What Excercise Did You Do Today? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Jogged to park,
Jogged for 5 minutes at park
100mish sprint, walk back to start line x 4
Walk home

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
Went whitewater kayaking today for 1.5 hours. Then went into Sydney CBD and walked around for a couple of hours.

Oliver04

HSC
Jezzmo, your inbox is full so I'll hit you up here:

just thought I'd let you know I too am getting a powertec rack for christmas. Down the line I'll pick up an iron master bench and a better quality bar, but as my own bar and bench will hold for now I'm in no hurry.

I've had a few ideas about the rack I thought i'd let you know:

First off I thought stability might be a problem (a 100kg rack is bought to shake when pushing 250+ squats). I'm getting my friend who's an engineer to have a look at it and see if it can be reinforced - probably welding it together and bracing some of the sides.

The second is the j-hooks - I have the same type on my squat rack and find them lame. Although they work, I hate having to roll the bar forward to get it off more easily in the bench press. A solution to this might be to contact Mark at toronto barbell who has made custom j-hooks for the Melbourne storm. These set you back $175 and include rollers which cause the bar to move to the front of the hooks every time so they're easier to unrack, check them out:

JOB # 37 - Robert Jackson's Custom Made J-Hooks - Windows Live

let me know what you think.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
So far due to the amount of exercise (walking and running) i've done today i've consumed 1800 ml of fluids. A good record for me in a long time.

Oliver04

HSC
I looked at j-hooks, but in the end the spotter bars with the simple t-hooks (?) are all I needed and easy enough to unrack. Those custom j-hooks do look pretty good though.
I'm so getting the J-hooks, they're exactly like the ones off the EFS racks. I is Jim Wendler!

Not really sure what you mean about the rack shaking when pushing heavy squats .. do you mean when unhooking or during failure? Can't say I've tested that weight nor am likely to get near it anytime before knee surgery. The rack I have, with the pulley system weighs ~200kg - it rattles a little bit but doesn't seem the least bit vulnerable to ANYTHING - it's weight capacity is ~500kg. Definitely have no need to reinforce it for any reason, but i might be misunderstanding you here.
Hmm,

My own squat rack (rated to 250kg) shakes badly (when racking and deracking) with even 150kg on it, which is really unmotivating and at times scary.

I worry about how the powertec will cope with 220kg+ on it - that 450kg capacity is its maximum safe limit, not what doesn't cause nuisance from shaking and rattling. I don't know, do you think it would be sturdy with 250kg hanging from its hooks?

Originally I wanted a muscle motion commercial power rack -

Muscle Motion Commercial Power Rack

The thing is a beast, but at 200kg and being the size of a small car its not exactly the most economical choice.

Awesome about the rack though, I am yet to have any regrets. Heck, I go down to sydney every weekend to use it (shame I can't spread workouts throughout the week - but there's enough cardio/swimming/squash/kayaking to keep the rest of the week packed).
Tbh its not the best rack around. There's the heavy duty muscle motion I mentioned above, as well as a Toronto. Toronto is Australia's answer to EFS (the elite american powerlifting supplier), but at $2K it will basically never be a feasible option.

Now, tell me good things about the powertec :p

Unsatisfied

HSC
a 40 minute jog in the morning, quickly negated by a tasty bacon and egg mcmuffin

Tim035

HSC
Bench press - 4 x 5 (95kg)
Military press - 3 x 8 (55kg)
Tricep pulldowns- 3 x 8 (32kg)
Calf raises - 2 x 15 (95kg)
Leg raises - 2 x 15

Oliver04

HSC
Bench press - 4 x 5 (95kg)
Military press - 3 x 8 (55kg)
Tricep pulldowns- 3 x 8 (32kg)
Calf raises - 2 x 15 (95kg)
Leg raises - 2 x 15
leg and calf raises? pulldowns?

son. I am disappoint.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
20 mins joggin/powerwalkin on the treadmill
15 mins on the exercise bike
40 situps
50 abdominal crunches on the machine thingo (weights increasing from 10kg to 30kg)
10 reps on the leg spread machine lol
30 reps on the rower (weight increasing from 10lbs to 30lbs)
about 5 bicep curls at 5kg on this machine (which was REALLY hard lol)
30 reps on the vertical rower machine thingo (weight increasing from 10kg to 20kg)

me and my friend went to the gym for about 2 hours all up :)

was pretty embarassing coz all these fit, ripped people were there, then there was me and my friend gettin puffed out and sweaty after about 10 mins on the exercise bikes ahhaha, and everyone was lifting like 70kgs, and we started off on like 5kg which is the lowest.. the most we got up to was 30kg on the abdominal press... i was so proud of myself lol.

Last edited:

Tim035

HSC
leg and calf raises? pulldowns?

son. I am disappoint.
I want to up it to 4 days / week now during summer, so I'm trying out:
Day 1

4x Squats: 5 reps
3x Ham Work: 8 reps
3x BB or DB Row: 8 reps
2x Bicep Curls: 10 reps

Day 2

4x Bench Press: 5 reps
3x Military Press: 8 reps
3x Tricep Isolation: 8 reps
2x Ab/Calf Work: 15 reps

Day 3

4x Deadlifts: 5 reps
3x Pullups: 8 reps
3x Leg Press: 8 reps
2x Biceps Curls: 10 reps

Day 4

4x DB or Incline Press: 5 reps
3x Chest Dips: 8 reps
3x Side Lateral Raise: 8 reps

By leg raises I don't mean that pussy machine that works your quads, I mean these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ysNevIv0w

Last edited:

angelita

HSC
Went for my daily 50 minute walk...I have no patience for gyms. I need to be physically moving instead of just walking/running on the treadmill for example, it's just so boring and monotonous.

williamc

HSC
5 minute 80-90% run on treadmill to warm up

4 sets of flat bench, 70kg, 80kg, 90kg, 90kg
3 sets of incline bench, 60kg, 70kg, 75kg
3 sets of incline flys
3 sets of decline bench 70kg, 80kg, 90kg
3 set of decline dumbells
3 sets of weighted dips
3 sets of flat close grip bench 65kg
3 sets of some tri's exercise

gella

HSC
lazy day.
20 minutes of skipping, 15 minute jog

Oliver04

HSC
I want to up it to 4 days / week now during summer, so I'm trying out:
Day 1

4x Squats: 5 reps
3x Ham Work: 8 reps
3x BB or DB Row: 8 reps
2x Bicep Curls: 10 reps

Day 2

4x Bench Press: 5 reps
3x Military Press: 8 reps
3x Tricep Isolation: 8 reps

Day 3

4x Deadlifts: 5 reps
3x Pullups: 8 reps
3x Leg Press: 8 reps
2x Biceps Curls: 10 reps

Day 4

4x DB or Incline Press: 5 reps
3x Chest Dips: 8 reps
3x Side Lateral Raise: 8 reps

By leg raises I don't mean that pussy machine that works your quads, I mean these:

YouTube - Hanging Leg Raises
I don't mean to be a prick but thats an odd split, you hit your triceps on 3 different days and your legs sporadically on day 3. Choice of exercise is okay though.

You should check out jim wendler's 5/3/1 for a better split kind of routine, but its a bit advanced even for you I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)