What type of jeans? (1 Viewer)

jaykhu

HSC
Should definiately get Levis Vintage Clothing Jeeenz like the 1947 501.

Classic.

Funke

HSC
yeah nudies kinda just got incredibly popular (06ish?) and lost their individual coolness, as jeans they are quite good per se. tbh they're good for cred amongst most people and you can show off the fact that you can afford $200+ jeans (good for money hungry girls lol). cant do that with acnes or apcs or jap denim or whatever.

i really like opening ceremony too! i have three pieces from them, albeit pieces from their collaboration with uniqlo - cost me like $150 in total so i dont care :)
i plan on visiting their la store next year, which has a really fucking cool concept. don't know if i'll be able to afford anything though :/
haha no way, all the hype beasts do so with their Evisus!
some are alright but sometimes they go a bit overboard with the paint.

I remember seeing some APCs at Bondi Junction GP though but yeah i guess the lack of branding on it does make it hard to differentiate with other jeans.

Yeah, the Opening Ceremony x UNIQLO gear looks pretty good but the stuff i could find were a bit expensive due to re-sale prices on ebay...
Bleah, the UNIQLO selvedges were going for quite a bit on ebay... damn re-sellers in asia getting it cheap and selling it for heaps more... lol

Btw was this site legit? Men:Detour Clothing Store

Yeah, i didn't realise Dr Denim was at GP til i saw them last week in one of their stores.

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
When you say 'Japanese denim', you might think of now-shit-tier Evisu.
But on a wider scope, it's more of a reference to the heavy workwear-style selvedge jeans that they make. One specific brand recently made these really heavy ones, 24oz or whatever.
Having said that, I've forgotten what brands are actually Japanese (Edwins, Skull, Sugar cane?) and which ones just market themselves as 'Japanese-style denim' (JEANS WEST FITS DA BEST).

You could say that jeans enthusiasts are exactly like hypebeasts. Spending so much money on what looks exactly the same as everyone else's stuff (most of the time), buying into an exclusive 'club' that only a few people around you would understand (Visvim rofl, Target does the same thing, just cheaper and for girls). Maybe they actually appreciate the quality they are paying for.
You could go into a WDYWT thread and look at a user thinking "o yer wat a fuken trashy kunt aye fuken workboots n shit aahahaha", but when you see the list of brands that they so pretentiously list, you might just come to like their ugly outfit.

hoecake

HSC
^^ bringing teh street knowledge

visvim is actually very good, would defo buy if was +10 years older and with about a further half a mil in the bank

johony

HSC
haha no way, all the hype beasts do so with their Evisus!
some are alright but sometimes they go a bit overboard with the paint.

I remember seeing some APCs at Bondi Junction GP though but yeah i guess the lack of branding on it does make it hard to differentiate with other jeans.

Yeah, the Opening Ceremony x UNIQLO gear looks pretty good but the stuff i could find were a bit expensive due to re-sale prices on ebay...
Bleah, the UNIQLO selvedges were going for quite a bit on ebay... damn re-sellers in asia getting it cheap and selling it for heaps more... lol

Btw was this site legit? Men:Detour Clothing Store

Yeah, i didn't realise Dr Denim was at GP til i saw them last week in one of their stores.
evisus are fucking meh

i remember you saying something about apcs at GP months before. this will and can never happen. i hope. has to be plain jeans for sure.

all uniqlo resold shit is expensive, which is why you get it through a uk or japanese proxy. maybe us.

i haven't bought from detour but it looks pretty legit imo. i'm looking for a slightly used pair though for much cheaper.

yeah dr denim came along with cheap monday and stuff recently. pretty shit.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I dont get what is wrong with GPC stocking something... like oh noes its popular who cares? Buy stuff that looks good and fits good. Fact of the matter is most people are still going to buy $100 jeans.

johony

HSC
I dont get what is wrong with GPC stocking something... like oh noes its popular who cares? Buy stuff that looks good and fits good. Fact of the matter is most people are still going to buy $100 jeans.
i'd rather keep all the nice shit to myself and a select number of individuals - i don't want too many people with the same stuff as me. girls should know.

yes i sound like a dumb superficial cunt but eh.

johony

HSC
johony you are fucking shit.

you dont know anything about jeans.
yeah i don't dude soz

look tbh, i don't really absolutely fucking care that gp stock whatever trendy jeans are available atm. people can wear whatever they want. yeah my post sounded like i was a snobbish pretentious shit but i honestly don't care.

Last edited:

Daipire

HSC
Depends on your style, personally i've got a pair of dark blue straight French Connection that i really like.
Not baggy enough to say "sup homie" and not tight enough to say "i like my chemical romance/raving"

The dark blue is a good choice, it's alot more formal and matches better than the coloured/lighter blue jeans and also, light jeans and coloured jeans are kinda lame

justblaze

HSC
G-star, ksubi , nudie are all overprices imo. Sure you get what you pay for (jeans last ages) but Industrie have nice jeans, similar to above at great prices. Got some Industrie skinnys for $99, similar design to G-STARs which were $299...though if i had the money, i'd go G-star :p

Cee.

HSC
I reckon Cheap Mondays are the best jeans out there. It's only about $90 and it's worth the quality as well IMO.

Cee.

HSC
^ What?! GP stocks them? That sucks. I remember those days where I bought them from little boutiques and not many people had them. :(

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
1. Wear CM, Nudies, Levi's that you paid a shitload for
2. Go to America
3. Everything you wear is of the norm (this is an instruction too)
4. ?????????????????????????????????????????????
5. An hero

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)