• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What is your opinion of the current PM, Kevin Rudd? (1 Viewer)

How do you view our current PM, Kevin Rudd?

• Favourably

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Unfavourably

Votes: 36 46.8%

• Total voters

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
I think Kevin rudd is an idiot. I think that he is breaking his election promises and i dont think he is good at all. I prefered howard by far

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
bigboyjames said:
WTF does anybodies financial status have anything to do with their political opinions.
please help me find the link.

jaredR you are a DUD
Poor people generally favour bleeding heart governments that want to increase their welfare payments.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Here is my worthless opinion:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
And paradoxically, the country (where mean incomes aren't that high) are usually safe Liberal seats, but I am putting my money on that having to do with it also being a Nationals stronghold.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
It's not the Labor primary that gets boosted a whole lot though, it's the Green primary which then flows on to top the ALP up. Inner city folk have a lot of upper middle class guilt to extinguish, and in addition you've got the doctors' wives phenomenon.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
It's true. However, there also seems to a positive correlation with population density and voting for labor. Very safe labor seats like Grayndler (inner west sydney), Sydney and Melbourne actually have higher than average incomes and housing prices. Similarly, the richest electorate in Australia, Wentworth, is held by the liberals by a relatively slim margin. Hard to work out a clear trend really. But still correct to say the poorest people tend to vote labor.
http://www.mumble.com.au/federal/medincsyd.htm

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
Yeah obviously, but it still translates to votes for labor, they are choosing to preference ALP ahead of libs.

Plus I don't think you can brush it all off as middle class guilt. The greens seems to be the only political force with any power that gives a fuck about our civil liberties.
Liberal party is perceived as being the selfish party, ALP less so, and the Greens at the other end of the spectrum. People will rarely switch over to the Greens without also preferencing the ALP (even when the Greens have run split tickets the preferences still flow 80%+ to Labor).

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I think in future I'll just generally vote Greens unless an important issue crops up which I know they'll fuck up (like supporting the Middle East or China), or if I want to 'boycott' a party I don't want in power by voting for their opposition.

In fact the reason I didn't vote for Rudd was because I thought he'd pander to China, so I was pleased when he showed some stones dealing with them.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Moar like panda to china.

Edit- oh that was terrible, even for me.

badquinton304

HSC
Felix-x34 said:
Unfavourable

I dont like him, but then again I dont like politician on the left.

Income redistribution - No thankyou

Big government - Piss off

Republic - God save the Queen mate

Civil Unions in ACT - They're gay anyway
You make it out as if Rudd is a communist.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
Is the Australian Marijuana Party still around. They probably make the most sense of an party.
HEMP, you mean? they ran a candidate called Guy Freemarijuana in the 07 state upper house election, but i'm fairly certain they didn't run in the federal election, at least not in nsw.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Felix-x34 said:
Unfavourable

You're calling Kevin Rudd a leftie?

Hahahaha.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
Is the Australian Marijuana Party still around. They probably make the most sense of an party.
They didn't contest the 2007 federal election, as they failed the membership test for re-registration prior to the election.

The membership test requires the AEC to ring a random sample from the list of supposed hemp party members. When phoned, only one or two of the sample were willing to admit, or remembered that they were members.

New membership drive on now!

Last edited:

Gerald10

HSC
Felix-x34 said:
Unfavourable

a) Rudd's about as left as my right hand.

b) As Chris Emerson stated they are into 'opportunity redistribution' not wealth distribution.

c) He's made spending cuts to the public service.

d) If you feel so attached to the motherland and so desperately want the queen as head of state there is a simple 24 hour flight solution.

e) Rudd says marriage is between a man and a woman.

Fiscally Rudd is to the Right - Socially Rudd is to the right.

He's Howard but with a touch of common decency. Which Australia lost with Howard... I mean what Rudd has done is not hard - sign Kyoto, say Sorry, appoint a woman Governor general and propose that an Australian ACTUALLY be head of state of Australia and your hailed as the second coming.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
OH NOES!
A women Governor. Coz that has made all the difference! I mean wow, the stuff she has been able to do as a female Governor. Makes me wonder how we managed to survive so long without one before her!

And the apology, gosh, lucky he did that. I heard the life expectancy of an Aboriginal male is 56 now and not 55! Thanks K-Rudd!

And Koyoto! Prolonging our planets life for an extra 5 years. Hi 5 Rudd!

Meanwhile the economy ....

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
what i really really want to know is which turd voted labor at the state election. i am so pissed at these idiots.

i once screaemed at train passengers "THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR VOTING LABOR YOU IDIOTS" when i was going home from uni and had to miss 2 trains coz there was no room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)