• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What's hawt, what's n0t. (2 Viewers)

Always

HSC
Egronk said:
From Always

Stripes - So Fall 2004.
wtf crack head, they only just arrived in summer. I'm talking the Black and white/grey ones

Tight tops - yuck. Loose fitting, oversized tops = Hot
Tight tops are hot. But yeah, that was something I forgot to mention, those loose singlets, wearing one on top of another = fucking hot (for females)

Pastel skinnies - So last year but should never have been.
LOLMG, still fucking hot.

Tartan skirts - YUCK!
You crack heads, tartan skirts are in, the short ones that have shit on them, that whole pretty punk look, fucking hot

Anything shiny and glittery = HOT! :)
OMFG, YOU HAVE NO IDEA. Bling went out like a year ago. i am serious, that is really really really out of date. Get with the times girlfriend.

I won't even pretend that I'm not more than a little offended.

Black & white stripes: Dior introduced them in their Fall 2005 collection They were done to death in Europe last year. Even the Americans are over it. Kate Moss wore them back in 2004. Only just arrived in Summer? Get with the times, girlfriend. Fashion fact #1: Australia is always at least two seasons behind.

Tight tops: 'Hot' when in the form of one piece swimmers and leotards. Didn't you know? It's all about loose tops and skinny bottoms.

Layered singlets: Hate the look. So unncessary. Adds bulk and makes one look fat. Went out with boho and MK&A.

Pastel skinnies: Why?

Tartan skirts: Been taking pointers from Alexander McQueen, hmm? Don't get me wrong, I love the man, but tartan is so ugly it hurts my eyes.

Shiny & glittery: Metallics were everywhere on the S06 and F06 runways, from Alexander McQueen to Roberto Cavalli to Gucci. Gucci, Chanel, Marc Jacobs, Dolce & Gabbana, etc all brought out bags with chains and shiny buckles. Then there was all the subtle gold detailing on Balenciaga, Miu Miu and Dolce & Gabbana dresses. Didn't you notice all the glittery pumps (especially from Miu Miu), chain necklaces (everywhere) and shiny headpieces? I have a gold glitter headband from Miu Miu (Spring 2005 collection). Really, really, really out of date? The trend has barely started and I'm loving it.

Don't ever tell me I have no idea.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Always said:
I won't even pretend that I'm not more than a little offended.

Black & white stripes: Dior introduced them in their Fall 2005 collection They were done to death in Europe last year. Even the Americans are over it. Kate Moss wore them back in 2004. Only just arrived in Summer? Get with the times, girlfriend. Fashion fact #1: Australia is always at least two seasons behind.

Tight tops: 'Hot' when in the form of one piece swimmers and leotards. Didn't you know? It's all about loose tops and skinny bottoms.

Layered singlets: Hate the look. So unncessary. Adds bulk and makes one look fat. Went out with boho and MK&A.

Pastel skinnies: Why?

Tartan skirts: Been taking pointers from Alexander McQueen, hmm? Don't get me wrong, I love the man, but tartan is so ugly it hurts my eyes.

Shiny & glittery: Metallics were everywhere on the S06 and F06 runways, from Alexander McQueen to Roberto Cavalli to Gucci. Gucci, Chanel, Marc Jacobs, Dolce & Gabbana, etc all brought out bags with chains and shiny buckles. Then there was all the subtle gold detailing on Balenciaga, Miu Miu and Dolce & Gabbana dresses. Didn't you notice all the glittery pumps (especially from Miu Miu), chain necklaces (everywhere) and shiny headpieces? I have a gold glitter headband from Miu Miu (Spring 2005 collection). Really, really, really out of date? The trend has barely started and I'm loving it.

Don't ever tell me I have no idea.
You have no idea.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
Egronk, what's got into you boy?

I have massive breaks between classes at university.

During these breaks I sit with a bunch of girls (and one guy who pretends he likes women but i believe he is gay).

We sit at Manning and they comment on every single person who goes past.

They comment about everything. Everything.

At first i thought it was disgusting and despicable. Then i realised it was fun.

