What you hate about UNSW (1 Viewer)

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
first years
I don't hate first years, but I do hate the sudden explosion of almost identical threads in the UNSW forums now.

As I type this, there are currently approximately:

10 threads about enrolling or program scheduling
9 threads about timetables (...there are a few double ups in that count.)

on the first page of 'General - University of NSW' alone.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Happens every year. Next to come are the threads with people realising they don't know how to get to the uni they just enrolled in or don't know which coloured travel pass to buy.

henry08

HSC
N/A
Happens every year. Next to come are the threads with people realising they don't know how to get to the uni they just enrolled in or don't know which coloured travel pass to buy.
Lol, what suburb is UNSW in anyway?

Mico666

HSC
N/A
But you solved it in the end and learned how to do change of variables well right?

I've been on this same Quantum physics problem for a week and a half now.

It doesnt work. IT JUST DOESNT WORK !! :(

I've tried 100 000 change of variables.

For those interested

http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/PHYS2040/pdf/PHYS2040 09 Assignment 2.pdf

2(b)

This is me trying to get some answers outta him

https://forums.phys.unsw.edu.au/main/viewtopic.php?t=1425&sid=857f7063bf52227a91efdbc00e7c5f13

stgeorge2

HSC
*Would be great if the racecourse was part of the campus
*The overall atmosphere is too energetic and dynamic, not as 'studious' as other comparable universities.

HSC
N/A
do you mean white people as in asians (in this case i understand) or the other type of white people (eg that do arts)?
HAHAHA! thats what i have noticed. i entered the wrong classroom one time, it was full pack of white people. It was bizarre to see so many white people doing maths engineering. I eventually found out that im in the wrong room when the lecturer started talking about english literature. haha

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
HAHAHA! thats what i have noticed. i entered the wrong classroom one time, it was full pack of white people. It was bizarre to see so many white people doing maths engineering. I eventually found out that im in the wrong room when the lecturer started talking about english literature. haha
See its good to be racist :p
The first time I went to unsw I had no idea where I was going from central, so I followed an Asian crowd to the bus stand and then followed them and I ended up at the ASB

trickae

HSC
N/A
I'm just curious, 11 years on, do you all still have the same feelings about UNSW?

I caught up with some old UNSW class mates and we had nothing good to say about our experience there. One friend likened UNSW engineering to the classic Mr. Bean scene where he was trying to get rid of a pate he didn't like. We still hate our experience with a passion.

* Classes were poorly taught
* overly high reliance on tutorial problems. We came out not knowing how to build anything
* not enough emphasis on practicals - or they didn't contribute enough to our final grade
* Not enough labs or computers. We had to pay for printing.
* 14 week courses crammed into 12 weeks, no stuvac
* Took 2 hours to get to uni
* Those living on campus had no reasonable way to buy grocerries.
* Kingsford and kensington felt unsafe at night
* Campus life was dead, it's not as happening as USYD.
* People were uptight or stuck up, it was impossible making friends within engineering. We had better luck with other departments such as arts, commerce, law, medecine, optom, etc.
* Staff were never helpful often times rude
* Compared to my study abroad experience in the states, their education and campus experience is worlds apart. It's like comparing home and away to game of thrones. Unlimited printing, 24 hour labs, over 20 libraries, free shuttle service around campus, all you can eat dinning halls on campus, everyone's friendlier and more inviting, vibrant night life, happening campus life, All the shops closed at 10, walmart closed at 3am. Late night movies started had midnight screening's not 9:30 shows, college sports were amazing, 24 hour and free access to the gym, tennis courts and soccer pitches all over campus.

trickae

HSC
N/A
I'm just curious, 11 years on, do you all still have the same feelings about UNSW?

I caught up with some old UNSW class mates and we had nothing good to say about our experience there. One friend likened UNSW engineering to the classic Mr. Bean scene where he was trying to get rid of a pate he didn't like. We still hate our experience with a passion.

* Classes were poorly taught
* overly high reliance on tutorial problems. We came out not knowing how to build anything
* not enough emphasis on practicals - or they didn't contribute enough to our final grade
* Not enough labs or computers. We had to pay for printing.
* 14 week courses crammed into 12 weeks, no stuvac
* Took 2 hours to get to uni
* Those living on campus had no reasonable way to buy grocerries.
* Kingsford and kensington felt unsafe at night
* Campus life was dead, it's not as happening as USYD.
* People were uptight or stuck up, it was impossible making friends within engineering. We had better luck with other departments such as arts, commerce, law, medecine, optom, etc.
* Staff were never helpful often times rude
* Compared to my study abroad experience in the states, their education and campus experience is worlds apart. It's like comparing home and away to game of thrones. Unlimited printing, 24 hour labs, over 20 libraries, free shuttle service around campus, all you can eat dinning halls on campus, everyone's friendlier and more inviting, vibrant night life, happening campus life, All the shops closed at 10, walmart closed at 3am. Late night movies started had midnight screening's not 9:30 shows, college sports were amazing, 24 hour and free access to the gym, tennis courts and soccer pitches all over campus.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
The asians.
too many muslims.
-Long ass line for the buses in the morning, long ass wait for one to come in the afternoon.
-When you have to walk all the way from ME building to Matthews or Clancy for one fucking class and then back down again.
everything
How all the asians only speak asian to each other.
Lmao so nothing has changed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)