what proof is there that god exists? (1 Viewer)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
But i dont care what you think

and that's makes me cool

rite?

ibbi00

HSC
That's an easy one.

These are a selection of verses from the Holy Qur'an and their explanations.

Origin of The Universe as One Entity

"Have they not who disbelieve seen that the heavens and earth were joined together (as one piece), and then We parted them." (Quran 21:30)
This Quranic verse has explained a mystery that was unknown to the greatest physicists and astronauts for centuries. The verse reveals that the heavens and earth at the beginning were joined together, and then they were separated. Recent advancements in astronomy especially the Big Bang theory of the creation of the universe support this Quranic statement. The Big Bang theory says that about 20,000,000,000 years ago (...that's quite a bit...) the universe began with an explosive expansion of a single extremely condensed state of matter. The Nobel Prize for science in 1977 was awarded for this discovery, whereas the Holy Quran solved this mystery centuries ago.

Expanding Nature of The Universe.

"And it is We Who have constructed the heaven with might, and verily, it is We Who are steadily expanding it." (Qur'an, 51:47)
The word "heaven," as stated in the verse above, is used in various places in the Qur'an. It is referring to space and the wider universe. Here again, the word is used with this meaning, stating that the universe "expands." The Arabic word "moosiaaoona" in the term "inna lamoosiaaoona," translated into English as "it is We Who are steadily expanding it", comes from the verb "evsea," meaning "to expand." The prefix "la" emphasises the following name or title and adds a sense of "to a great extent." This expression therefore means "We expand the sky or the universe to a great extent." This is the very conclusion that science has reached today.

Detail by Fingerprints

"Does man think We (Allah) cannot assemble his bones? No, We are able to put together in perfect order (even) the very tips of his fingers." (Quran 75:3-4)
It is now an established fact that each human being has his own unique fingerprint. The difference between fingerprints of individuals is so specific and subtle that only experts with sophisticated instruments can identify them. 'Fingerprints provide one of the oldest and most accepted forms of personal verification; no two fingerprints ever have been found to be the same. The use of fingerprints is accurate, reliable, convenient, and unobtrusive'. (Bio centric Solutions, Inc.) It is another miracle of the Holy Quran that it stated this fact long before the human mind could even conceive it.

Process of Fertilization by Wind

"It is We Who send the fertilizing winds, then We send down water from the sky, and then We give it to you to drink, you are not the one who would store of this wealth." (Quran 15:22)
Wind is one of the most effective means of spreading pollens, thereby causing fertilization in plants. This again is one of the recent discoveries in botany. Allah (swt), however, revealed this information in His book long before the modern-day botanists could discover it.

Creation of Man

"We created man from an extract of clay. Then We placed him as a drop in a place of rest. Then we made the drop into a leech-like structure. Then of that leech-like structure we made a chewed lump. Then we made out of the chewed lump, bones, and clothed the bones in flesh." (Quran 23:12-14)
The above is the detailed and accurate description of the stages of the creation of man in the womb of the mother. This is proven and supported by the latest modern scientific evidence and corroborated by the highest authorities in the field of embryology. This is one of the greatest proofs that the Quran is the word of God. Dr. Keith Moore, one of the world's most prominent scientists in the fields of anatomy and embryology and professor of anatomy at Toronto University in Canada states:
"It has been a great pleasure for me to help clarify statements in the Quran about human development. It is clear to me that these statements must have come to Muhammad from God, because almost all of this knowledge was not discovered until many centuries later. This proves to me that Muhammad must have been a messenger of God." He was then asked: "...Does this mean that you believe that the Quran is the word of God?" He replied "...I find no difficulty in accepting this."
So how exactly do you deduce how this knowledge was acquired 1400 years ago?

/nuffsaid

swiftshift

HSC
the other one is a means to an end while this thread is the end.it cuts the middle man.of rebuffing and arguing.

if no one can provide a rationale reason that "god" exists than therefore we can safely conclude that he doesn't.

personally i find that god is a "feeling" rather than an intellectual belief.it just makes people feel good thats all.And there's always a choice between using your'e reason or youre emotions.i find that resons are mentally benefitial while emotions are physically benefitial.thats my philosophy anyway.
suck my dick

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Being in a state of non-existence means that non-existence exists which is a contradiction. Hence there is no such thing as non-existence. There is only a state of existence. Thus everything exists (including God)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
wow unrefutable logic right there

bet you got PhD's lying around everywhere hey

elmoateme

HSC
The varies religious texts provide no evidence whatsoever that god exists. However, there is also no evidence that god does not exist. It's one thing to disregard formalised religions because you feel they've caused harm, but that doesn't mean a god doesn't exist.

