What languages do you speak fluently? (1 Viewer)

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
English, Hindi, Punjabi

English I can pull off any accent you give me as long as I hear it for a bit and hear enough words.

Same with variations of the other 2 languages.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I learnt a few words of Punjabi from my sikh classmates. One was "moondia" - does that sound meaningful?
Meaningful enough to make it sound like you're calling someone (a guy).

eg. oi you (moondia) come here

I hope we're on the same page, the spelling is confusing me a little, so I'll just assume that's what you meant :p

mirakon

nigga
HSC

I hope we're on the same page, the spelling is confusing me a little, so I'll just assume that's what you meant :p
yes, i thought it was spelled "mundian" with the "n" semi-silent

and yes i speak english, punjabi and urdu (which is pretty much the same as hindi give or take a few words)

i also learnt the odd bit of spanish from videogaming (eu servers are flooded with spanish speaking peoples)

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

and yes i speak english, punjabi and urdu (which is pretty much the same as hindi give or take a few words)

i also learnt the odd bit of spanish from videogaming (eu servers are flooded with spanish speaking peoples)
Yeah that's exactly why I was confused.

Urdu is pretty interesting with some things (those words which are meaningful yet could be much easier said if you say them some other way :p) but yeah almost the same as Hindu while speaking.

My brother has picked up Japanese just by watching anime, and speaks a bit of it... even around the house sometimes and everyone is just like "wtf you on".

Drongoski

HSC
N/A

I understood it to mean "little boy" - a tiny bit of knowledge can be dangerous in the hands of a foreigner!

Last edited:

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Are you telling me Punjabi is a 'nasal' language? My own dialect is heavily nasal - many of our surnames have been incorrectly transliterated because, using English "phonetics" there is no way to incorporate the nasal element.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Are you telling me Punjabi is a 'nasal' language? My own dialect is heavily nasal - many of our surnames have been incorrectly transliterated because, using English "phonetics" there is no way to incorporate the nasal element.
Some elemetns of it can be nasa

Whats ur native language?

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Some elemetns of it can be nasa

Whats ur native language?
Some languages are have nasal (like speaking thru your nose or the effect you have from having a very bad cold) words. e.g. if you have the syllable: 'tua' it would sound different if you say it with your nose somewhat pinched (to exagerate the nasalisation). Without hearing it it may be hard to figure out what it means especially for the most people who speak non-nasalised languages. For instance Mandarin Chinese is basically non-nasal but many of the southern Chinese dialects like Hokkien, Teochew and I believe, Vietnamese, are nasal.

carpe_diem

HSC
I think this is so cool that heaps of people can speak more than one language. I would like to learn French, German and Latin (I know, I know, it's a dead language, but it would be cool :D) I can speak minimal French --> meaning, I would't survive in France for a day with my vocabulary :p

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
English, American, Australian

I think that's been said before.

Also Cantonese. But I can't write it to save my life, can't recognise too many characters but I can speak it and that's what the thread is about :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)