Whatcha think about physics? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
So far I've been doing shit in physics (recent assignment = 10/20) and I personally think it is a boring subject. At a few instances, I don't seem to understand the stuff mostly because my mind tends to drift off to somewhere else.
I've slept in many lessons of Physics already....
I'm even thinking of dropping the subject by the end of term 3. If I can I'd drop it today and pick up another subject.

Topic I finished was waves and now just starting off with electricity... not much better than waves. >_<

So whatcha think about physics?

HSC
Uni Grad
I likes it, I've done waves and just finished electricity. I reckon the space topic would be fun.

HSC
Uni Grad
I likes it, I've done waves and just finished electricity. I reckon the space topic would be fun.
Well space was the only fun topic I've ever done...

Apart from that I got bored in almost every other topic ....

Whatcha wanna do in uni?

HSC
Uni Grad
Med.

Maybe just my class is fun? Like a week ago we got like 100 light bulbs in parallel from a single power supply.
ahh well good luck for med :p

yeah your class is fun.... unlike my class.

but imo the subject itself is pretty boring. And the teachers who teach science in general aren't that good... thats for my old school and my current one...

zxreth

HSC
physics is okay, im getting pretty decent marks. although the topic we just did (moving about) was very hard, my teacher tells me that it is the hardest topic in the prelim course so it can only get easier here on in, which is awesome.

Nigger_Jew

Banned
HSC
yo physics so important chunts. When i faak yo mama's i gotto get angle of projections or sum shit. Its all in da motion yo niggers. And i gutto intagerate or some shit with dx or sum shit to get equation of penis flow in yo mama's vag.

with-chu

HSC
This is just my opinion and obviously very biased but i think phys gets more exciting in y12. Finished 2 HSC modules now and enjoyed each of them more than anything i learnt in y11.
People also say you can start the HSC content without knowing much from y11... which i find is partially true. You need the foundation, but nothing in detail is presumed.

It'll help if you like the y11 stuff too... Doesn't mean you'll suddenly start liking it as soon as y12 starts. Just give it a chance till the end of y11; things might change by then. Then you can decide amongst other subjects you'll be dropping/picking up.

pman

Banned
HSC
ahh well good luck for med :p

yeah your class is fun.... unlike my class.

but imo the subject itself is pretty boring. And the teachers who teach science in general aren't that good... thats for my old school and my current one...
alot of the science teachers wanted to be research scientists, not teachers.

alot of the physics teachers disagree with the course, it should be about problem solving, which is what physics is, not about understanding the social implications of the manhattan project, that kind of thing belongs in Society and culture or legal studies, not physics

muzeikchun852

HSC
But... there's 4 topics in prelim... meant to be spread over 3 terms... and the waves topic is one of the shorter ones... :eek:
i dont know how we going to get through it but i dont like cosmic engine anyway. is good to skip it. :D:D

HSC
Uni Grad
i dont know how we going to get through it but i dont like cosmic engine anyway. is good to skip it. :D:D
But won't that leave you disadvantaged for the Space topic next year (or if your school chooses Astrophysics as your option topic)?

prah

HSC
alot of the science teachers wanted to be research scientists, not teachers.
alot of the physics teachers disagree with the course, it should be about problem solving
That pretty much sums up my teacher, fantastic at physics but not the best teacher. According to him also the course is fucked, he began one lesson saying "you will need to know this for a test, but as soon as you finish the hsc forget this because it simply isn't true." And he proved one question in the hsc a year or two back was principly wrong, to which the board denied the allegation but then realised he was right.

This is just my opinion and obviously very biased but i think phys gets more exciting in y12. Finished 2 HSC modules now and enjoyed each of them more than anything i learnt in y11.
People also say you can start the HSC content without knowing much from y11... which i find is partially true. You need the foundation, but nothing in detail is presumed.
^^ This.
Physics gets alot. more interesting in year 12 ie/ special theory of relativity, however the foundation learnt in year 11 is somewhat essential for year 12. For example unless you understand the topic magnetism from year 11 you are going to battle hard to cope with motors and generators. Waves knowledge also comes in handy when dealing with light and aether in the space unit.

Physics also gets a lot harder to understand than year 11, the topics and content are harder but far more interesting as a result so stick with it.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
D: it's horrible. But I'm coming 4th out of 16. It's interesting, but somewhat difficult.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
I'm finding Physics rather boring at the moment, but my key interest is Astrophysics, so that could be why. I'm sticking with it though, because some lessons it does get interesting, and the pracs are hilarious at times :) Plus, having a teacher that's a great bloke helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)