• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

what proof is there that god exists? (1 Viewer)

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
you really watch today tonight?
a current affair?

and not just to laugh at their journalism?

hmm.

ill find out the doctors name.
will take a while though

as for your other question, it's not chance, it's faith.

Last edited:

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
I asked you why more people aren't brough back to life, and you answered that with, "why don't more people win the lottery". I answered that by saying that lottery deals with chance. I do not understand you, and to be quite honest, I don't think you understand yourself as well. OR, are you saying that I would win the lottery by having faith, and that chance plays no role?
perhaps i would of been more clear.

what i meant when i said 'why don't more people win the lottery', was that it happens rarely. i was referencing the.. extremity of when someone you know wins the lottery.. twice or whatever.

a comparison would of been ' why is the grass green?' ' i dunno.. why is the sky blue'? of course you can take from that.. grass = clorphyl, photosynthesis.. sky = retraction of light.. or whatever it is.

HSC
Religious views are often drummed in from a early age, but I know many people who have heard "the word of god", and simply followed without any consideration of hard facts. These people aren't analytical or logical. They are mules. These people get extremely aggravated when I point out FACTS proving other than their belief system.
You are rather missing his point, champ.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Still does not justify your response. Lottery involves chance. Chance is measurable, whether it is 1 in 10, 1 in 1000, 1 in 1 billion, or zero possible people winning the lottery. With your logic, I can apply that to the rate of people being bought back to life then?

Your reasoning makes absolutely no sense.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
Still does not justify your response. Lottery involves chance. Chance is measurable, whether it is 1 in 10, 1 in 1000, 1 in 1 billion, or zero possible people winning the lottery. With your logic, I can apply that to the rate of people being bought back to life then?

Your reasoning makes absolutely no sense.
was not reasoning?
was a simple.. reactive, albeit sarcastic statement

Geologic

Banned
HSC
Read the Bible, in particular revelations, and you can see that the prophesies are coming amazingly to the word true. That certainly blew my mind.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
Read the Bible, in particular revelations, and you can see that the prophesies are coming amazingly to the word true. That certainly blew my mind.
hmm.
this watchmen told me about Iran attacking the US in the coming months.

not sure if i believe it, but it will certainly come as a shock if it were to eventuate

Sharii

HSC
Which God are you talking about......?
Zues? Rah? Thor? Ganesh? Jesus?
how do you know which one to pick?
Oh wait, let me guess, you parents picked for you..yea, you see, that's how every single cult survives, due to evolution by natural selection, we absorb what our parents tell us during early childhood.
Actually im talking about Jesus. And no my parents did not pick it for me. I have had many tough times in my life and only recently have i found religion.
Im not saying that there is definately a god out there. What i am saying is that it gives people comfort tobelieve that there is a higher power. My parents are actually aethiest. so there goes that theory.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
as do demonic spirits etc.

go to a developing country.

they're rampant.. it is unreal
Ahahahahahahahahaha you stupid fucking bastard.

They don't exist in the first world because we have PROPER EXPLANATIONS FOR MENTAL ILLNESS.

You sicken me. You denigrate mental illness as 'spirits' and 'possession' which leads to people with these problems being vilified, tortured and murdered.

You fucking dark age cunts have lost power and thank FUCK for that, because now perhaps humanity can get on with saving itself from how damaged it is by the religious.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
how do you know which one to pick?
Good question.
All the major world religions all contradict each other.

so how do you know which one to pick?

well i would encourage you to research, and to decide for yourself which God is most trustworthy, or reliable.

the bible does not demand blind faith.

The gospels of Matthew, Mark Luke and John, is where we read about Jesus, about his birth life death and ressurection...

the question for me as a thinking person is, can i trust these gospels to give me accurate historical information so i can make an educated decision about Jesus?

I have tests, and sir i would encourage you to come up with your own tests, and if you dont like mine i wouldn't hold it against you

come up with your own tests that you use to determine historical reliability, and apply them to all documents.

my tests are four.

internal consistency.. meaning by that, are there contradictions within this supposedly accurate historical book.
if there are contradictions, im going to say 'whoops'.. problem.

second test. literary style. is the literary style of the document 'once upon a time in the land of narg winkin dinkin',, well that's fairy tale.
or is the literary style.. at this particular time, in this place, with these people around to watch.. Jesus said this, he said that.
that's the literary style of the gospels.

3rd test.. archaeology. is the document talking about the island of atlantis.. well if it is.. im sorry ,there is no archaeological evidence to suggest
the island of Atlantis exists. we're not talking history.. we're talking fairy tale mythology.

4th test. the gospels are almost 2000 years old, what gives you any degree of certainty that what you really have, is what the eye-witness wrote?

today the new testament in English is based on over 5200, Greek manuscripts, or pieces of greek manuscript, dated from the first through to the
tenth century AD all agreeing to an incontestable degree.
the manscriptal evidence for the gospels is embarrasingly wealthy.
so that's why i would encourage you to read the gospels.. not as the word of God.. simply as history.
then ask yourself.. does the historical evidence of the way he lived, taught, died, and rose again point to christ being a quack.. if it does reject him.
or does it lead to him being the truth, put your faith in him.

likewise, study the koran, read about mohammads life, his claims, the way he treated others, read about the life ofSiddhārtha Gautama Buddha.
then ask yourself, which one of these is the most trustworthy?

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
Ahahahahahahahahaha you stupid fucking bastard.

They don't exist in the first world because we have PROPER EXPLANATIONS FOR MENTAL ILLNESS.

You sicken me. You denigrate mental illness as 'spirits' and 'possession' which leads to people with these problems being vilified, tortured and murdered.

You fucking dark age cunts have lost power and thank FUCK for that, because now perhaps humanity can get on with saving itself from how damaged it is by the religious.
no no, there is a clear line between mental illness, and demonic possession.
even in sydneys street ministries, there are clear distinctions between psychosis/schizophrenia and where demonic spirits are at play.

it's not just people acting weird, yelling out, moving around,
it's instances of very supernatural.. impossible acts

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
even in sydneys street ministries, there are clear distinctions between psychosis/schizophrenia and where demonic spirits are at play.

Proof?

That's right you have NONE.

Magicians do things that make them seem supernatural and do the impossible, are they actually magical?

It shows more how easily manipulated you are by people with an agenda, rather than spirits etc actually existing. Or, more likely, your lack of knowledge about mental illness.

These street ministries are effectively killing people if they are peddling such nonsense.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
Proof?

That's right you have NONE.

Magicians do things that make them seem supernatural and do the impossible, are they actually magical?

It shows more how easily manipulated you are by people with an agenda, rather than spirits etc actually existing. Or, more likely, your lack of knowledge about mental illness.

These street ministries are effectively killing people if they are peddling such nonsense.
no magicians are an illusion.. mirrors.. etc

you know, often when my church goes on mission trips overseas (vietnam, vanuatu, cambodia), they will have with them a volunteering group of doctors and dentists.. psychiatrists, psychogists, surgeons, etc

there is a very fine line.

if you want proof, seriously, go to the very remote parts of indonesia, vietnam, cambodia.. countries in africa.

you will see more than people with mental illness' you'll see paranormal activities..

HSC
Uni Grad

Oh dear, I sincerely hope you are trolling with this.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
Oh dear, I sincerely hope you are trolling with this.
i can understand why you would think that honestly.

if i was an atheist, or even an agnostic i would think i'd be off the loops

i mean, talking about demons in the 21st century?
where scientists are developing artificial eyes? artificial organs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)