What school to go to for HSC? (1 Viewer)

BobMoo

HSC
I am currently in a very difficult situation. For my HSC, I can either go to Sydney Technical High School OR Georges River College Oatley Senior Campus. I have already made it into both school and am guaranteed a spot in either one. Now, while Sydney Tech. is a much higher ranked schools as it is a Selective School, they will not give me the subjects I want. If I go to Oatley, they will let me do any subject I choose. For Oatley, I have chosen to do Maths3u, English Advanced (2u), Physics (2u), Chemistry (2u), Biology (2u) and Engineering studies (2u). However, if I go to Sydney Tech., instead of Biology I would have to do Business Studies (2u) and instead of Engineering studies I would have to do Psychology (1u). Keep in mind that I am bery good in Science and enjoy doing it far more than Business (which I tried in years 9 and 10). Also, I would like to do something medical related after I leave school and go on to Uni.

shady145

Banned
HSC
I am currently in a very difficult situation. For my HSC, I can either go to Sydney Technical High School OR Georges River College Oatley Senior Campus. I have already made it into both school and am guaranteed a spot in either one. Now, while Sydney Tech. is a much higher ranked schools as it is a Selective School, they will not give me the subjects I want. If I go to Oatley, they will let me do any subject I choose. For Oatley, I have chosen to do Maths3u, English Advanced (2u), Physics (2u), Chemistry (2u), Biology (2u) and Engineering studies (2u). However, if I go to Sydney Tech., instead of Biology I would have to do Business Studies (2u) and instead of Engineering studies I would have to do Psychology (1u). Keep in mind that I am bery good in Science and enjoy doing it far more than Business (which I tried in years 9 and 10). Also, I would like to do something medical related after I leave school and go on to Uni.
go the one that lets you do what you want

pman

Banned
HSC
Go to Oatley man, Do the subjects, I was going to leave a selective over a single teacher, If Í'd gotten her, mum would've pulled me out, the subjects are more important and the selective schools don't always have better teachers

Monsterman

HSC
choose the school which lets you do subjects you enjoy.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
I'd suggest Oatley
if your sure you'll ace your subjects then school has minimal bearing

martinc

HSC
selective school, the environment will really push you.

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
Go to Oatley man, Do the subjects, I was going to leave a selective over a single teacher, If Í'd gotten her, mum would've pulled me out, the subjects are more important and the selective schools don't always have better teachers
did you go there?

Tofuu

HSC
go to the school that lets you do what you prefer because in the end, its how much effort you put in that determines your results

Selective schools would just force you to study, otherwise, you just need motivation

imoO

HSC
Choose a school where you don't waste a shitload of time travelling..

I should've done that.

mahdi

HSC
Go to oatley man, because if you like science you will most definately like engineering studies (especially in year 12 - year 11 course is semi retarded). And since you are doing physics and chem in will benefit you so much for engineering. But its too bad you cant do engineering studies at sydney tech, the guy who teaches it there writes the textbooks.

HSC
Uni Grad
I'd prefer Oatley, since you are allowed to do the subjects you want, and by all means to succeeding in the HSC, it's based on your self determination. I believe that around 80% of the results boosted in selective schools are due to competition against each others, and they may not have good teachers, it's just the students there are better. And it also doesn't mean that you'll do better with the selective students too, and that the HSC is all on your own..

Official

Bring it on
HSC
I'd prefer Oatley, since you are allowed to do the subjects you want, and by all means to succeeding in the HSC, it's based on your self determination. I believe that around 80% of the results boosted in selective schools are due to competition against each others, and they may not have good teachers, it's just the students there are better. And it also doesn't mean that you'll do better with the selective students too, and that the HSC is all on your own..
Yes this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)