In this thread I attempt to regurgitate all i have learnt over the last semester and impress everyone with my awbsum knowledge.

Except that slut who likes the bling, fucking 2004 trashbag.

Bling was meant for fingers, wrists or the neck...Rhinestones, sequins and other glittery embellishments are so last year...this year's designs are dotted with natural pieces...gold pieces, used sparingly, add "minimal chic."
Source Swimsuit trends for 2006

Spring things are always lighter and airier than fall and winter, but this season fashion designers took standard spring fare like dresses and injected them with ruffles, bows and neutral colors. The boho look of last year is being replaced with a more refined, upscale look (and ultimately, more wearable). Find out which look will work for you.

Black and white is everywhere this season: in solids, prints, embellished pieces, separates, dresses, swimwear and accessories. You can't miss with this looks-great-on-everyone trend!Also, find out how to accessorize black and white ensembles with our new photo gallery.
Diane von Furstenberg, Sass & Bide, BCBG, Monique Lhuillier, Lacoste, Bill Blass, Alice Roi and Tuleh all avoided any form of "glitter" or whatever the fuck you said last page. Go back to campbelltown.

Last edited:
HSC
Egronk said:
Tartan skirts - YUCK!
You crack heads, tartan skirts are in, the short ones that have shit on them, that whole pretty punk look, fucking hot
[/b]
again .. i agree with you for the most part, but those skirts just yell out "i'm a trashy westie tryhard slut, i listen to simple plan and fall out boy, omfg i'm so punk, and i probably really shouldn't be wearing a skirt this short for the good of the eyes of the world"

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
I rkn tartan skirts are hot

maybe i just go for the whole punk look, i dunno

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
katietheskatie said:
again .. i agree with you for the most part, but those skirts just yell out "i'm a trashy westie tryhard slut, i listen to simple plan and fall out boy, omfg i'm so punk, and i probably really shouldn't be wearing a skirt this short for the good of the eyes of the world"
where is your butter knife :eek:

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
katietheskatie said:
Hmmm, i see where you are coming from.

And my scones had blueberry jam.

i was trying to find raspberry to be honest, but i could only find blueberry and fig.

My brother just got home and i tried to convince him that I made them myself, then he didn't believe me and asked how, and i was rumbled.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
hay katie
dunno how this worked but i got a footlong chicken fillet, drink and biscuit for $6.80

when the dude said the price i was all :confused:

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
flat tan leather boots = hot
pointy boots/shoes = not

high heels = hot
kitten heels = not
wedges = kill yourself now

tulip skirts = scorching hot
tiered skirts/miniskirts = not

man-style slacks = hot
faded jeans = not

wide, alligator skin belts (a la cue) = hot
random high belts in the middle of tops = really not
(cinching will NOT solve the world's problems, people)

delicate, timeless jewellery = hot
chunky cheap costume jewellery = not

tops under dresses = hot
layered singlets = not

neat, pinned back curls = hot
bedhair = not

featured eyes/lips = hot
whore-style makeup = not

TARTAN SKIRTS = NOT HOT!

Always

HSC
Egronk said:
I have massive breaks between classes at university.

During these breaks I sit with a bunch of girls (and one guy who pretends he likes women but i believe he is gay).

We sit at Manning and they comment on every single person who goes past.

They comment about everything. Everything.

At first i thought it was disgusting and despicable. Then i realised it was fun.

In this thread I attempt to regurgitate all i have learnt over the last semester and impress everyone with my awbsum knowledge.

Except that slut who likes the bling, fucking 2004 trashbag.

Diane von Furstenberg, Sass & Bide, BCBG, Monique Lhuillier, Lacoste, Bill Blass, Alice Roi and Tuleh all avoided any form of "glitter" or whatever the fuck you said last page. Go back to campbelltown.
yo, buddy.

You sound like trash. You probably hang around trash and grew up with trash so I suppose it's not your fault you're so ignorant. Do your girl friends read Elle or Australian Vogue? Where did you get your 'swimwear trends' source from? An old article online written by an ugly, tasteless fashion journalist wanna-be who earns less than a dog and probably has never been to a fashion show in her life?

