What is the BEST pair of running/jogging shoes and what is your favourite pair? (1 Viewer)

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
i got some cool asics one, use it to warm up on track and for cross country
and basically wherever i go as well

UNZPME

HSC
bawd said:
I'm gonna take up jogging (more professionally?) everyday and I need to find a pair of lightweight, durable and comfortable joggers. I usually jog on gravel, concrete and grass. A friend recommended a good pair of Asics and my mother has a nice pair of Brooks. Does anyone have any recommendations to what Brand and/or model to buy? Don't recommend Nike or Adidas please, primarily because they're overrated in terms of performance IMO and use sweatshops. (Although I'll admit that I love their designs and colours)

And while we're at it, what is your favourite pair of joggers? (Post pictures if you can)

Mine was one model from the Nike Shox series.
Nike Max Air Tn:uhhuh: :uhhuh: :uhhuh:

eliseliselise

HSC
ryka is the best running shoe for gals... i used ryka all through my youth and then invested in mizuno- there's no comparison... ryka is sheer brilliance!! they're incredibly light, perfect for x-country/sprinting, my only criticism is that the sole starts to peel off after about a year or so, but otherwise they're excellent.

Air Jordan

HSC
what causes squeaking in Jordan shoes?
Squeaking like squeaking when your playing bball on an indoor court? I think most bball shoes squeak when you play bball on an indoor court. Iono what causes it though.

As for me, I got a pair of Nike Air Max 360s. Not sure how they compare with others but they're pretty kewl

Verscurexant

HSC
running/jogging? mine were nike air max imara..i used them a lot for tennis though, one of the reasons why the sole became so bald lol..and even though, i got em when i was like 12 years old, i still use em sometimes! in other words, very durable..but imara's not the first line of nike running shoes if u care about brand.

pushkin

HSC
N/A
i always stick with asics, everytime i buy a pair of nike runners they fall apart.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
I go through running shoes really quick, I like new balance the best. I tend to not pay a lot because I have found regardless of cost I still go through them pretty quick. I just buy the exact same shoes over and over, in different colours.

bheck7

Don't shoot the messenger
HSC
i've had my new balance cross trainers for ages, they're great. I think new balance are the best too

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Don't bother with the 'Fitprint' BS. If they are to be believed then just about everyone has a serious problem with their feet which need correcting.

Over millions of years humans have evolved to run, it's in our genes. We needed to run to hunt. And incidently we didn't have an arch-supporting shoe to do it in. The natural and best way to run is barefoot.

Of course in a world of soft feet and sharp glass this isn't always practical, therefore you should choose the flattest most unsupported shoe you can find. These will be the closest to running barefoot and therefore the best.

Vibram Five Fingers: These are the closest shoes to being barefoot and are excellent to run in and learn to run properly.

Puma H-Street: These are a little more conventional in design. Inspired by track shoes they offer a minimal and flat design. Also great shoes.

Onitsuka Tiger: Similar to H streets these are a conventional design offering a very minimal and flat design. Inspired by (and used in) wrestling/martial arts. You may recognise them from Kill Bill.

Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultra: These shoes are billed as the worlds best trail-runner and they probably are. They offer an asymetrical rapid lacing system, quick draining, breath well, carbon-fibre shank and wide toe-box. Ideal for serious off-road running.

Note that running in flat shoes will require a different running style and there will be a learning curve. However it will result in faster, safer running. It reduces impact on the knees and is more biomechanically efficient. Google/youtube POSE running.

Note: I own a pair each of the Tigers and Salomon's and have run in the other shoes listed. As well as in conventional designs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)