as shit, and you have to fight with some cunt to use the squat rack cause he's doing curls. Buying a power rack and olympic set was the best decision I've made.

Cereal (or oats) - weetbix/corn flakes/mini wheats/muesli/milo/protein powder (LARGE SERVING).

Sandwich (chicken or turkey).

2 x Tins of salmon (sweet chilli and lime every time)

2 x protein drinks (one before workout and one .. sometime else when I'm hungry)

Dinner - 2 schnitzels, many eggs, salad or equivalent.

Aim for minimum ~200g protein p/day.
fark bro I've been eatting twice that! I was struggling to put on weight so I just drank heaps of milk which wasn't a great idea. As I bulk these holidays I'm gonna cut down and start sprinting regually to keep fat gain to a minimum.

And lol at booze days - I've had a few of them myself :p

Knee dislocation - proudly sponsored by The Salmon Dance (pre-existing squash injury, to be fair). When I first started playing squash the knees only had to support 73.5kg.
Makes me nervous when I hear stuff like that. Popping a knee/shoulder/back is easy to do.

Likewise how long have you been training and for footy? Stats look good there. I look forward to going back down to that circa ~90kg range. Do you train at the forum and/or doing unigames this year?
I've been lifting for about 4-5 months. Got into it after I finished the hsc - my band died and apart from studying I wasn't doing anything and I was sick of being skinny.

I'm doing rippetoe currently and am looking at 5x5 after this, both routines aimed at bulking up rugby players. I always ask if people play football though, having previously played I know that kids who lift for football will be more serious and gain weight much faster than the 'bodybuilders' fucking around on the leg curl.

After I cycle 5x5 I'll invest some more money in equipment and get into westside and powerlifting - I'm at 87kg now and am aiming for 100kg (lean) and a 700kg total (lol, we can dream).

What sorta lifting are you doing?

btw I don't use the forum gym, I've got a pretty good olympic set/squat rack here and so far haven't needed to. Also uni games look kinda lame...

Oh and another thing, do you know how to front squat, power clean or hang clean? I've been meaning to learn these but am too unco to figure it out myself. If you know how and can show me I'll shout you a drink or something.

Last edited:

efhat

HSC
fast walk for an hour with a friend,

vacuumed the house for about half an hour

chamelia

HSC
Yesterday,

10 minute warm up on treadmill. 15 minute fast pace on treadmill.
10 minutes on steps.

2 sets of dumbbell squats (10 reps)
2 sets of dumbbell lunges (10 reps)

2 sets of seated dumbbell shoulder presses (10 reps)
2 sets of hammer curls (10 reps)
and finally 2 sets of crunches (10 reps)

And hopefully the same today.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
Walked to the bus stop.
Got on bus to work.
Walked from bus stop to work.

I'm starting a new fitness thing tomorrow. We have this machine called an Air Climber at home and the workout are awesome, I've just been too lazy to do them. So starting tomorrow, I'm going to get up an hour earlier and do this workout called the "Platinum Burn and Firm" and maybe pilates when I get home from work each day.

quik.

HSC
Oh and another thing, do you know how to front squat, power clean or hang clean? I've been meaning to learn these but am too unco to figure it out myself. If you know how and can show me I'll shout you a drink or something.
Front squat is easy to learn simply because you can't really do them wrong. If you don't have the bar right you won't be able to hold it and make the lift. You don't need to use a clean grip, I'm not that flexible so I use crossed arm with two fingers on the bar.

Power/hang cleans you should honestly get some instruction from a real coach, they are easy to fuck up

Edit: From previous pages just fyi, eating before sleeping has been studied and shown to have little if any effect on weight gain compared to total daily intake.

Last edited:

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
sit ups, push ups, lunges and stuff like that, and will go for a walk this afternoon.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
walking, around uni, around city, while carrying my laptop and textbook in my over the shoulder bag, so um, working out my left trap..?

lala2

Banned
HSC
^^Same! (almost). Bought a textbook, borrowed a book, printed about 200pgs of notes = got a good workout of both arms. Not to mention walking around uni (Redfern to pharmacy to Eastern Ave to pharmacy to Bosch to pharmacy to Broadway). I think I'm going to fall asleep...haven't been out of the house (literally) since my last day of classes last Wed.

HSC
Front squat is easy to learn simply because you can't really do them wrong. If you don't have the bar right you won't be able to hold it and make the lift. You don't need to use a clean grip, I'm not that flexible so I use crossed arm with two fingers on the bar.

Power/hang cleans you should honestly get some instruction from a real coach, they are easy to fuck up

Edit: From previous pages just fyi, eating before sleeping has been studied and shown to have little if any effect on weight gain compared to total daily intake.
I wanna learn front squats with the clean grip as you have better control/helps with other exercises.

I had a massive accident with front squats a little while ago - my clean grip was never great and one time the bar fell off my shoulders at the bottom and had to be supported by one arm. My right tricep has got sore every time I shoulder press since.

eatting before sleeping point noted, thanks :D

I do a mixture of strength exercises- body weight, machine and free weights. Most of my weights training for the past 6 months is isolated muscle groups - ie. a bicep day, a chest day, a tricep day. I saw a huge gain from this routine shift but I might go back to compound exercises for a while to keep things interesting (and because I've been out of routine for a while). I would never do isolated muscle group only weights training without intense body weight strength training though.

Form is not my forte. I do my own interpretation of the hang clean, thus far without stress or injury, but I'm sure it's retarded. All I can advise is get a laptop, go to youtube, get a mirror, and compare.

100kg lean! That's a v. nice goal set. Mine was originally 95-100kg lean, but my cutting goal for now is ~90kg lean. As a motivator, I can't drink until I'm less than 95kg (&& not before 26/6) and can't shave or cut my hair until 92kg. Today I added 4 steaks, 4 eggs and 8 chicken drumsticks (amongst the usual sandwich/pasta/cereal). I expect to be a wizard before I reach my goal

Jebus you've done well for 4-5months. Definitely puts my attempts to shame.
Funny you get your best results from splits - I've been doing full body but have noticed that parts start to lag...

Damn on the cleans. I'm going to spend some time reading rippetoe's book over the holidays so I might teach myself, it'll take time :(

Not drinking is harsh, but a good idea as its just empty calories. I might do the same these holidays.

Seriously cannot wait till the hols, its gonna be a month (plus a cruise month cause of the first few weeks of semester) filled with nothing but eatting, lifting and sleeping.

Awesome size there bro - and thanks for the compliments :)

Last edited:

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
20 bike - varied levels
25 treadmill - varied speed/incline
10 stretching

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)