Shiny, glittery embellishments is not the same as 'bling'. Where did you get that idea from? Australian Vogue?

Who the fuck (under 30) wears Diane von Furstenberg? She's not a trend setter, anyway. The style of her clothing line never really changes that much.

Sass & Bide... avoiding metallics and glitter? Their Fall 2006 collection is called "Shining Independent". ;) They love shiny jewellery, sequins, and glittery embellishments.

Monique Lhuillier - check out the sparkly top.

Bill Blass: Shimmering dresses in shiny materials were a big part of both the Summer and Fall 2006 collection. Shiny shoes, too.

P.S. It's okay to admit you're wrong.

arrested development
HSC
NOT HOT - girls who are very, very fat and/or ugly so wear weird clothes because they think "if I can't be attractive, I'll just be quirky". It usually looks terrible. *puke*

Always

HSC
AlleyCat said:
That made me laugh. So true.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Always said:
Ok, I don't mean to be rude, but who cares if stripes were in fashion in Europe last season. We're in Australia here. Let them be done to death here too. If they look good, wear them. If they don't, then don't wear them. Don't NOT wear something purely based on the fact that it's been done to death in a country 50000km away.

This whole striving for 'wearing the latest fashion in Europe' is really starting to bore me.

arrested development
HSC
AlleyCat said:
what would you suggest morbidly obese/spine-meltingly ugly girls wear?

because sometimes i look in my wardrobe and just can't decide...
I tend to think that if someone is massively overweight it's a good idea to wear flattering, classic cuts and designs. I believe that only supermodels (or people with supermodel-like figures) have the ability to get away with really bizarre clothes. :)

And I don't just mean "interesting" designs or details, I'm talking about when people try to be quirky by doing that MK Olsen layering millions of things over each other thing.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Always said:
yo, buddy.

You sound like trash. You probably hang around trash and grew up with trash so I suppose it's not your fault you're so ignorant. Do your girl friends read Elle or Australian Vogue? Where did you get your 'swimwear trends' source from? An old article online written by an ugly, tasteless fashion journalist wanna-be who earns less than a dog and probably has never been to a fashion show in her life?

Shiny, glittery embellishments is not the same as 'bling'. Where did you get that idea from? Australian Vogue?

Who the fuck (under 30) wears Diane von Furstenberg? She's not a trend setter, anyway. The style of her clothing line never really changes that much.

Sass & Bide... avoiding metallics and glitter? Their Fall 2006 collection is called "Shining Independent". ;) They love shiny jewellery, sequins, and glittery embellishments.

Monique Lhuillier - check out the sparkly top.

Bill Blass: Shimmering dresses in shiny materials were a big part of both the Summer and Fall 2006 collection. Shiny shoes, too.

P.S. It's okay to admit you're wrong.

I am man enough to say that I am wrong.

The fact of the matter is that i based everything I said simple on what i see people wearing.

Most of the names i just rattled off I have never heard of, I just typed "bling is out" into google and that was some of the shit that came up.

i have never actually gone out of my way to actually see "what's hot" in Europe, and to be perfectly honest, I only watch the fashion channel when i stumble home drunk and don't want to go to sleep straight away to avoid a hang over, and i am hoping to see some lingerie.

You have me trumped. I am way out of my depth here.

but you better hope for your sake that you are damn hot...

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
AlleyCat said:
flat tan leather boots = hot
pointy boots/shoes = not

high heels = hot
kitten heels = not
wedges = kill yourself now

tulip skirts = scorching hot
tiered skirts/miniskirts = not

man-style slacks = hot
faded jeans = not

wide, alligator skin belts (a la cue) = hot

delicate, timeless jewellery = hot
chunky cheap costume jewellery = not

tops under dresses = hot
layered singlets = not

neat, pinned back curls = hot
bedhair = not

featured eyes/lips = hot
whore-style makeup = not

TARTAN SKIRTS = NOT HOT!
Wow, i disagree with alot of things there, but I am now too scared to put my opinion forth...

Nah just don't have the time, I'll comment later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)