Whats ur short story about? (1 Viewer)

faerielette

HSC
i return

well guyz, i started this and havent been on in aaages!

my 3rd draft of my major work is due 2nd day back at school, and well i havent totally finished my 1st.

my short story although seeming to be quite basic for me, is totally confusing me.

it follows two separate stories that intertwine to become one, each sub-story is set in a different timeframe and from different viewpoints but are actively linked to one another.

The first sub-story is set in the present and taken from the 3rd person perspective.The second sub-story is set in the past, moving between 1936 and 1944, (World War II). It is taken from the 1st person perspective.

It goes from past to future, back and forth between a wwii nazi and his granddaughter. but my perspectives are totally confusing me, teacher feedback tells me to stop using anachronisms n shyt but i dont really know german so im like argh, *pretend im in wwii* i tell myself but it jz doesnt seem to work. :p

damn hitler.

now i want to change my whole perspectives thing- swap them around to make it easier and more interesting but im heaps lazy and cant b bothered.

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
we should get together and write a short story
someone could write the opening paragraph and we'd continue on from each other
it would be The Ultimate Short Story.. the best thing written in the history of ext two
imagine, we'd have cheese and nazi's... so post-modern

bah, in terms of progress: (is this even the 'progress' thread? eh, who cares)
i am getting there, however i have only just realised how many cliches exist in the world of story-telling

J

jhakka

Yeah. And they don't give you 10% either way. It has to be in between.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
lol, 10% in between.
:)

my one is a suite (pronounced sweet XD wtf, i only found that out a few weeks ago... stupid illogical english) of short stories illustrating a few techniques composers use to manipulate emotions in readers.

hehe, I kept it simple.

J

jhakka

Do your stories have plots? I've found that plots aren't in fashion any more. People prefer dramatic monologues. :p

mayhemily

HSC
thanks! but how would they know if you were a bit under or over? hmmm. Im doing a suite too, coz i get bored too easily and my stories tend to naturally resolve at around the 1000 word mark heheh.

classics_chic

HSC
well I got great marks for mine last year... they like death and tragedy and crap.

My story is about this girl who is sitting all alone and is dwelling on her sad life, watching her friends who now hate her win a race she should have been in. Then she goes and talks to them, they discover she has leukaemia, then she dies and they go to her funeral.

Doesn't everyone feel happy after that! :p

(The 47 made me happy! Lol)

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
I cant believe I got marked down for intentionally using first and third person together only in one line. stupid conservative teacher

agent_angel

HSC
ive written 2 short stories. one is told through the eyes of a femme fatale like chick who has come under circumstances that has forced her to become more of a stereotypical housewife. she eventually reverts back to her old evil ways. the second story is throught the perspective of her husband. it shows the revenge he is planning to carry out on his estranged wifes lover. also shows parallels betwenn his life now and his childhood.

Evening Star

It's from Tolkein damnit
HSC
I'm writing one short story, from two different perspectives in separate parts.

I've drawn together all the myths and different versions of the Genesis story, as well as some other medieval religious myths, and put them all together into something like a pseudo-apocalypse. Only thing is it's organised entirely by humans with the idea of negating original sin. Course it fails and everything's ok again. But the plot isn't really important, because I've dwelt a lot more on feelings and reactions and the human psyche. All that jazz.

Have finished second draft. It all sounds rather boring when I summarise it in under a paragraph.

mayhemily

HSC
Well I have 6 stories of about a 1000 words each. And it starts with an ice cream truck doing the daily grind and it kind of focuses into this network of people that all connect and intersect in coincidental ways for the next four stories. Then in the last story, which is basically streams of consciousness of some people in a hotel fades back out of focus again. Its built around the conept "are we a product of our actions or are our actions a product of our being?" *shrugs* I only finished writing it a couple of days ago but its pretty refined because i made some major changes during construction. At least i now have something that is completed when the day rolls around! though i spose i should get my RS done too!

Jazinauz

My story's based around a very young Don Juan. In a shipwreck a siren calls to him, they have a otherworldly liason then he's cast onto the shore and he's onto the next girl who is a beautiful greek pirates daughter. i've used Byron's epic poem,Don Juan, for inspiration and it was going well but then....well, apathy has set in and i don't know where to go :( i'm on 3835 words and 6000 is due on monday. i have writer's block i just can't get going again! if someone's willing to like read over it and suggest where to go (it would be good if you've read Don Juan, but not a necessity!)

boz-foogle

Banned
teh winnar! said:
YOU SHOULD WRITE ABOUT TWO BROTHERS WHO CHASE INTERNATIONAL GELIGNITE SMUGGLARS AND ON THE WAY ABORT THALIDOMIDE BABYS///

BRAND NEW IDEAR NEVER BEEN USED!\

EDIT: EXCEPT MAYBE BY TS ELITO I THINK
HAHAHAHAHAHA. teh winnar is awesome.

Jopet

Old Fart
HSC
Mine is about the life of a girl who is captured by the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) in Uganda when she is 10 years old. She becomes a child soldier and "wife" of the rebel leader.

I'm still developing the plot.

Last edited:
S

Sheehan :)

mines bout vampire hunter turned vampire..................inner journey

J

jhakka

Did he get bit, or just realise he liked the taste of blood?

horace walpole

HSC
Something different

I wanted to do something completely different to anyone I knew, so I decide to do use the gothic genre.

We've only just started the course at school, 'only' meaning we've been doing it for about a month. I really didn't have a clue what I was going to write until I finshed reading walpole and Hancock.

How are your plots coming along?

By the way, who studied intextuality in prelim? How the hell are we supposed to get "original ideas", when no story stands on its own? (Stupid teachers lol)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)