• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What's hawt, what's n0t. (1 Viewer)

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
guys with baggy pants and umm tight black singlets = hot

guys with tight light pink or blue shirts = hot

guys with skinny jeans = disgusting

girls with extra large shirts = ugly

guys wearing their PJs = cute

guys with dragon ball z hair styles = hot as

ok can't think of anything else.

arrested development
HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
guys with baggy pants and umm tight black singlets = hot

guys with tight light pink or blue shirts = hot

guys with skinny jeans = disgusting

girls with extra large shirts = ugly

guys wearing their PJs = cute

guys with dragon ball z hair styles = hot as

ok can't think of anything else.

fuck. you like some gross shit.

and:

guys in skinny jeans = ummm hot

girls in oversized tees = hot hot hot!

arrested development
HSC
oh well, i guess even the ugly people need to be loved. it's good that there are girls like her around who like cartoon hair styles and such. :)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
hmm well i wear pyjama "pants" so to speak, like mainly during winter and fuck. i have these sick paul frank ones. and just like a long sleeve plain top or some shit

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
omg i have those too! :eek:

...nah i don't. mine dont actually have julius on them :( they are (vertical) stripey and have "paul frank" written on the stripes though :uhhuh:

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
from egronk:
(Guys and Girls) Pastel colour diamonds = Hot

(Girls) Thick stripes on tight tops = Hot (but have been for a few months, watch out)

(Guys) Pants made of that light material, vaguely reminiscent of pyjama pants = Hot

(Girls) Pastel colour scarves from last winter = Not, way out, throw out or stash at bottom of wardrobe now.

(Girls and Guys) Long skinny scarves = Hot (only on some guys). am i the only one who doesn't like skinny scarves? gimme a fat (within reason. i say fat not mammoth) scarf anyday

(Girls) Tshirts that in some way brag about looks or rejecting guys = Not, very westy. agreed. EXTREMELY westie

(Guys) Kashmir sweaters = Hot (especially my new one) AGREED

Chuck Taylers = Not. Only good ones are unique ones with colour eh. its not like they're hot or not. theyre damn practical and look fine

(Girls) Bright pastel coloured skinny legs = Hot (especially the green ones...yummy) it is my belief that bright coloured skinny jeans, nay any jeans, should be banned. they look really...well...tsubijerk. ie really fucking knobby

(Girls) Tartan Skirts = Hot also a little westie no? NOT HOT

(Girls and Guys) Air Force One Mids with skinny leg jeans = HOT (only on some guys, on most girls but not all) are these shoes? cause if we're talking about those fat adidas/nike shoes, not hot on girls, hot on some guys. note SOME

(Girls) Layered hair = Hot.

i'll add my own (mebbe with pics) later

Skeeta

HSC
what?! who doesnt wear PJ's?

i am liike a pajama a-holic
my faves are a pair of leapoard print flanno's from vegas, and cotton shorts that say I <3 dorks all over them

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
From Always

Stripes - So Fall 2004.
wtf crack head, they only just arrived in summer. I'm talking the Black and white/grey ones

Tight tops - yuck. Loose fitting, oversized tops = Hot
Tight tops are hot. But yeah, that was something I forgot to mention, those loose singlets, wearing one on top of another = fucking hot (for females)

Pastel skinnies - So last year but should never have been.
LOLMG, still fucking hot.

Tartan skirts - YUCK!
You crack heads, tartan skirts are in, the short ones that have shit on them, that whole pretty punk look, fucking hot

Anything shiny and glittery = HOT! :)
OMFG, YOU HAVE NO IDEA. Bling went out like a year ago. i am serious, that is really really really out of date. Get with the times girlfriend.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
And for the record:

1. You can have bright pastels. I don't mean bright as in fluro, I mean light colours...actually, light would be a better word, light pastels (greens, blues, yellows)

2. I posted the queer eye photos as I knew someone was going to, so i figured I'd do it first. I don't particularly like what they are wearing. It was a pre-emptive strike if you will.

3. I wear PJ bottoms. Hot hot pants...I almost find the need to post them...

Last edited:

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Now, in addition to my original list, these are more that have popped into my head or I have witnessed today:

(Guys) Von Dutch Trucker Hats = NOT. Wtf, I can't believe people are still wearing these. I saw a group of three guys thinking they were ultra cool in different color Von Dutch trucker hats and I was like "wtf, have you three been locked up for the last 3 years?". But I was scared that they would bash me as they were of middle eastern appearance.

(Guys) Retro Adidas Jackets = Hot? Fuck yeah! To quote a conversation between me and a girl in my Australian Politics tutorial:
Me: Retro is so hawt right now...
Her: Retro is always hot.

(Girls) Those hooded zip up jackets with the fury stuff lining the hood: HOT

(Girls)Chocolate brown: I know it was a little end of last winter, but fuck it, still Hot.

(Girls)Tight jeans with leather boots over (hot on its own) with long jacket that kind of casually goes down to about knee height: Hot.

Brands

disclaimer: this is not really based on anything other than my own personal opinion and basically refers to my own wardrobe

Hot
D & G
YSL
Pierre Luke Cardin
Country Road (New cut on their polos = awbsum)
Zegna
Lacoste
Tsubi
Rodd and Gunn

Not
Luis Vuitton (image has become trashy and cheap)
Ralph Lauren (Snore)
Nautica (Fuck off bro, Nautica is fucking eshay hectic bro)

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
(Girls) Those hooded zip up jackets with the fury stuff lining the hood: HOT

^^

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
My notes:

Hiding yourself is never hot, clothes are about showing yourself off not hiding in baggy-ness. Which is not to say that less/tigher clothes always = better, there are lots of ways to show yourself off, none of them are baggy. Also I find baggy very bogan/gangsta/etc.

What then is style/fashion other than finding new ways to look good and new colours to do it in? So pick and choose from whats around to make you look your best.

So any girl with thighs on the large side stay out of skinnies you look horrendous.

Now for some more general statements:

Retro is in.

Figure hugging is in for men and women. Though there are two caveats:
1)If you're fat figure hugging is unattractive, but then you are - so maybe its an accurate reflection...
2)Guys, stay away from skinnies (in fact i'm not even a huge fan on girls). Guys skinnies make your legs look skinny, so unless anorexia is hot stay away. Wear bootcuts for fucks sake.

Continuing the close fit ideas (and also winter) long sleeved t's and also jackets in a kind of motorbike style seem to be in. (forgive the lack of descriptive skill).

Military-esque look still seems to be getting alot of play, no doubt it will so long as iraq fills the headlines.

In terms of mens shirts, pastels seem to be falling their place taken by more monochrome, or 'electric' designs and more use of line are.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
* Thongs in winter - really not hot. It's cold people, and rainy too!
* Ugg boots outside of the house - ditto, not hot.
* (guys) Skinnies - i'm going to disagree with a lot of people on this forum and say not hot.
* Stripes - hot
* (girls) Polka dots - cute if done right
* (girls) waist belts - also cute if done right
* (girls) Knee-length boots - hot if done right (I'm thinking over a pair of skinnies, or with a skirt)
* (guys) Pastel shirts - very hot. especially on dark guys
* (girls) bright coloured skinnies (ie. green, yellow, pink) - cute as it's a trend being done by the 13-15 year olds at my local shopping centre. I don't think a real classy woman would pull them off.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)