What's uni like?? (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Wow, Shadowdude, when do you turn 18?
End of July.

There'll be a big party at the Unibar near then, I'm sure. Some uni people I know will be very sure to arrange something for me.

I'm sure a few BoS-ers who I know in person will be very eager for me to... digest alcohol on that day.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Usually just during the lecture. You find the time. There's always gaps before and after lectures of about 10 minutes.

digest alcohol on that day.
The term, I think you'll find, is drink ;)

HSC
End of July.

There'll be a big party at the Unibar near then, I'm sure. Some uni people I know will be very sure to arrange something for me.

I'm sure a few BoS-ers who I know in person will be very eager for me to... digest alcohol on that day.
You've never had a drink?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I've had a drink. Like, I remember I was at a cousin's 21st and they served a drink that I thought was Coke. I filled a glass with it and took a hearty gulp and then I was like "This isn't... Coke". But since the waitress was still there I had to drink it to be polite...

I was informed later it was alcohol

aya-chan

HSC
I've had a drink. Like, I remember I was at a cousin's 21st and they served a drink that I thought was Coke. I filled a glass with it and took a hearty gulp and then I was like "This isn't... Coke". But since the waitress was still there I had to drink it to be polite...

hahaha. You make me feel like such a badass for hanging out at the unibar, because they don't check ID and making other people get booze for me at SCIF camp, because I was still underage then and they were actually strict about age limits.

I'd like to be there to see you get wasted at unibar though. So please let me know when this party is. :D

HSC

lol... you felt obligated to drink it :p

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
hahaha. You make me feel like such a badass for hanging out at the unibar, because they don't check ID and making other people get booze for me at SCIF camp, because I was still underage then and they were actually strict about age limits.

I'd like to be there to see you get wasted at unibar though. So please let me know when this party is. :D
Oh I hang out at the unibar too - but I don't drink. At SCIF camp I just was on the sidelines enjoying the atmosphere while not actually participating in it =P

But uhh... the party is probably going to be July 29 on the Friday or August 1 on Monday. (I turn 18 on July 31). But it should be all over Facebook so just tag along if you see some status updates or events relating to it.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
lol... you felt obligated to drink it :p
Well, if someone offers you food - you eat it, it's the polite thing to do. It's one thing to decline that, but once it's half-digested and you spit it out - then that's extra insulting... <_<

aya-chan

HSC
Oh I hang out at the unibar too - but I don't drink. At SCIF camp I just was on the sidelines enjoying the atmosphere while not actually participating in it =P

But uhh... the party is probably going to be July 29 on the Friday or August 1 on Monday. (I turn 18 on July 31). But it should be all over Facebook so just tag along if you see some status updates or events relating to it.
I actually haven't had very much recently. Trying not to be a boozehound. :D And they ran out of alcohol SO quickly at SCIF camp, that was SUCH a joke. Wish I did law or something, they had like, a HUGE bar tab for their lawsoc launch party. Must've been intense.

OKAY, I'LL BE THERE. I'LL BRING FRIENDS AND A CAKE. Then I'll eat the cake. And watch you get drunk.

HSC
Well, if someone offers you food - you eat it, it's the polite thing to do. It's one thing to decline that, but once it's half-digested and you spit it out - then that's extra insulting... <_<
haha, I totally get where you're coming from.
I was once having dinner at a friends house and her mother cooked something that I thought was absolutely horrid. I forced myself to eat the entire thing to not seem rude while telling myself "please don't gag... please don't gag... just swallow it" the entire meal.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I actually haven't had very much recently. Trying not to be a boozehound. :D And they ran out of alcohol SO quickly at SCIF camp, that was SUCH a joke. Wish I did law or something, they had like, a HUGE bar tab for their lawsoc launch party. Must've been intense.

OKAY, I'LL BE THERE. I'LL BRING FRIENDS AND A CAKE. Then I'll eat the cake. And watch you get drunk.
Oh you should've just brought your own alcohol like some people did. But yeah, Law camp apparently had one whole truck for the luggage... and one whole truck for the booze.

And no I won't be getting drunk because that's too violent for me and I might end up becoming one of those anti-social drunks who humiliates themselves. Also okay on the cake - if you want.

