WW II
Korean War
Vietnam War

Year 12:
War on Terrorism
Cold War
USSR/Chinese Communism (I chose USSR)
Gahndi

We also did race relations somewhere in year 12. I chose the US one. Modern history is piss easy by the way.
Wtf, you're not allowed to do WWI in Year 11 and theres no such thing as a module called 'War on Terrorism' in Year 12.

0hNivlek

HSC
Re: What's Yr 12 Modern like?

We actually did Terrorism at the very start of the prelims during roll-over so i'm assuming it was kinda like a filler topic lol.

Hajime

HSC

DAMN! Why can't I do "war on terrorism"! perhaps it will help me forget I have a retard for a teacher!

Heyu8myrice

HSC

I found WW1 trenchlife simple but boring.. later it gets much more dificult and you'll wish you were still doing trenchlife. Just don't loose focus, afterall it helps in later modern history.

frenchyfantome

HSC

hehe i personally found the WW1 core topic a thousand times easier than the national studies >.<

Moenique

HSC

it sucks penis
Agreed.
It's my weakest subject.
I've just started World War I; we touched on it in the last lesson before my exam.

My teacher is a history junkie, and she intimidates me.
I hardly ever feel intimidated.

technicolour

HSC

It's the best subject you could possibly take. I love it.

d3st1nyLiang

Premium Member
HSC
what is modern history?

hey, for any of you who know about modern history, what do you do in yr 11 and 12
and is it more enjoyable than yr 10 history?

thanks for helping me with my subject selections

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Re: what is modern history?

You may find this helpful: http://community.boredofstudies.org/33/modern-history/152023/whats-modern-history-like.html

You would recognise that Year 10 History is restricted to Australian history only. With Year 11 and 12 Modern History, that focus is broadened and you will be completing a set of modules (including the core topics) that entail different areas and regions - Germany, Russia, China, Japan, USA, WWI etc depending on the discretion of your teacher. So all in all, personally, I found Modern History to be more engaging and satisfying than Year 10 History.

jellybelly59

HSC

personally, modern history>>>>>>>>> yr 10 history because it's not focused on australian history which is dull. Much more of a challenge which i thought was good and the content you look at is detailed and interesting.

kawaiinlove

HSC

modern history is basically the history of the last 200 years. so far in modern in yr 11 i've studied the last tsar of russia and the revolution of cuba, next term we're studying WWI and next year we're studying WWII and Hitler.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC

Modern history pwns year 10 history - year 10 history was very dull.

In year 11 i did Russia under the Tsars, Indochina, WWI and a bit of Germany. This year i'm doing WWII, the Cold War and Russia/USSR as my option.

tj08

HSC
Modern History is really really awesome!
To be honest, I spent the first few months of the course thinking it was boring and regretting it bigtime...
But then I actually started listening in my lessons and realised how interesting it was. It is by far the subject I miss most in school.
But like a lot of people before me have said, there is sooo much to remember, so much that you think your brain can't possibly hold that much information, especially when it comes really close to the HSC and you begin to comprehend how broad the subject is, because you have to make sure you are an expert on every aspect of the course, because normally the one section you slack off on or dont read through properly is the one section that they ask you the question on.
But regardless it's an absolutely awesome topic!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)