Besides all that, if a person believes God exists, then for them he/she/it does exist. Consider this quote by John Dietrich:
Energy conveys to us the idea of motion and activity. Inside a living organism we see a source of power, which by some manner is released in terms of movement.... Life is energy... it is the creator or initiator of movement change, development. We are different from moment to moment because the life principle is at work with us.... The spirit of humanity, like the forces of nature, and like the physical life, is at bottom energy.... Spiritual life, therefore, is just as much a development out of what has gone before in the evolutionary process as physical life is; which means that the origin of spiritual life is from within.
By the way, I am not a Christian or a Muslim or a Jew or Hindu (so on and so forth) I just feel it's arrogant to dismiss god completely and paradoxical to ask for truth.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
+1

Back to my simple argument:
Go and explain stigmata! There are many scientificallt unexplainable phenomena in this world.
I saw a documentary about stigmata a month or two ago. These two italian scientists were able to recreate stigmata several ways using common chemicals, the more convincing methods were almost identical to the famous occurances of stigmata.

In response to the claims that any religous texts have information we only just know. Its just like Nostradus, sentences can be written in a way in which they can be percieved in multible ways. When a comparison is made to something else, people begin to notice the similarities themselves, it's just the way the brain works. This is also the case with a lot of supposed back masked songs. Additionally in a massive book such as the Qur'an or Bible, if only a certain amount of claims are verifiable then how do we know it that it wasn't merely a fluke? If you write a large book and talk about the creation of the earth or living creatures without any prior scientific knowledge, it is more likely than not that you will get something close to correct, especially if it is something vague such as "fertilization by wind".

I know a lot of people disagree with this idea, but I think I will mention it anyway. Some people think that the gods from ancient times were actually advanced extra terrestrial beings (read the book "Chariots Of The Gods"). If this were infact true and they had the ability to travel a large distance in space, it means that these beings were more advanced then we are currently. It goes without saying then that these gods would know facts about physics, biology and maths that we have only just learnt.

HSC
N/A
The varies religious texts provide no evidence whatsoever that god exists. However, there is also no evidence that god does not exist. It's one thing to disregard formalised religions because you feel they've caused harm, but that doesn't mean a god doesn't exist.

Besides all that, if a person believes God exists, then for them he/she/it does exist. Consider this quote by John Dietrich:

By the way, I am not a Christian or a Muslim or a Jew or Hindu (so on and so forth) I just feel it's arrogant to dismiss god completely and paradoxical to ask for truth.
incorrect
we do not need evidence to disregard religious doctrines

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
what proof is there that god exists?

sel-explanatory,im currently a non-believer.so enlighten me with your'e insight,any way you can and persuade me with near unconditional certainty that any kind of "god" exists and what does this mean for my life.

provide evidence for youre statements.and only support youre argument and don't comment or rebuff other thoeries or idea' s i want youre knowledge and none of this this is wrong therefore i am right such "abiogenisis is unexplainable therefore god exists.you get the idea.
The sound of happiness you hear when you open a bottle or can of Coca-Cola

pman

Banned
HSC
There is no proof, only faith, that is the point, people can individually find proof but there is no universal proof

ad infinitum

HSC
N/A
Can you see oxygen? can you see an atom? can you see current?

The evidence that god exists comes from logical reasoning and arriving at an objective conclusion.

Man is either the product of biological evolution or creation right?
Now by dismantling, annihilating and ruling out the possibly that man is the product of biological evolution and indeed the product of creation, hence gods existence.

Evolutionary biology tells us that modern humans (us) and homo neanderthals evolved from homo heidelbergensis. Now to make such a claim, you obviously need evidence to support this idea. right? the evidence involved transition fossils to show the transition and gradual evolution of homo heidelbergensis into modern human and homo neanderthal, however here is the bombshell. NO TRANSITION FOSSILS EXIST to show this gradual change in the hominid species. Even Darwin himself said that if no transition fossils are found, then his theory would be nothing.
Im not saying transitional fossils dont exist at all, im saying human transition fossils to illustrate human evolution DONT exist. Therefore modern science has come to know that the fossil record indeed does have many inconsistencies and darwins theory of evolution does leave us with many missing links, infact millions of missing links to complete the human evolutionary idea, and without crucial and vital evidence such as these missing human transition fossils, the theory of evolution has once again been debunked.

