What's uni like?? (1 Viewer)

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
is it easier to make friends at uni than high school, and if so where do you strike up conversations, in lectures? cafeteria?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
is it easier to make friends at uni than high school, and if so where do you strike up conversations, in lectures? cafeteria?
Anywhere really. Before lectures, in tutorials are usually your best bet. Although places like the library, Unibar, etc. are common as well.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I've made friends, before and in lectures, same with tutes, before tutes, in tutes.

Also some randomly just walking around in uni.

Made a couple at our IT camp, before actual uni started, if you have those camps, you should go, very good to make friends, even though the actual camps may be total shit, it's good for developing your social relations.

izzy88

HSC
as other people have said you can strike up a conversation anywhere - lectures/tutorials/around uni. There are also always uni social events early in semester - parties etc

I would also recommend joining some societies or sporting teams etc. There is generally something that you are interested in that there is a society for- the societies hold social events etc and it is a great way to meet people.

sinophile2

HSC
N/A
easy to make acquaintances

hard to make friends

it is an uphill battle to make friends with the same level of intimacy as you have in high school

izzy88

HSC
easy to make acquaintances

hard to make friends

it is an uphill battle to make friends with the same level of intimacy as you have in high school
in a way i agree- at school you were generally stuck with everyone in your year group for a good 6 years etc. You would have class together/always see them around, 5 days a week. Its more difficult with university because if you take a subject with one person one semester, you may not have subjects with them again (or they may be in a different stream), and it can be more difficult to catch up- especially if you start coming into uni on different days. It can take more effort to catch up with people you've met. On the other hand, you meet a lot more people overall then at school.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
in a way i agree- at school you were generally stuck with everyone in your year group for a good 6 years etc. You would have class together/always see them around, 5 days a week. Its more difficult with university because if you take a subject with one person one semester, you may not have subjects with them again (or they may be in a different stream), and it can be more difficult to catch up- especially if you start coming into uni on different days. It can take more effort to catch up with people you've met. On the other hand, you meet a lot more people overall then at school.
Some faculties are definitely easier than others to make friends in because of this fact.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
i know you're trolling but native chinese speakers arent allowed to enrol in chinese courses, at least the elementary ones. i took chinese this semester and in the first week they decided for me that my speaking partner would be the fat, sweaty, stinky fellow (stunk like source rice and cheese, ugh) that sat in the corner. i talked to him, found out he was a native speaker doing this for easy marks. sent email to lecturer dobbing the guy in and never saw him again.
dude I am 100% not trolling, I've had them do my whole assignment before in exchange for grammar checking their English subjects.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
dude I am 100% not trolling, I've had them do my whole assignment before in exchange for grammar checking their English subjects.
That is smart.

--

Also I personally find uni a lot more stress free, HSC was just stressful

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
I do know what i takes you dick

I personaly just do not like asains and you do not even do Economics
/facepalm... good luck in commerce/economics.

IMO, should go Charles Darwin University, less asian and more white kids.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)