what proof is there that god exists? (1 Viewer)

micuzzo

HSC
ppl just pray srsly...

pray whole heartedly and ask God to allow u to understand he exists...

then u will know

blueduck

i dunno but i know exacty how fast im going
HSC
well because the bible exists
and cos the miracle of lfy is so complex and amazing
bible is not so great... yahweh is a homicidal maniac... jesus is better but i dont trust him
life is not so great either theres lots of problems such as why the freewill if by using it we are tossed in to a firey lake of peril? and the more important...why to guys have nipples?

there is no evidence for god...there may be some evidence for bible events but there is also evidence for alien abductions tooth fairy and santa

i challenge people to disproove this...
people believe in god cause it is too hard coping without one

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Is it really spelt you're and not your'e,i never knew that for like all my life iv'e spelt it like that.
The apostrophe symbolises a contraction. You are = you're; I have = I've.

If you've been punctuating it like you have your whole life, well, you've been doing it wrong your whole life.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
ppl just pray srsly...

pray whole heartedly and ask God to allow u to understand he exists...

then u will know
done, no reponse.

are you going to say 'oh its because you're not praying hard enough' ?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The desire to know God is already planted in our hearts. He is the Truth and meaning that all men seek, whether it be directly in Him, or thru misguided pursuits like casual sex and greater material wealth. This desire to know Him - sheer, eternal, infinite perfection - is indeed universal and has occured across all cultures over all times. Man really is a 'religious' being.

God never stops calling men to Him, but rather men stop calling God. Why? Perhaps you are revolted by an evil world and retreat within yourself to find meaning; maybe your ignorant or indifferent to the question alltogether; perhaps you are under the spell of material wealth and see no value beyond this process of acquisition; maybe you are appauled by some scandal of believers; maybe your friends and family are so hostile/derisive towards Him that youve been bred to avoid it; or maybe, just maybe, youre so ashamed by the burden of your sins that you hide from God's call.

Always listen for the calling voice of your God. See Him in the beauty and order of the world, in the finite sublimity that points to the infinity of its creator. Seek within yourself all moral questions until you happen upon your soul; a seed with its origin only in God and not the world

tonyharrison

HSC
Why are people born with life-wrecking deformities and illnesses?
Why are people born as a homosexual?

Cause people before them have sinned?
Because if they were adam or eve, THEY would've eaten the apple?

Don't think that's very fair.

Daipire

HSC
You know, if everyones flaws and everyones strengths are 'part of gods plan', that must be a pretty fuckin complicated plan

Hey god, i got a plan for you:
1. kill the devil
2. send everyone to heaven
3. party

And that didn't take a son being killed or anything!

tonyharrison

HSC
You know, if everyones flaws and everyones strengths are 'part of gods plan', that must be a pretty fuckin complicated plan

1. kill the devil
3. party

No you forgot the step:

Create the devil

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
The desire to know God is already planted in our hearts. He is the Truth and meaning that all men seek, whether it be directly in Him, or thru misguided pursuits like casual sex and greater material wealth. This desire to know Him - sheer, eternal, infinite perfection - is indeed universal and has occured across all cultures over all times. Man really is a 'religious' being.
We don't seek god, we create and imagine god for ourselves. God and all other deities are figments of someone's imagination passed down through the generations and eventually accepted as dogma. We may seek "truth" and "perfection", but essentially god is a reflection of humanity's own desires and expectations - rather than humanity being a manifestation of god's will.

This universal presence of religion and supernatural deities throughout history and culture does not imply a universal god pervading through all human kind. Of course not. If this was true, there wouldn't be such disparity between different religions, between different revered deities of different cultures. But there are many differences.

Therefore it would be more accurate to suggest that god is not a universal entity. But rather, delusion, imagination and a desire to seek complex truth and knowledge through nonsensical means (such as religion, praying, divination, astrology, etc) are inherent traits in the majority of humans.

Last edited:

00iCon

HSC

1. kill the devil
3. party

Sacrificing the son was simply a tactic.

Back to my simple argument again:
EXPLAIN STIGMATA!
or more recently (though contary to my faith) the baby with Quran readings on its body.
Whoverer said it must be some weird disease, isn't is such a beautiful and divine disease then?

00iCon

HSC
Thats a common fallacy of reasoning that many people fall for when it come to religion.As written in a similar thread.

Why you cannot use a religious text to prove God’s existence

The claim here is that the religious text (Bible, Quran, etc) proves that God exists. This argument makes the fallacy of begging the question (or circular reasoning). When the argument is set out clearly this becomes obvious:

How do we know God exists?
God exists because the Bible says so.
Why should we believe the Bible?
Because the Bible is the word of God.
God exists because the Bible says so.
Why should we believe the Bible?
Because the Bible is the word of God.

(etc, ad infinitum.)

You cannot use the conclusion you are trying to prove (that God exists) as one of your premises. The premise “the Bible is the word of God” already assumes the truth of the conclusion.
let K = n + 1

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Sacrificing the son was simply a tactic.

Back to my simple argument again:
EXPLAIN STIGMATA!
or more recently (though contary to my faith) the baby with Quran readings on its body.
Whoverer said it must be some weird disease, isn't is such a beautiful and divine disease then?
Stigmata - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Re: baby with Quran readings on body: I can get the same effect by tracing on my skin with a pointy (not sharp) object. Gee, I wonder how those marks got there.

Riot09

HSC
We don't seek god, we create and imagine god for ourselves. God and all other deities are figments of someone's imagination passed down through the generations and eventually accepted as dogma. We may seek "truth" and "perfection", but essentially god is a reflection of humanity's own desires and expectations - rather than humanity being a manifestation of god's will.

This universal presence of religion and supernatural deities throughout history and culture does not imply a universal god pervading through all human kind. Of course not. If this was true, there wouldn't be such disparity between different religions, between different revered deities of different cultures. But there are many differences.

Therefore it would be more accurate to suggest that god is not a universal entity. But rather, delusion, imagination and a desire to seek complex truth and knowledge through nonsensical means (such as religion, praying, divination, astrology, etc) are inherent traits in the majority of humans.
nicely said

hosay

HSC
N/A
yes god exists, but it is likely to be a different god from what any religion teaches. The reason is that the only evidence we have is

• that the universe is so complex and somehow 'selected' from a huge (colosal understatement) amount of possibilities, all of which would have prevented the existence of intelligent life (aka. us)
  • there is clearly something beyond the normal human reality on earth, with many unexplained phenomenon.
  • For every question answered by science, many new questions arise
Basically, there may be sufficient evidence to point towards the existence of a designer entity beyond the normal experience of humans. However, it is unlikely that such an entity is of the kind that is preached by any world religion. Also, why does every religion teach different things, obviously they can't all be right, and they are likely to all be wrong.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC

God never stops calling men to Him, but rather men stop calling God. Why? Perhaps you are revolted by an evil world and retreat within yourself to find meaning; maybe your ignorant or indifferent to the question alltogether; perhaps you are under the spell of material wealth and see no value beyond this process of acquisition; maybe you are appauled by some scandal of believers; maybe your friends and family are so hostile/derisive towards Him that youve been bred to avoid it; or maybe, just maybe, youre so ashamed by the burden of your sins that you hide from God's call.

Always listen for the calling voice of your God. See Him in the beauty and order of the world, in the finite sublimity that points to the infinity of its creator. Seek within yourself all moral questions until you happen upon your soul; a seed with its origin only in God and not the world
wow Iron, you were cool for a while there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)