• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What's your fav subject so far? (1 Viewer)

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Musics pretty awesome, i came top in my grade last year. Composition was never good for me though, i didn't get the mark i expected in that area, i guess it's why i didn't choose it for year 11. Math is pretty easy, expecially because my school has really easy math tests. =D, the final 3U prelim exam is easier than yr12 2U in my opinion.

Last edited:

fjnpenguin

HSC
im loving software design n development. the other subs r ok. hopefully all the subjects become more interesting

HSC
Uni Grad
Ancient History, we have a hilarious teacher
this is really shit 'cos it's the only subject I don't need.

bored of sc

HSC
hmmm, on another note

are there any subjects people are hating/loathing/detesting?

adidasboy

weee
HSC
Loving modern history.
Absolutely hate religion. sucks cause its compulsary.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Absolutely abhor english advanced. OMG The teacher won't let me sleep in class!!

my 3U english teacher does let me sleep though, so she's cool.

bored of sc

HSC
foram said:
OMG The teacher won't let me sleep in class!!
well, you are in school to learn whether you like it or not - sleep in your free periods if you have to

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
I fall asleep because i'm not learning anything.

When i'm learning stuff like in physics or chemistry, i'm awake. usually. But when the teacher is just being boring in english, and shes not explaining anything properly, then it's just such a waste of time. I wish i could just have some other class besides english, at least then i'm learning instead of just wasting an hour.

My chemistry teacher is so good and cool. He makes the subject seem so interesting and he always has these stories about himself which are also so cool. And then he's always so excited about chemistry it makes me excited too =D. It's also the top chemistry class too. Even though we keep getting side tracked, we're still progressing on schedule. I guess he just teaches very well, and effectively. =D The chemistry teacher is the most wonderful person i have every met. I remember him watching starwars in class back when i was in year 9.

But in english, the english teacher speaks really slowly and softly like a psycologist and is always "trying to get us into the B range" because the class is failing miserably, and the teacher always looks like shes extremely worried. It makes english so dull and miserable, i feel really bad on the inside because I try so hard, and i'm getting such terrible marks in my assignments, and if i pay attention, the teacher ends up explaining nothing, and I try to learn english by myself and my marks just stay below average. English is stagnating, and every lesson just make me come out feeling very empty.

I think about two thirds of the english teachers are suffering from depression, and the other ones are really arrogant, they have a superiority complex i think, and the keep rubbing it in to other people.

English is like a depression drug, and chemistry is like an anti-depressant. Math is also theroputical when it's after english lessons. My physics teacher speaks monotone, but i can deal with it, because i'm learning stuff.

negativerootof2

HSC
maths (both of them) and chem. one of my maths teachers is so awesome, she is what I imagine to be the perfect teacher, she doesn't treat us like students and nag us to do our homework, she basically forces us to be independent with our learning since that is really the main point of school, isn't it? or should be

and I HATE BIOLOGY. with a passion. although it's been improving lately, the first few weeks were utterly terrible, such a terrible subject! but now it is merely bad...

The Kaiser

HSC
foram said:
I fall asleep because i'm not learning anything.
Wrong. You are falling asleep because your not trying hard enough and giving up way too easily.

But in english, the english teacher speaks really slowly and softly like a psycologist and is always "trying to get us into the B range" because the class is failing miserably, and the teacher always looks like shes extremely worried. It makes english so dull and miserable, i feel really bad on the inside because I try so hard, and i'm getting such terrible marks in my assignments, and if i pay attention, the teacher ends up explaining nothing, and I try to learn english by myself and my marks just stay below average. English is stagnating, and every lesson just make me come out feeling very empty.
By that logic, I could argue that all the English teachers I've ever had are incompetent. And yet I still get decent marks in English (and I'm not talented at English)

I think about two thirds of the english teachers are suffering from depression, and the other ones are really arrogant, they have a superiority complex i think, and the keep rubbing it in to other people.
Now saying that is just stupid, teachers are there to help you. If your not understanding what the teacher is explaining or if you feel if your not learning enough, ask to stay at lunchtime or before/after school and let him/her explain it to you again or to give extra notes. Or you can see another students paper who has scored higher than you and analyse how he/she obtained that mark etc. There are so many things that you can do to improve and you are just not taking them or committing to them.

English is like a depression drug, and chemistry is like an anti-depressant. Math is also theroputical when it's after english lessons. My physics teacher speaks monotone, but i can deal with it, because i'm learning stuff.
Very creative imagery, *sarcasm* English is only depressing when you think it is depressing. With an attitude like that, no wonder why you 're performing below average in English. You may think English is a crappy subject and that's okay, but blaming the teacher isn't gonna help you improve and complaining about it isn't going to help you either. Maintain a postive attitude and do whatever it takes to improve and you may get a high score for English in your UAI.

m&ss2008

HSC
4 unit maths is fun.
then probably business --> legal --> 3 unit maths

and english advanced:angry:

phosphorescent

You make me sad.
HSC
I'm loving Modern History, wish I could do Ancient as well ):

I am hating 2U English, my teacher is horrendously stupid and incapable of teaching a senior class. Our entire class will fail -_-

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
cant go past chemistry, everything from the pracs to learning about intermolecular bonds makes me shrivell with excitement every lesson.
I gotta admit though that studies of religion 1 is my worst subject, its sooooooo boring and our teacher talks so slow making us even more sleepy, this can be reflected from our topic 1 test marks, highest was 29/50.

Last edited:

sarah889

HSC
bored of sc said:
What's your favourite subject in year 11 so far and why??

Mine is music because it is really layed back, easy to grasp and enjoyable

Maths would be a close second because you can never get an assignment in it and its fun :) seriously

My least favourite would have to be english :burn: due to the nature of the subject - it being crapola essaying, opinionated, bullshiting, random, duddest subject to ever be put into schools. I must combat english's crapness like a ninja:ninja: by doing well in it so I get some sense of fulfillment and enjoyment from it :rofl:
my fav subject was sex ed, it was a shame i couldnt persue it in year 11

mad80boy

HSC
I'm really enjoying Ancient History and I wasnt planning on doing it I had chose physics and legal studies and they clashed so they put me into my first back up which was Ancient History and I chose Legal Studies over Physics.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
sarah889 said:
my fav subject was sex ed, it was a shame i couldnt persue it in year 11
Oh really? :lol:

What was your FAVOURITE part of it? Practical or theory??? :shy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)