What should i drop? (1 Viewer)

plshelp

HSC
Hey guys,
Ok im still doing 12 units (although mostly everyone in our school is on 10..) and i really want to drop a subject....

Is it better to be ranked top 10 out of 43 in biology or 5/9 in french continuers? These ranks are the cumulative ranks so far (from term1 & half yearlies exams). If i continue to maintain these ranks...which will be better for the best atar? I know bio doesnt scale as well as french but in french we're all pretty close in our exams.

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
Keep the Biology, but language subjects are fun. I wish i did latin.

Aindan

HSC
maybe you should just keep, you're not doing that bad in either

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Do what you think you'd enjoy the most. I regret not choosing the English Extensions, so if you're really liking both - do both of them. If you want to really drop one, then get rid of the one you least enjoy.

jnney

lemon
HSC
decide for yourself. because even if we try to persuade you to make a certain decision, it's ultimately up to you. subconsciously, you've probably decided on what you want to do. just make a decision, stop stressing over it. if you think you need to drop, you're already thinking it. if you think you're managing fine, you're already thinking it.

dont do something just because everyone else is doing it. everybody is different.

Last edited:

muzeikchun852

HSC
i say drop bio so you dont have to study the content.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd drop bio if I were you. French scales much better and you say everyone is really close in french (so you are not many marks below 1st). But it's impossible to definitively which will help your ATAR more. If you're not being swamped, why not keep the 12 and then let UAC decide which will count?

But then again, I am super bias because I wanted to do French Continuers and the lines screwed me over and I ended up taking bio (which is actually an okay subject but still lol).

Out of curiosity, what are your other subjects?

plshelp

HSC
My subjects are:

English Advanced
Maths Ext 2
Chemistry
Bio
French Continuers

Hmm thanks for the advise but i'm actually getting swamped by 12 units. Bio & chem takes ages to study for (like all sciences...) but french is more relaxed except i'm not sure which will be better if i just stay where i am >.<

I'm doing ok in maths so i wont be dropping that...i just need some time to concentrate on english which is my weakest...

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^Well if you really need the time for english, drop bio if you spend more time studying for it than french. You get good french marks for not studying as much as bio, especially if you are as close as you say in marks. Also french scales higher.

Ultimately up to you though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)