I was once having dinner at a friends house and her mother cooked something that I thought was absolutely horrid. I forced myself to eat the entire thing to not seem rude while telling myself "please don't gag... please don't gag... just swallow it" the entire meal.
What was the 'absolutely horrid' thing? I might be able to relate.

bby3

HSC
If bitches make me a crap sandwhich, I just send them back into the kitchen to make me a new one

aya-chan

HSC
Oh you should've just brought your own alcohol like some people did. But yeah, Law camp apparently had one whole truck for the luggage... and one whole truck for the booze.

And no I won't be getting drunk because that's too violent for me and I might end up becoming one of those anti-social drunks who humiliates themselves. Also okay on the cake - if you want.

I would've. If I was old enough to buy my own booze. :( It was so horrible. I turned 18 the day after camp. :'( So jelly of lawsoc. WHY DO WE GET SUCH A LAME SOCIETY. I don't even know what our society is called anymore. and WHY DO WE NOT GET FREE BOOZE? And why are our camps so tame?

Isn't that the point though? You're meant to humiliate yourself, and I'll just be around to laugh at you. The second person for whom we bought a cake for their birthday (I was the first) was so happy! He was all surprised and I feel like such a nice person. :) Then we got him drunk. That was so hilarious. - Picture an 18 year old guy rolling around on the grass somewhere with a tennis racquet that he won't let go of ... and no one even knows where the tennis racquet came from...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
It was this weird, watery chicken soup that had a huge corn cob in it. It's chilean I believe.

How do you manage your bitch? Mine wont cook for me at all
Chilean, eh? Yeah never had South American cuisine before. Maybe it's acquired.

I would've. If I was old enough to buy my own booze. :( It was so horrible. I turned 18 the day after camp. :'( So jelly of lawsoc. WHY DO WE GET SUCH A LAME SOCIETY. I don't even know what our society is called anymore. and WHY DO WE NOT GET FREE BOOZE? And why are our camps so tame?

Isn't that the point though? You're meant to humiliate yourself, and I'll just be around to laugh at you. The second person for whom we bought a cake for their birthday (I was the first) was so happy! He was all surprised and I feel like such a nice person. :) Then we got him drunk. That was so hilarious. - Picture an 18 year old guy rolling around on the grass somewhere with a tennis racquet that he won't let go of ... and no one even knows where the tennis racquet came from...
But we have SAMSOC! I think that's what it's called... we're poor so we don't get free booze. We don't even have an entire building to ourselves. Law has Law Building, Engineering has like... 26 buildings and Science is spread over many buildings and probably doesn't have lots of money. Our camps are tame probably because of us having staff as leaders - while Law camp just had student leaders, I think.

And err... can't I just pretend humiliate myself? Like, roll in the grass for some reason not because I'm drunk but just so we can experience that or something? =P

It'd save the horrors of drunkenness from affecting me..

aya-chan

HSC
But we have SAMSOC! I think that's what it's called... we're poor so we don't get free booze. We don't even have an entire building to ourselves. Law has Law Building, Engineering has like... 26 buildings and Science is spread over many buildings and probably doesn't have lots of money. Our camps are tame probably because of us having staff as leaders - while Law camp just had student leaders, I think.

And err... can't I just pretend humiliate myself? Like, roll in the grass for some reason not because I'm drunk but just so we can experience that or something? =P

It'd save the horrors of drunkenness from affecting me..
Ah wow. okay. You're right about SAMSOC. Why did they even change the name. ASSSOC was the best. We so need more money. I want some free booze.

Come on now. How bad can it be? You might even end up talking to a female person in real life!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Ah wow. okay. You're right about SAMSOC. Why did they even change the name. ASSSOC was the best. We so need more money. I want some free booze.

Come on now. How bad can it be? You might even end up talking to a female person in real life!
ASSSOC probably offended some people. You know political correctness these days... but yeah, we'd have more money if I don't know... did some fundraisers. Everyone likes a sausage sizzle.

And hey, hey, hey - I interviewed a girl for my SCIF biography, so been there, done that. =P

aya-chan

HSC
ASSSOC probably offended some people. You know political correctness these days... but yeah, we'd have more money if I don't know... did some fundraisers. Everyone likes a sausage sizzle.

And hey, hey, hey - I interviewed a girl for my SCIF biography, so been there, done that. =P
Hmmm. If only people actually needed/wanted scientists. So unimpressed how google gave out free stuff to the computing kids. They got android plushies! They were really cute. I really wanted one. I wish some huge company that wanted science kids from UNSW to work for them would come along and give the SAMSOC some money for our free booze. :(

That is so not the same. Did you ask her to be your partner? I really want to watch you hit on a girl some time. That'd be funny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)