What Excercise Did You Do Today? (1 Viewer)

Lydia_88

HSC
you're placing far too much emphasis on your arms. you should pay minimum attention to your arms since your arms are continually being worked out by the exercises that work out other parts of your body, such as shoulder exercises, pectoral exercises, back exercises, etc.

excessive bench pressing will cause damage to your shoulders.
you are right!! and it also cause hunched over shoulders if you only focus on the front part of the chest. Need to train the upper back as well.............

its also important to train your core, because it will help you with your form as well (ive noticed ppl tire out too soon = weak core)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
you're placing far too much emphasis on your arms. you should pay minimum attention to your arms since your arms are continually being worked out by the exercises that work out other parts of your body, such as shoulder exercises, pectoral exercises, back exercises, etc.

excessive bench pressing will cause damage to your shoulders.
dw i can handle it, because i am awesome :cool:

but yeah, arms, chest, back, shoulders, all require the use of arms :/

untouchablecuz

HSC
3x5 back squats @ 115, 125, 135
3x5 bench press @ 57.5, 62.5, 67.5
1x5 deadlift @ 140
3x(failure) pullups

Chrissiieee

HSC
Would anybody know of any good plyometric exercise regimes (for legs/ass generally) for a person who's usually relatively fit but has stopped regularly exercising for about a year?

Danke.

Last edited:

Lydia_88

HSC
Would anybody know of any good plyometric exercise regimes (for legs/ass generally) for a person who's usually relatively fit but has stopped regularly exercising for about a year?

Danke.
Id say build your strength first as pylometrics involves a lot of impact work, and also work on your technique , to minimise injury. need to have suitable footwear as well to protect the joints, because the intense repetitions places stress on joints and muscles. Start with low impact then progress to the higher impact options.

Flexibility is important as well to prevent your muscles from shortening and ha

from my bodyattack experience, since there is a track devoted to pylometrics -

pylometric lunges (my absolute favourite)
jump squats (up and down, to the side)
jumps (touch the ground then jump up) or tuck jumps
single leg hops to the side
bunny hops

hope this helps!:guitar:

there is plenty more on the net, but these are the ones that i encountered in attack!

Chrissiieee

HSC
Id say build your strength first as pylometrics involves a lot of impact work, and also work on your technique , to minimise injury. need to have suitable footwear as well to protect the joints, because the intense repetitions places stress on joints and muscles. Start with low impact then progress to the higher impact options.

Flexibility is important as well to prevent your muscles from shortening and ha

from my bodyattack experience, since there is a track devoted to pylometrics -

pylometric lunges (my absolute favourite)
jump squats (up and down, to the side)
jumps (touch the ground then jump up) or tuck jumps
single leg hops to the side
bunny hops

hope this helps!:guitar:

there is plenty more on the net, but these are the ones that i encountered in attack!
Thanks!

Would you recommend doing the lunges in joggers or soccer boots? I find i'm more comfortable exercising with my boots but as you said, the impact may cause stress on my joints and joggers usually have more cushioning than boots(well mine do anyway).

& this body attack that you talk about, is it a gym program that comes with gym membership?

Lydia_88

HSC
Thanks!

Would you recommend doing the lunges in joggers or soccer boots? I find i'm more comfortable exercising with my boots but as you said, the impact may cause stress on my joints and joggers usually have more cushioning than boots(well mine do anyway).

& this body attack that you talk about, is it a gym program that comes with gym membership?
well, imo id say joggers is the best as you will be dealing with impact, and that the cushioning helps deal with the impact. The soccer boots i think are just for the soccer field? hence i go with the joggers point of view.

and bodyattack is a fitness class that are in gyms, but there is one part of that class that focuses on plyometrics (the rest of the program is jumping, running, aerobics based work).

untouchablecuz

HSC
3x5 flat bench @ 60, 60, 65
1x5 deadlift @ 150

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
^ bench more plz :(

pushups:
7 with right arm
7 with left arm
1-2min break
7 with right arm
7 with left arm
(the last couple may not have been 100% proper form)
1 min break
20 regular
1 min break
20 regular

:dead:

amirite

HSC
3x5 flat bench @ 60, 60, 65
1x5 deadlift @ 150
Yeah wth. I thought my bench was weak compared to my other lifts.
And.. I squat 125x10 and 135x6. You need to go harder on your other 2 working sets, more reps or more weight. Last leg day I did 60x15, 105x10, 125x10, 135x5, 105x10.

efhat

HSC
Pilates for an hour, is quite awesome for streching muscles. You can really feel the burn!

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
30mins jogging on the treadmill.
10mins on the quad bike + 2mins on the stairmaster thingy (my legs just felt like jelly, baha).
200 sit ups
30 lat pull downs
Rowed for 500m
30 Chin ups (omgish, I thought my arms were going to fall off).
40 push ups.

Lydia_88

HSC
Bddypump baby!!! my first in a few weeks (i felt quite happy after the workout since i upped my weights, except for tricep and shoulders) :skip:

untouchablecuz

HSC
Yeah wth. I thought my bench was weak compared to my other lifts.
You need to go harder on your other 2 working sets, more reps or more weight. Last leg day I did 60x15, 105x10, 125x10, 135x5, 105x10.
... why?

amirite

HSC
Why is pushing yourself harder more effective? Ummm... Because I believe the more weight yure moving the more benefits youll get. Why would you squat 100x5 if you could squat 100x10 and maintain good form?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
imo if u can squat 100x10 then its time to step it up to 110 or 115 and do 5-7 reps.

high weight low reps.

i can comfortably bench 70x10, so i decided to step it up a notch and go 80x5.

untouchablecuz

HSC
Why is pushing yourself harder more effective? Ummm... Because I believe the more weight yure moving the more benefits youll get. Why would you squat 100x5 if you could squat 100x10 and maintain good form?
the direct aim of my resistance training atm is strength training. f*ck sarcoplasmic hypertrophy (the PUMP)

also, if you do 100kg for 10 reps there isnt enough weight on the barbell

Last edited:

jazzzod

HSC
Did flips and stuff on a trampoline, as opposed to nothing. Might do my 20 sets of 20 tonight which i am being forced to do. Ho-humm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)