What's uni like?? (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hmmm. If only people actually needed/wanted scientists. So unimpressed how google gave out free stuff to the computing kids. They got android plushies! They were really cute. I really wanted one. I wish some huge company that wanted science kids from UNSW to work for them would come along and give the SAMSOC some money for our free booze. :(

That is so not the same. Did you ask her to be your partner? I really want to watch you hit on a girl some time. That'd be funny.
Science is so broad though, that's why unfortunately that could never happen =(

And yes, I asked to be her partner. At camp, for breakfast I think - I went to every single table and asked if everyone had a biography partner. I got to the side area where the leaders usually sat and one girl was there who did not have a partner and did Psychology and not Maths which is what everyone else who I asked but did not have a partner, did do.

Also, if I'm drunk at my Unibar party - if it occurs - I'll probably end up hitting on someone. If not, you'll see me talking to a girl anyway - but perhaps more in a friendly manner because I haven't explicitly hit on anyone before... I don't think.

Deathless

HSC
Reading the post above, I was reminded of a uni camp I attended.

Absolute shit. Organisers spent all the money on booze so the accommodation was basically the next shittest thing after a choice of sleeping outside on grass with a sleeping bad and no tent. With spiders and mosquitos everywhere.

aya-chan

HSC
Science is so broad though, that's why unfortunately that could never happen =(

And yes, I asked to be her partner. At camp, for breakfast I think - I went to every single table and asked if everyone had a biography partner. I got to the side area where the leaders usually sat and one girl was there who did not have a partner and did Psychology and not Maths which is what everyone else who I asked but did not have a partner, did do.

Also, if I'm drunk at my Unibar party - if it occurs - I'll probably end up hitting on someone. If not, you'll see me talking to a girl anyway - but perhaps more in a friendly manner because I haven't explicitly hit on anyone before... I don't think.
I guess that's true. And I guess we already have industry links - except all the money's given away to specific people in the form of the industry partnership scholarships and not in the form of free booze. Oh the injustice of it all.

Ah. That explains it then.

I guess I'll see you at unibar that day then. Perhaps I'll buy you a drink.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Can the drink be non-alcoholic because chances are I'll already have many people who will get me alcohol? =P

aya-chan

HSC
Can the drink be non-alcoholic because chances are I'll already have many people who will get me alcohol? =P
No. There's not point in me shouting you a drink for your 18th birthday if it's non-alcoholic! Besides, I want to see you drunk, remember?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
No, I actually went. I didn't skip anything that day. This was back in first year, when I went to everything.
I've only skipped about 3 lectures for 1 subject, I've gone to everything else, will probably end up going to everything else for next sem too lol :hammer:

aya-chan

HSC
I've only skipped about 3 lectures for 1 subject, I've gone to everything else, will probably end up going to everything else for next sem too lol :hammer:
Wow. You guys are amazing. Half-way through the semester, I just got so bored, I stopped going to most of my lectures, except for the ones that marked attendance and gave you attendance marks. =|

It's gonna be different next semester. I swear. >=(

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm gonna sleep now. SDude don't tell her who I am. Let her figure it out.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Wow. You guys are amazing. Half-way through the semester, I just got so bored, I stopped going to most of my lectures, except for the ones that marked attendance and gave you attendance marks. =|

It's gonna be different next semester. I swear. >=(
well I only skipped them because none of the material taught was assesable, and the lecturer was pathetic, hated her, dont think i'll ever miss class/lectures tbh, I mean I only go 2 days may as well attend and make up for the fees I pay even if it sucks.

Why do your lectures have attendance?

aya-chan

HSC
well I only skipped them because none of the material taught was assesable, and the lecturer was pathetic, hated her, dont think i'll ever miss class/lectures tbh, I mean I only go 2 days may as well attend and make up for the fees I pay even if it sucks.

Why do your lectures have attendance?
I see. That's fair enough.

Erm, it was for my really lame course, SCIF - and there was only like 10 of us in the course anyway. It really sucked. It's our compulsory course for Advanced Science. Such a waste of time. =|

aya-chan

HSC
My bad. Should've quoted. I meant the post before yours.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I see. That's fair enough.

Erm, it was for my really lame course, SCIF - and there was only like 10 of us in the course anyway. It really sucked. It's our compulsory course for Advanced Science. Such a waste of time. =|
ouch, that's gotta suck, cant help it if there's only 10 tho, they need to make sure people turn up to cover the cost & the dignity of the lecturer(s).

My bad. Should've quoted. I meant the post before yours.
np :lol:

aya-chan

HSC
ouch, that's gotta suck, cant help it if there's only 10 tho, they need to make sure people turn up to cover the cost & the dignity of the lecturer(s).
That's true. I felt so bad for the lecturer every time I skipped that lecture just because he barely had any other students! :(

But a friend of mine went to some management lecture once, 6-7pm on the last day before the mid-semester break. There's meant to be almost 200 people in that lecture, but that specific lecture only had about 20 people attending. Apparently the lecturer was really sad. D:

Do I even know you? Or do you just know people that know my name? Then creep me out and make me think I've got stalkers. :(

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
obviously the lecturer would be sad lol... 10% attendance is horrible, for the one I missed, the last lecture had 0 people turn up, when the first lecture of the semester had 400 people, imagine how the lecturer would have felt then, and she called in a guest speaker for us too ahhahahaa, aww I feel like a sad nigga now

aya-chan

HSC
Awww. That's so depressing! I'd so hate to be a uni lecturer if everyone was gonna just jig. :(

hmm. I should think about my lecturer crying the next time I intend on skipping a lecture.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
No. There's not point in me shouting you a drink for your 18th birthday if it's non-alcoholic! Besides, I want to see you drunk, remember?
Can't I just act drunk?

I'm not even sure who you are. =P

I remember I called you once and then a person of the opposite sex to you answered the phone. I was like "lolwat".

O_O; Huh? Who are you?
Exactly.

Do I even know you? Or do you just know people that know my name? Then creep me out and make me think I've got stalkers. :(
I think you know ML.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)