What is a good job involving English? (1 Viewer)

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Hi i was just wondering what types of jobs are out there which involve English. I am currently ranked 1st and 2nd repsectively for Adv and Ext. English and was just wondering. I have read all the job guide's etc but am wondering whether there are others which are not listed. Journalism appeals to me however i don't neccessarily fancy travelling.

Any ideas?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ekoolish said:
Hi i was just wondering what types of jobs are out there which involve English. I am currently ranked 1st and 2nd repsectively for Adv and Ext. English and was just wondering. I have read all the job guide's etc but am wondering whether there are others which are not listed. Journalism appeals to me however i don't neccessarily fancy travelling.

Any ideas?
Journalism doesn't necessarily involving travelling.

I reckon jobs such as Speech Pathology require English (Advanced) - I remeber reading about that from Sydey University Guide.

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
lyounamu said:
Journalism doesn't necessarily involving travelling.

I reckon jobs such as Speech Pathology require English (Advanced) - I remeber reading about that from Sydey University Guide.
Hmm yeah. My cousin is actually studying speech pathology atm and from what i've heard i don't really fancy observing dead people and going to morgues. She didn't expect that to be in the course either but there you go. Teaching people to speak properly is also quite frustrating. Maybe i'm too picky :p

Thanks for the replies nonetheless

shaon0

HSC
I'll vouch for this guy. He's really gun at english. Doesn't study and can pawn anyone in english without trying.

Anyways, Career paths could be; Journalism, Novelist/Playwright, Publisher, Editor and there's probably a lot more.

lala2

Banned
HSC
How about the obvious--law? Media arts and production or editing with film and drama and all that could also be your thing. And of course, you could always become an English teacher or lecturer...

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Lol would never be an English teacher. Media arts seems ok and law is not bad aswell. Thanks for the suggestions :wave:

TacoTerrorist

HSC
Law is your best bet. It is difficult to get a decent job related to the field of English. If you want a well paid job you have to be good at maths. If you're not, expect to spend your life working at McDonald's.

r0b

HSC
lololol Taco

I'm in the exact same position as you - ranks and all....If only I'd prepared my second essay in the yearly (would have topped).

Law is intriguing, but there seems to be an excessive supply of Lawyers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)