what's so technical about sydney tech? (1 Viewer)

bettina44

HSC
its just out of curosity. i've asked a couple friends who go there and even they don't know lol

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Source: Sydney Technical High School
One of the reforms advocated by the 1903 Royal Commission into NSW Education was the establishment of classes providing courses which would involve technical subjects. As a result, Continuation classes for pupils whose interest lay in technical subjects commenced at the Sydney Technical College.

In April 1911, these Continuation classes were given the status of a high school and Sydney Technical High was established. Originally the school was co-educational with 113 boys and 15 girls. In February 1913 the girls were transferred to Fort Street Girls' High and to the lamentation of generations of Tech students the school became for boys only.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
I suppose they're more design and tech, woodwork, metalwork, ssd, ipt, art, and subjects like those orientated...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
its just out of curosity. i've asked a couple friends who go there and even they don't know lol
what about cherrybrook tech...what's so technical about them? lol

i think it just sounds cool...imagine having your school named xxxx technical

for example, james ruse technical high school...sounds so much better aye?

or st pius x technical...lol

LordPc

HSC

well considering james ruse agricultural high school sounds like some school for farm kids, anything pretty much sounds better than it.

but maybe tech schools just barely qualify as a proper high school.

so like Sydney Tech HS is called that because they are "technically" a high school, if only just

bettina44

HSC

lol its technology actually, i'm not too sure about cherrybrook, but i go to a techy school myself so i would think its the same. at our school ist is a compulsory elective in yr 9 and 10 which makes it technological, well that and i think we get extra funding. i agree too,ehgths is such a pretty name XD

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^there are many jealous people here, don't worry =)

lol its technology actually, i'm not too sure about cherrybrook, but i go to a techy school myself so i would think its the same. at our school ist is a compulsory elective in yr 9 and 10 which makes it technological, well that and i think we get extra funding. i agree too,ehgths is such a pretty name XD
lol

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
majority of techies are fuckwits/faggots.

cept gurmies.

PS. gurmies - are the year 9s in your school like full gangster wannabes? apparently they're parading around hrustville acting like they're sw.

hahaha my mates want to staunch them

gurmies

Drover
HSC
majority of techies are fuckwits/faggots.

cept gurmies.

PS. gurmies - are the year 9s in your school like full gangster wannabes? apparently they're parading around hrustville acting like they're sw.

hahaha my mates want to staunch them
Lol, that pretty much summarises every year. They get more and more gangsta wannabe until they hit year 12 and realise they ain't shit - although we've got some sick cunts in year 12. Year 11s i'd say are the worst in terms of parading around hurstville :p

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
st george are generally pretty ugly anyways

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)