what type of bank account should I get? (1 Viewer)

Just.waiting

HSC
Commonwealth Bank is great if you're a student. No fees, you can use atms for free. The only costs are eftpos, using the atms of other banks (usually I don't find this a problem because there are so band commbank atms) and if you overdraw your account. Internet banking is also free.

HSC
aussie-boy said:
You need to open 2 accounts:
*An everyday savings account with keycard access for spending and for your employer to deposit into. I recommend the Commonwealth Bank Youthsaver (since there are ATMs everywhere so you will never be charged fees for withdrawals. There are 0 fees at all while you're a student, but you won't earn any interest on accounts like this.
*A high interest internet savings account such as ING Savings Maximiser with an interest rate of 6%+pa - again, no fees, and you can easily transfer money between it and your other account over the internet within 1 day
Agree on the two accounts idea. I have a Commonwealth Bank Streamline e-access account, has no fees while you are a student and free netbanking.
I also have a Commonwealth Netbank Saver account, this is online based and has a fantastic interest rate if you make no withdrawals in a month.

ekdownie

eating/procrastinating
HSC
tania O said:
GO WITH ST.GEORGE ITS THE BEST ITS A YOUTH FREEDOM ACCOUNT =]
yeh.
i've been with st.georgie for years.
they take good care of you.

Scissors

HSC
Riet said:
Anyone can join.

Also mum was a teacher.
dude, i quoted your post cause i'm gonna get someone to unscramble the fuzzy part of the pic, and i'm gonna steal ur monies.

:)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Scissors said:
dude, i quoted your post cause i'm gonna get someone to unscramble the fuzzy part of the pic, and i'm gonna steal ur monies.

:)
Well it's a debit account and I have like no money so whatevers.

kasakiki

HSC
Uni Grad
meh, i have a savings account with the Greater -never had any trouble with them and dont cop any unholy fee's :) iano, my two cents (resist the puns people!)

biØhazard

HSC
N/A
Why do we need debit account? I have my saving account with no fee at all...

likingtherain

HSC
N/A
Go with Commonwealth Bank for normal banking (they have one of the better online services) and ing for your savings (if you have any).

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
aussie-boy said:
You need to open 2 accounts:
*An everyday savings account with keycard access for spending and for your employer to deposit into. I recommend the Commonwealth Bank Youthsaver (since there are ATMs everywhere so you will never be charged fees for withdrawals. There are 0 fees at all while you're a student, but you won't earn any interest on accounts like this.
*A high interest internet savings account such as ING Savings Maximiser with an interest rate of 6%+pa - again, no fees, and you can easily transfer money between it and your other account over the internet within 1 day
I've just swapped to a Commonwealth Steamline account with Netbank as well - no fees for students =D.

My sister just swapped to NAB, pays no fees as she's a student and also got a Visa Debit card.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
You're an idiot if you're with one of the major banks- commonwealth, westpac, st.george etc...

They're really shit. They're not doing you any favours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)