What marks are you seeking to achieve in 2007? (1 Viewer)

HSC
hmm i dunno but it looks like most people feel like their marks measure themselves as a person...I don't understand this..I do stress a lot but you should never consider that the marks that you get makes you a good person or a bad person....If you do well that doesn't make you a better person then someone else...and getting average or below average doesnt make you a failure in the least.

Its just stupid board of studies wasting our brainpower on random crap as a formality to work in the areas we wish too...nothing more :p

Agywaggy

HSC
MortImmortelle said:
hmm i dunno but it looks like most people feel like their marks measure themselves as a person...I don't understand this..I do stress a lot but you should never consider that the marks that you get makes you a good person or a bad person....If you do well that doesn't make you a better person then someone else...and getting average or below average doesnt make you a failure in the least.

Its just stupid board of studies wasting our brainpower on random crap as a formality to work in the areas we wish too...nothing more :p
Well said, MortImmortelle!!!

HSC
MortImmortelle said:

inspiring words, very well put, well done =D

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
MortImmortelle said:

Indeed.

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
yoakim said:
Aiming for 96.00, with a minimum of 92.00.
Aiming for B.Medicine at UWS. Would like to get a higher UAI so that I may have a chance of entering UNSW B.Medicine.
Don't forget there's still the UMAT if you want to get into the MBBS course. :)

HSC
the-1-n-only-me said:
lol
want to/ need to get >95.10 to prove to my older bro and my family that i dont fail at life

want 96-97 to prove meself i dont fail at life
Yeah, because the HSC is the ONLY way to analyse your life. And if you screw up the HSC there's NO way you can ever be successful.

/end sarcasm

Last edited:

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
chocolate_lover said:
Yeah, because the HSC is the ONLY way to analyse your life. And if you screw up the HSC there's NO way you can ever be successful.

/end sarcasm
Lol. Sarcasm.

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
B International Studies @ UNSW = 91.4 (2006)
B International Studies @ USyd = 93.45 (2006)

As for myself... I have no idea. I just want to continue studying japanese and chinese... And naturally, my UAI dream is of course 100+ but having 80+ would satisfy me =D

Last edited:

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Don't mind what mark it is as long as it gets the course I'd like. Hmm, that's not too picky is it?

-pari-

HSC
N/A
Well I'm gunning for 1st in all subjects. It's bit of a stretch though cause there are some stiff competition at my school.

I'm might be able to do it for 2 Unit Maths but I'm afraid that the accelerant drop outs have a big advantage.

I don't know what course I want to do yet though.
Ditto ^^

THe only problem I have is that my determination varies.
oh i so know what u mean! :(
am worried a bit about maths though as my teacher teaches on a very basic level and w'ere up against 3u ppl as well....

rest, just go with the flow and see how it works out :)

twilight1412

HSC
well i hope to get around 95

UNSW FTW

but with my english marks .....
im totally fine with everything else though

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
youve got almost a year to figure out what you want to do once you leave school, so during the course of the year have a chat to your academic advisor and see what options you might have....there are so many pathways to choose from, but anyways good luck and i hope you guys get the marks you deserve

black_humour

HSC
At the moment I really want to get into journalism at UTS, and from what I've seen its a 94 or 89 .. LOL i saw two brochures which got me confused. Obviously im praying to the sweet Lord that its 89 but who knows? I guess the highest I want is a 90+ but meh.. I dunno if i can make that =/

In the end I guess anything over 85 will make me happy.

chryslerregal

HSC
Ok, I have two alternative endings in my career plans for the future:

Medicine (to be a doctor)or
Medical Science (to be a pathology scientist)

I also have several plans and backup plans on how I'm going to get there.

I am currently doing my HSC through tafe correspondence (OTEN) so I dont know what disadvantage I will have seeing as I dont attend a school everyday and I have to just read the material and teach my self, plus I have a 2 year old daughter.

In 2007 I will be completing - Chemistry, Biology, Adv English and PDHPE
In 2007 I have also been accepted to do a uni preparation program in science at SCU Lismore (where I live so its convenient)

So if I stuff up my HSC, at least I will have to prep program and that should get me into B Clinical Science at SCU which I will do as a pre med degree - hopefully do really well and get into a graduate medical degree.

the other alternative, and my first plan really, is to do all this then in 2008 complete - Mathematics and Earth & Environmental Science and get as high a UAI as possible to get into undergrad medicine at any Uni, anywhere. If still all this fails, I like the sound of the B Medical Science at CSU at Wagga Wagga, in which case I need a UAI of 70. Surely one of these paths will be successful!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)