what makes james ruse better than other schools?? (1 Viewer)

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
They teach them more than they need to know so when they get to the exam it's really easy for them and get 95% > plus they put the students under heaps of pressure.. or at least the people i know who went there say so.

Sad Statue

Banned
HSC
fernando said:
They teach them more than they need to know so when they get to the exam it's really easy for them and get 95% > plus they put the students under heaps of pressure.. or at least the people i know who went there say so.
In other words, like Year 10 Advanced Maths.

Polar999

HSC
I don't think the teacher put any pressure on us...Its like whn your on the field playing cricket with world class crickters you feel like trying to do as well as them.

And all subjects except maths are done according to syllabus guidelines - teacher's don't go over that because you don't need to.
I do admit the exams are harder than most normal schools but not much harder than other good schools like Baulko

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
SoulSearcher said:
Don't worry, I'm already doing a pretty good job of bringing myself down the ranks :(
Late reply.

Shouldn't you have trials?

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Sad Statue said:
In other words, like Year 10 Advanced Maths.
Pretty much, I mean it's fucking ridiculous to expect people not taught yr10 advanced to do as well in the SC exam as those that are.

If all schools were taught as though they were elite academic schools, they'd all improve. It's a fact :D

HSC
Polar999 said:
I don't think the teacher put any pressure on us...Its like whn your on the field playing cricket with world class crickters you feel like trying to do as well as them.
well thats the whole point of a selective school. put all the good students together in a competitive environment will theoretically maximise their marks.

Heisgenious

HSC
well like most selective schools, they set high standards for their students to stay in the school (or even make it)

further strategies is they only offer courses that have good scaling (ie. no general maths or standard english), and another strategy is they accelerate agriculture HSC ( i think), but alot of students there also accelerate other courses in year 10/11 so when it comes to HSC while you and me have 5-6 exams, they have 3-4 hence more time to spend on that 3-4 which leads to higher results

(which of course the higher results is also contributed to the insane amounts of study they do)
...Yes, it's true that Ruse accelerates Ag one year~ But we're not allowed to accelerate in any other subjects unless you're EXCEPTIONALLY good (i.e. maybe 1 student every 2 or 3 years)

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
what's with the epic bump? I'm guessing you searched ruse and then posted on the latest thread that hasn't been closed.

raveen_ds

HSC
keep this in mind when you're bagging out ruse:

ruse doesnt pick smart ppl off selective test
smart ppl pick ruse

ruse teachers aren't extraordinary

we work hard, support each other, etc - that's why we consistently outperform other schools

and if you were someone in our grade who was in the top 6 high school maths students in australia when they were still in year 10, the year 10 syllabus suddenly looks pretty dry. so if we extend the comparatively simple concepts covered in sc maths, you really shouldn't blame us.

MinaDoan

HSC
1. Select students base on their reports =]]
2. High standard
3. Open environment

It is not the school make the students report. It is the students who make their reports!!!!!

random-1005

Banned
HSC
Nothing, just a bunch of rich moneybags on a farm, i couldnt give a shit if they are ranked 1st

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)