• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What Excercise Did You Do Today? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Edit: Missed this: I will concede that the general audience reached by this forum will be beginners, however dumbbell / single limb work is still suitable for those who are beyond the 'weak as piss' stage imo
Lol, again I agree with you, I just think that most noobs should be focused on their squat and how much their eatting, which is the solution to all problems in weightlifting about 97% of the time.

Just curious, what sorta program are you running right now? do you train for a sport or anything?

quik.

HSC
Ive had one or two months off due to soccer fucking with my knees, atm I'm trying to get them to be less shit. Due to them I'm not playing any sport atm.

Basic thing:
Chest/Legs/Back/Off/Chest/Legs/Back

First three are main heavy days, other three is around 8 rep range and I try to do different movements.

Amongst that I do cycling sprint work (there is a pretty rad hill near me, with nearby park for vomiting haha) and soon (provided knees can do it) actual sprint work.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Yesterday- 5 rounds for time of: 400m Run, 50 Situps, 30 Squats and 1 hr of cycling.

Today- 21-15-9 reps of: MB Cleans, Pushups, Pullups, MB thrusters.

HSC
Ive had one or two months off due to soccer fucking with my knees, atm I'm trying to get them to be less shit. Due to them I'm not playing any sport atm.

Basic thing:
Chest/Legs/Back/Off/Chest/Legs/Back

First three are main heavy days, other three is around 8 rep range and I try to do different movements.

Amongst that I do cycling sprint work (there is a pretty rad hill near me, with nearby park for vomiting haha) and soon (provided knees can do it) actual sprint work.
Naw, too much cardio.

Come bodybuild/powerlift with us bro!

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
Naw, too much cardio.

Come bodybuild/powerlift with us bro!
that deadlift is huge. I don't even have 170kg of plates. gj

good to see people lifting

Anyway, exams are over now so im gonna get my shit together and start lifting again. My 4day split starting today:

Back

Pullups
Deadlifts
Bent-over Barbell Rows or DB Rows

Legs

Squats
Calf Raise
Lunges
Barbell Shrugs

Chest

Flat Bench
Incline Bench or flys
Dips

Shoulders/Arms

Military Press
Upright Rows
Tricep pulldowns
Skull Crushers
Barbell Curls

HSC
that deadlift is huge. I don't even have 170kg of plates. gj
Naw, thanks bro :)

Back
Pullups
Deadlifts
Bent-over Barbell Rows or DB Rows

Legs
Squats
Calf Raise
Lunges
Barbell Shrugs

Chest
Flat Bench
Incline Bench or flys
Dips

Shoulders/Arms
Military Press
Upright Rows
Tricep pulldowns
Skull Crushers
Barbell Curls
Out of all the 4 day splits I've seen, yours would be the best. Just me though, I'd cut the barbell shrugs as your traps will dominate just from deadlifts and rows, replace the upright rows as they're primarily front delts (which get smashed in press/benches anyway) with some side lateral raises and swap the tricep pulldowns for some close grip bench presses.

Btw, if I move into bodybuilding down the line I'll be stealing your routine as a template, thanks :p

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
Naw, thanks bro :)

Out of all the 4 day splits I've seen, yours would be the best. Just me though, I'd cut the barbell shrugs as your traps will dominate just from deadlifts and rows, replace the upright rows as they're primarily front delts (which get smashed in press/benches anyway) with some side lateral raises and swap the tricep pulldowns for some close grip bench presses.

Btw, if I move into bodybuilding down the line I'll be stealing your routine as a template, thanks :p
yeah its a pretty standard split. I was on a 3 day split for a while before, but i found that each workout took too long and was exhausting.

Thanks for the tips mate. I think you are right with the shrugs. I went hard today on my back, and my traps/shoulders were shot and not in the mood for shrugs.

I went into my backyard and did weighted lunges today aswell. I recommend it on leg day as a finishing exercise with a barbell or some dumbells. feels amazing.

Ill switch it up on shoulderday, cut the upright rows and try some seated side lateral raises. Its probably just me but i dont feel much wwith Close grip BP, plus its after chestday and any other incidental chest movements will burn.

HSC
yeah its a pretty standard split. I was on a 3 day split for a while before, but i found that each workout took too long and was exhausting.

Thanks for the tips mate. I think you are right with the shrugs. I went hard today on my back, and my traps/shoulders were shot and not in the mood for shrugs.

I went into my backyard and did weighted lunges today aswell. I recommend it on leg day as a finishing exercise with a barbell or some dumbells. feels amazing.

Ill switch it up on shoulderday, cut the upright rows and try some seated side lateral raises. Its probably just me but i dont feel much wwith Close grip BP, plus its after chestday and any other incidental chest movements will burn.
I had some experience with lunges before and they're pretty awesome, but squatting x3 a week means any other leg exercise is overkill :p

Good point with the close-grips - for me I was running some isolations for my triceps without any success - it wasnt until I chucked the close-grips in that I got some mass on them and I bench x2 a week too, but go with what works for you.

Let me know how it goes and how long before it stalls.

quik.

HSC
If you don't feel much of anything during close grip bench, try 'pulling apart' the bar with your hands while pressing, should help tricep activation

Vice versa for helping the pecs get involved

HSC
If you don't feel much of anything during close grip bench, try 'pulling apart' the bar with your hands while pressing, should help tricep activation

Vice versa for helping the pecs get involved
I also use a very narrow grip for close grips (my pinkie is just on the line of the knurl) which I think makes the difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)