what jobs earns most money? (1 Viewer)

such_such

HSC
Doctors and lawyers are only well paid if they've got a reputation.

ipab

HSC
Apparently engineers have a pretty well off starting salary, 2nd to dentists. And a friend of mines salary got boosted to 6 figures in just the second year. That being said If you want to earn a lot more you're going to have to do something with finance.

m.jakaran

HSC
In my honest opinion, with all factors taken into account (hours, stability, training...), the best profession money wise is Dentistry. Although peak earning potential may be less than some of the more glamorous specializations in medicine e.g. Dermatology/Opthalmology/Surgery, ONCE YOU GRADUATE, YOU'RE A FULL DENTIST. That said, you could then become an orthodontist and make 450k+, or even a maxillofacial Surgeon (this is arguably the most competitive specialization and you'll need a BDS and an MBBS) where median salary would be circa 700k. Anyway, average dentist salary for 2008-2010 was 360k adjusted for 45hrs a week, 48 weeks a year and I'm guessing that around 25% of graduates would earn 6 figures in their first year!

deswa1

HSC
Become a world class soccer player :). You'll be set for cash plus you'll get the chicks.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
In my honest opinion, with all factors taken into account (hours, stability, training...), the best profession money wise is Dentistry. Although peak earning potential may be less than some of the more glamorous specializations in medicine e.g. Dermatology/Opthalmology/Surgery, ONCE YOU GRADUATE, YOU'RE A FULL DENTIST. That said, you could then become an orthodontist and make 450k+, or even a maxillofacial Surgeon (this is arguably the most competitive specialization and you'll need a BDS and an MBBS) where median salary would be circa 700k. Anyway, average dentist salary for 2008-2010 was 360k adjusted for 45hrs a week, 48 weeks a year and I'm guessing that around 25% of graduates would earn 6 figures in their first year!
Source?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Fun Fact: the CEO of the NAB earns ~6 million
the CEO of HOYTS (as in the cinema) earns ~12 million in salary packaging
Salary packaging? Do you mean in total remuneration because I think both those numbers are total remuneration (i.e. inclusive of both cash/salary, and other accounting fair values).

I had a quick glance at the 2011 NAB AR and it looks like you're quoting TR calculated under statutory method (i.e. AIFRS). No idea about the HOYTS guy though.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Whoring yourself out (if your hawt)

If your hot enough you could probably charge 5k

Therefore

8 a day = 8 x 5k

= 40k a day

Hence 200k a week
Hence over $1mil a year!!

See, this is the best career choice as it requires no education

deswa1

HSC
Whoring yourself out (if your hawt)

If your hot enough you could probably charge 5k

Therefore

8 a day = 8 x 5k

= 40k a day

Hence 200k a week
Hence over $1mil a year!!

See, this is the best career choice as it requires no education
Plus you get to bang people everyday. Having said that, a lot of the clientele will probably be rich ugly guys.

boris

Banned
HSC
Can't we make a template of a standard reply for these questions?

"Choosing a profession based on pay is dumb and you are dumb."

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I just used an article in "Australian doctor" which calculated pay from the claims sent through to medicare.
But doesn't that assume that all revenue is equal to salary? According to careers websites which calculate median wages provides estimates short if what you are claiming.

Could you quote the article? I'm interested in looking at this further.

m.jakaran

HSC
093.jpg094.jpg095.jpg I'm sorry, I took some photos of the article for reference but no idea what issue it's from : /. These are revenues though, so no doubt actual income would be much lower.

HSC
Uni Grad
Audition for YG, be so pro on the day of the audition, get in, get trained by YG for 10 years, set for life in the entertainment industry.

But in all seriousness, that happens within 1 in a thousand people. So don't bother with that unless if you're good at singing and dancing.

I'd prefer not to choose a career solely because of money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)