What's uni like?? (1 Viewer)

Deathless

HSC
Yeah that's why i think it's a lot easier, you get less lectures + more time to study + more time to go out
Where as science/engineering you're constantly trying to catch up
It is only easier in first year. Second year business subjects get a lot harder and you have to do quite a lot of self-studying and practice if you want to do well. Whereas engineering has longer hours but you can cover a lot of the work at uni.

Yeah commerce is around 13 hours a week, whereas the science/engo students get around 20~25 hours (no exaggeration)
It is meant to be around 13 hours but there are also extra optional classes (which a lot of people attend) and some subjects are annoying because they have 2 hours tuts. So you can go up to 17-18.

FrozenSky

HSC
It is only easier in first year. Second year business subjects get a lot harder and you have to do quite a lot of self-studying and practice if you want to do well. Whereas engineering has longer hours but you can cover a lot of the work at uni.

It is meant to be around 13 hours but there are also extra optional classes (which a lot of people attend) and some subjects are annoying because they have 2 hours tuts. So you can go up to 17-18.
2 hour tuts are nothing we have 3 hour pracs :p
And what do you mean we can cover alot of the work at uni? After we're done with the lectures we still have to go home to practice all the maths and problem solving questions (most courses are like that)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
2 hour tuts are nothing we have 3 hour pracs :p
And what do you mean we can cover alot of the work at uni? After we're done with the lectures we still have to go home to practice all the maths and problem solving questions (most courses are like that)
3h hour pracs are nothing. We have 4 hour rehearsals. And often, 15hr bump-ins.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Wait i must have confused you for someone else, (all these people with no avatars). Yeah from friends Usyd business schools aint that flash, and tutors/lecturer's shit. UNSW has someone like Alberto Motto for economics instead, who gets raving reviews from students. Also Mereweather sucks
Alberto Motta = win.

Made economics fascinating.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Depends what classes you pick and what tutorials you end up getting. Usually, yes.

twistedrebel

HSC

Engineering/science cover work at uni? wtf, we dont have parrallel universes to do that son. We actually have to go home and do the work. Its quite common in undergrad's 1st for us kids to spend whole nights awake doing projects. (i ve already had 3 nights). As i do business subjects and engineering subjects I can say without a doubt engineering>business. Its all relative, e.g. if you do business only you ll think they are hard, but if you do engineering and business subjects you ll notice the difference.

Also at UNSW WAM for business students calculated for the degree as one, while for engineering students the weighting increases each year, e.g. of difficulty of engineering.

Fuck Yeah!!!

thats like 2 full days!
you cant get 2 days at uni, its impossible, they arent going to make the timetable around you

Deathless

HSC
Engineering/science cover work at uni? wtf, we dont have parrallel universes to do that son. We actually have to go home and do the work. Its quite common in undergrad's 1st for us kids to spend whole nights awake doing projects. (i ve already had 3 nights). As i do business subjects and engineering subjects I can say without a doubt engineering>business. Its all relative, e.g. if you do business only you ll think they are hard, but if you do engineering and business subjects you ll notice the difference.

Also at UNSW WAM for business students calculated for the degree as one, while for engineering students the weighting increases each year, e.g. of difficulty of engineering.

you cant get 2 days at uni, its impossible, they arent going to make the timetable around you
Not saying business is hard.

I was just saying what I heard from a 2nd year friend... he does not do business, but he said he finds engineering easy. I believed him because he has D/HD averages. He said he did not do much work at home and did most of it at uni. He also goes out a lot.

I do not look upon him as being 'smart' but maybe he is and that's why...

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
i have a 1 day timetable. 4 tutes in one day and jig all lectures (2 days if including lectures)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
They're like classes you have now. Have a teacher/tutor who answers your questions and the like.

izzy88

HSC
it depends on the university/the course/the subjects. I'm doing 4th year law at usyd and have a two-day timetable this semester (mondays and wednesdays 9-6 with 1 hour lunch break). Its tough getting through the days, but its necessary in order to have two days off to work. I'll probably have the same next semester. They tend to structure it that way so that it works well to fitting into two days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)