Wheres everyone up to? (1 Viewer)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
shady145 said:
is that 2 1 hours lessons u do before school
a) a week
b)or a fornight
A week, so 4 1hr lessons a fortnight, though they always tend to be a bit longer and are more like 1.25hr lessons :)

The Kaiser

HSC
Aerath said:
Pfft, you're a fine one to talk. :p
I would say at least half the people who's doing 4 Unit in our school, either have done the course (by tutoring or ISL) or are doing the courses now (same reasons).

But of course you Thomas and you as well Tim Siu have already finished it a long time ago...

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
joseph777 said:
we've now finished complex numbers, polys, conics, graphing and volumes off the back of holiday classes with our teacher. although one and a half weeks of of four one our classes per week for graphing and polys is a little too quick.
IMO, there isn't much theory to Ext 2 Mathematics. Well the theory isn't like 2U/3U; it's more understanding and analytical thinking.

So going through the theory doesn't take long for me. What takes long is doing the questions and making sure that I can do them all. It certainly is a 'new level' of Maths to me.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
jm01 said:
IMO, there isn't much theory to Ext 2 Mathematics. Well the theory isn't like 2U/3U; it's more understanding and analytical thinking.

So going through the theory doesn't take long for me. What takes long is doing the questions and making sure that I can do them all. It certainly is a 'new level' of Maths to me.
i hope thats true.

The Kaiser said:
I would say at least half the people who's doing 4 Unit in our school, either have done the course (by tutoring or ISL) or are doing the courses now (same reasons).

But of course you Thomas and you as well Tim Siu have already finished it a long time ago...
lol, who are you?

ibrian

HSC
we're 3/4 through complex? O_O
man we're slow but most of us started other topics through tutoring

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
Man so many schools have like 2,3 or 4 people in their classes. I have around 21 people in my class and my school is ranked 200+. And it's really anoying, we've only finished complex after having a whole term of full lessons. Although we did do some inequalities, Trig and started polynomials.

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
In term 4, the guys at SBHS use their Ext2 lessons to finish off the Ext1 course...so later on they use the Ext1 lessons to finish the Ext2 course so they eventually catch up...
I actually think that's a much better way. Get the three unit out of the way so you can start focussing solly on 4-unit.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

Haha damn you thomas - your class (at tutor) is like so ahead.
At school I'm up to Curve Sketching (only finished complex) but at tutor we've done complex, curve sketching, polynomials and we're starting Conics and Integration next week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)