a)i go to uni
b) i do economics
c)i have friends doing economics, which you clearly lack
d)economics is all asians, all business related fields these days so good luck
e)racist much?
f)dw your not going to state rank anything son, unless you go to a top 10 HS,

twistedrebel

HSC
It's not true. At USYD economics this year, I'd say it's around 60% asians (local and foreign) with 40% whites...

Also I find uni much easier than high school. It's only relatively harder because I do less work and attend less classes. j-uhrig, for Economics you need to study a bit but for some subjects such as government, I know people who got HDs with little to no study. I'm averaging D for Economics and i don't go to lectures or tutorials but I do cram quite a bit for the assessments.
usyd is the only uni left, with a significant white population. Should see UNSW, maq, uts business schools son.

Yeah its true you do less work at uni, but its harder. If you compare to the effort you put in HS and uni, uni is more. Weekly quizes, assignments etc, in less period (13 weeks). Its true for engineering not sure about others, don't you do something like arts anyways?

Deathless

HSC
I'm asian. What are you trying to say?

Ah well. Still hella excited to finish school to go to university, regardless :D
~Finishing classes and then heading out to a cafe or lunch with friends D:
... or having tutorials from 10-4 with no breaks and having to rush to each in-between and not eating at all?

But anyway ~ yeah at UNSW economics there's a lot more asians than USYD.

Deathless

HSC
usyd is the only uni left, with a significant white population. Should see UNSW, maq, uts business schools son.

Yeah its true you do less work at uni, but its harder. If you compare to the effort you put in HS and uni, uni is more. Weekly quizes, assignments etc, in less period (13 weeks). Its true for engineering not sure about others, don't you do something like arts anyways?
Yeah, I know. The other unis have way more asians for the business schools.

To be honest though, undergrad USYD business school is shit. All the lecturers are bad. Personally, I've put less effort in uni than in high school - just can't be bothered but I'm gonna put a lot of effort during stuvac. Actually I do business. There are a few subjects that will make you put much more effort in uni than high school but there are a lot of easy ones too. I'd say most languages require a lot of effort and most of the maths-subjects bar first-year economics. I heard studying Chinese at UNSW for example is pretty intense. They do one chapter per week + online quizzes + quizzes etc. One chapter per week is around like 40+ vocab per week and for Chinese that is pretty big.

FrozenSky

HSC
The asian to white ratio at UTS is quite even i'd say.
And the difficulty of uni depends on your course. If you pick commerce, commerce/arts or commerce/eco you would be cheering as they do the least amount of hours (3 days a week).
If you pick something like engineering or science then uni would be a lot difficult.
Just my opinion :)

twistedrebel

HSC
Wait i must have confused you for someone else, (all these people with no avatars). Yeah from friends Usyd business schools aint that flash, and tutors/lecturer's shit. UNSW has someone like Alberto Motto for economics instead, who gets raving reviews from students. Also Mereweather sucks

twistedrebel

HSC
The asian to white ratio at UTS is quite even i'd say.
And the difficulty of uni depends on your course. If you pick commerce, commerce/arts or commerce/eco you would be cheering as they do the least amount of hours (3 days a week).
If you pick something like engineering or science then uni would be a lot difficult.
Just my opinion :)
less days at uni =/= less work son (not always), but you do get more time to study to an extent.

FrozenSky

HSC
less days at uni =/= less work son (not always), but you do get more time to study to an extent.
Yeah that's why i think it's a lot easier, you get less lectures + more time to study + more time to go out
Where as science/engineering you're constantly trying to catch up

FrozenSky

HSC
Economics similar to commerce

and btw if you do a double degree?
If you double degree commerce with economics or arts it's still around 13 hours.
Those courses in general just has less hours.
If you double commerce with engo/science then you get 17 hours + (assuming that you picked two engo/science sub and two commerce sub)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
If you double degree commerce with economics or arts it's still around 13 hours.
Those courses in general just has less hours.
If you double commerce with engo/science then you get 17 hours + (assuming that you picked two engo/science sub and two commerce sub)
Finance and Economics?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)