• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What would you like to see on BOS 2005? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
A consolidation of useful info from 2004 threads.
Archive useless 2004/2003/earlier threads to reduce strain on server ...
ACTIVE mods ...

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Compulsory viewing of http://albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php when people join.

Making non-school reps not count (yes its because I don't get any).

FAQ's in forums, like Einstein and Planck in physics, that has to be asked at least 3 times a month.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Xayma said:
To sum it up with a quote completly out of context:

But more uni stuff would be good, especially if you finish the front page. Possible reorganisation of the resources, such as having the quick jumps to the journeys stuff on the english page instead of having to scroll all the way down.

OMG xayma where did you get that *glares* :D

I would like more bos buyables. ... BOS STUDY CANDY! BOS PENCILS! BOS PAPERCLIPS! Imagine writing in your exam with your VERY OWN Bored of Studies Pen! Using a Bored of Studies calculator! Guaranteed to work at least for the duration of the exam! :)

I'm serious though - stationery and that sort of thing are really good advertisements AND they're functional.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Oh yes. I would also like to see a link to resources somewhere on each subject forum..

ie. a menu at the top / bottom / side/ SOMEWHERE with links to the English Notes section or something.

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
yeah the navigation isn't great.

and the clock thing! that poos the poo out of me. i'm permanently confused enough as it is. EDIT: oh. *blushes*

i think the archiving idea is a good one - mods from each forum should trawl the thread for useful resources and archive them. sub-suggestion - more mods for the really complex forums eg. 2u english.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
~*HSC 4 life*~ said:
atleast one official spam thread in each forum :p

jk
If it keeps the spam out of other threads in the forum I don't see a problem with it...

HSC
N/A
Sub-sectioning in the Ancient History forum. PLEASE!!!

Just into cultures... It's so difficult to find a specific Roman time period when a) it's jumbled with not only different time periods, but b) DIFFERENT CULTURES!

Oh - and can we ban 2/3/4U Maths trolls from the General Maths forum?

And in the Uni forums: an idea might be to sub-section them off into Humanties/Sciences etc

Last edited:

cleopatra

Cleopatra
"Dear God; make me a bird, so i can fly far, far a
HSC
a link to a wormhole which can take you back in time to the day you got the assesment, so that you can have a 2nd chance to actually start it b4 the night b4. but knowing most off us wed do exactly the same non-assesment things that we did the first time to avoid it. will we ever learn?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Sub-sectioning in the Ancient History forum. PLEASE!!!

Just into cultures... It's so difficult to find a specific Roman time period when a) it's jumbled with not only different time periods, but b) DIFFERENT CULTURES!

And in the Uni forums: an idea might be to sub-section them off into Humanties/Sciences etc
on that note, get people from the actual forum to vote whether they want them subsectioned. i know majority rules but i would vote no to sub sectioning of mac uni because we don't get enough threads in there for any one subject (except actuarial, already done) and i think people wouldn't be bothered to click into a sub section for one post

get more ads on here so you don't have to pay as much

promote more

HSC
N/A
There was actually a vote in there some time ago, and I believe the majority voted for "yes subsectioning".

As for Uni - really? No subsections? Oh well, just thought it might be a good idea. If you don't need it, why bother :D

superbird

HSC
A BETTER SERVER!!!
plz... :)

also, i know ppl are gonna flame me for saying this but there needs to be some sort of control as to how big peoples signatures and avatars should be. some of them are just too big and it slows down everything.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
You can disable both in your options.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Well I haven't been posting there...
Perhaps someone who's good at general should apply for moderator

Last edited:
T

timbk2

if people want a dedicated spam thread, why dont they just use the chat room..

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
tywebb said:
and open the mod forum to the rest of us so we can see what you mods bitch about.

ok?
That would defeat the purpose of having a mod forum;)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
tywebb said:
btw, there are loopholes in the system which allow non-mods to read the mod forum.

i know how to get in (and i'm no mod).

so i better shut up about it hey?
lol serious? i know i can get to the front page, i can't get in though, it was a fluke when i found out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)