Therefore after coming to a sound and objective conclusion, we find ourselves left with one answer. that human beings are the product of creation and not evolution.

I hope i clarified a couple of things. i have so much other things to say about why and how god does exist through my very simple and logical illustrations, but im afraid ill leave you all bored lol.

P.s. just remember, " nothing doesn't create everything, something creates everything"
troll? right? please be a troll.

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
Can you see oxygen? can you see an atom? can you see current? yet they all exist.

The evidence that god exists comes from logical reasoning and arriving at an objective conclusion.

Man is either the product of biological evolution or creation right? there exist no other possibility.
Now by dismantling, annihilating and ruling out the possibly that man is the product of biological evolution,
we are left with the conclusion that man is indeed the product of creation, hence gods existence is proved.

Now Evolutionary biology tells us that modern humans (us) and homo neanderthals evolved from homo heidelbergensis. Now to make such a claim, you obviously need evidence to support this idea. right? the evidence involved transition fossils to show the transition and gradual evolution of homo heidelbergensis into modern human and homo neanderthal, however here is the bombshell. NO TRANSITION FOSSILS EXIST to show this gradual change in the hominid species. Even Darwin himself said that if no transition fossils are found, then his theory would be nothing.
Im not saying transitional fossils dont exist at all, im saying human transition fossils to illustrate human evolution DONT exist. Therefore modern science has come to know that the fossil record indeed does have many inconsistencies and darwins theory of evolution does leave us with many missing links, infact millions of missing links to complete the human evolutionary idea, and without crucial and vital evidence such as these missing human transition fossils, the theory of evolution has once again been debunked.

Therefore after coming to a sound and objective conclusion, we find ourselves left with one answer. that human beings are the product of creation and not evolution.

I hope i clarified a couple of things. i have so much other things to say about why and how god does exist through my very simple and logical illustrations, but im afraid ill leave you all bored lol.

P.s. just remember, " nothing doesn't create everything, something creates everything"
You're obviously an idiot from your first statement. People have proved they exist from the molecules and particles of the compounds and etc. in both of these

Jakeo

HSC
I believe that Chris at the Sci-Fi forums actually made quite a powerful and relatively believable argument as to why the Christian 'god' cannot exist. I tend to agree and he outlined many questions I had previously contemplated on myself.

Proof that the Christian god cannot exist.

This is a revision and refinement of a post I made over a year ago but there are so many new members now that I felt it worth a revisit.

Omniscience vs. Human Free will. A Paradox.

Omniscience: Perfect knowledge of past and future events.
Free will: Freedom to choose between alternatives without external coercion.
Paradox: Statements or events that have contradictory and inconsistent properties.

Proposal:

Christianity cannot claim that God is omniscient and also claim that humans have free will. The claims form a paradox, a falsehood.

Reasoning:

If God is omniscient then even before we are born God will have complete knowledge of every decision we are going to make.

Any apparent choice we make regarding the acceptance or denial of Jesus as a savior is predetermined. This must be true to satisfy the assertion that God is omniscient. Effectively we have no choice in the matter. What we think is free will is an illusion. Our choices have been coerced since we exist and act according to the will of God.

Alternatively if human free will is valid, meaning that the outcome of our decisions is not pre-determined or coerced, then God cannot be omniscient, since he would not know in advance our decisions.

Question:

If God knows the decision of every individual, before they are born, regarding the acceptance or denial of Jesus as a savior, then why does he create one set of individuals destined for heaven and another set destined for eternal damnation? This seems unjust, perverse and particularly evil.

Conclusions:

If God is omniscient then humans do not have free will (see argument above) and the apparent arbitrary choice of God to condemn many individuals to eternal damnation is evil. I.e. God does not possess the property of omni benevolence and is therefore not worth our attention.

If humans have true free will then God cannot be omniscient (see argument above). If he is not omniscient then he also cannot be omnipotent since knowledge of the future is a prerequisite for total action. Without these abilities God can no longer be deemed a god – i.e. God does not exist.

If humans do not have free will then the choice of whether to choose Jesus as a savior or not makes total nonsense of Christianity since the choice is pre-determined and we are merely puppets at the hands of an evil monster.

Cris
Source: Proof that the Christian god cannot exist - SciForums.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)