Where do you stand? (1 Viewer)

Where do you stand?

• Total voters

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Katie, i don't honestly believe we have many "far right" people here. Far Right IMO would be a religious conservative that wants the market to be entirely free.

Tho I guess some would argue that I'm far right or rorix or something.

HSC
i'm definitely left/libertarian (not to the point of communism obviously), but i'm all for the liberals as opposed to the labor party.

make sense? no, i didn't think so either.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
How droll

My coordinates are very interesting.

Economic Left/Right: -5.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.85

But they take far more interest in my economic opinions and opinions on criminals, health care etc than my opinions on morality and ethics, which are far more right. So in that regard, I'm economically centre with left leaning tendencies (more market regulation) and socially moderate left for secular issues such as criminal handling and health care (universal availability etc) but moderate right for things such as sexual behaviour, abortion, euthanasia etc.

I think I'll vote "can not be determined".

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
That's what I did. A week ago I would have called myself right-centre, but the compass says I'm far left.

There may be some validity to that, though. I never did pay attention to what exactly the left and right stood for - I just noted that the left is impatient and tends to resort to stupidity and losing their temper more often than the right.

I would like a middle option, though.

walrusbear

HSC
Economic Left/Right: -5.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

i'd say i'm moderate left though

maybe you're right not-that-bright, there's a lot more people voting on the left on this poll
perhaps it's more that the established and more frequenting posters on this board are crazy conservatives such as yourself

Riewe

HSC
Economic Left/Right: -0.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.87

It seems i'm more central than i thought. I thought i might've been near the top right, but maybe a different set of questions would yield different results. But it is quite surprising though.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
It depends what viewpoint your comming from, I'd say in the context of mainstream Australian politics walrusbear is far left, however if you take a holistic view he's probably somewhere towards the centre and moderate left.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
ohne said:
I would consider myself to be very much centre right although if on this scale Moonlightsonata is centre right then I guess I am right.
I am definitely not centre right, that is just how Asqy ranked me originally (until he saw the compass and I was on the same position as him)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Suppossedly im slightly Authoriatarian and slightly Left, according to that political compass test but I consider myself right wing

Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.31

Last edited:

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Asquithian said:
Political compass is a little off because it tends to make it very easy to be left wing.

I reality moonlight is a center right with potential to be center left. Mainly because he is values accord with mainstream 'social justice' - as in equality and fairness etcetc.
So how does it actually differ, like when do u become left in ur interpretation of the political compass

K

katie_tully

katietheskatie said:
i'm definitely left/libertarian (not to the point of communism obviously), but i'm all for the liberals as opposed to the labor party.

make sense? no, i didn't think so either.
you're left but you support the liberals over labor ... :(?

firehose

HSC
Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.31
although i also consider myself right wing

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Yeah I thought the results were a bit suss cause I'm definately not as left as I was say 2 years ago but the results look the same. I should be moderate left or centre.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
and yet we're all drafted into the ranks of only two parties...

Is it impossible for a third party (not ALP, not Liberal Party) to form a majority government or is there a mutual agreement between the two mainstream parties to ensure this will never happen?

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I don't think there are enough people far enough from centre for it to ever happen, and even if there are they I don't think they'll be game enough to vote for extremists.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
withoutaface said:
I don't think there are enough people far enough from centre for it to ever happen, and even if there are they I don't think they'll be game enough to vote for extremists.
It doesn't necessarily have to be an extremist party. A viable, centrist third option perhaps? Or would that just make voting even more confusing for the masses?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)