Which Australian Prime Minister is better: Gough Whitlam or Julia Gillard? (1 Viewer)

Which Australian Prime Minister is better: Gough Whitlam or Julia Gillard?

• Total voters

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Christian, lets not do this again. Why cant you understand that i you post a comment, then you might get challenged on it even if it is tangential to your point. These are the risks of tangents. (although in this case the rudd comment was about half your post......)

Also your original point about incompetence was about gillard, as she is the current leader, Rudd being turfed was about his incompetence not hers. Now if you want to amend your original claim to the party as a whole being incompetent, then the rest of what you said is more valid).
strawmaning like nobody's business

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
How anyone can defend the union machine that deposed Rudd for trying to reform the labor party is beyond me. The labor party hasn't been representative of its rank and file members or of labor for that matter for years. This is why the greens are eating labor's lunch.

How you can defend gillard is beyond me.

purple025536

HSC
answering your question Whitlam, at least he abolished the white australia policy.
all gillards done is implement tax

Lentern

HSC
Oh ffs go join the liberal party then or the greens
Wait, so you're defending the Labor factional apparatus, that which Gillard herself used to call a cancer on democracy, back when Latham was leader and before she realized they could do her favours?

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Whitlam easily surpasses Gillard in terms of wide-scale reform imo

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
edmund barton had some wide-scale reforms

mirakon

nigga
HSC
harold holt revolutionised hide and seek for generations to come

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Wait, so you're defending the Labor factional apparatus, that which Gillard herself used to call a cancer on democracy, back when Latham was leader and before she realized they could do her favours?
Yes

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
How anyone can defend the union machine that deposed Rudd for trying to reform the labor party is beyond me. The labor party hasn't been representative of its rank and file members or of labor for that matter for years. This is why the greens are eating labor's lunch.

How you can defend gillard is beyond me.
She's a good PM, that's how.

Lentern

HSC
But they're such awful, awful people. Howes, Swan, Ludwig, Feeney, Farrel, De Bruyn, Conroy, Arbib Datsyari, Bitar, Richardson, Burke, Bird; Shorten's the only one of em who isn't absolutely repugnant.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
But they're such awful, awful people. Howes, Swan, Ludwig, Feeney, Farrel, De Bruyn, Conroy, Arbib Datsyari, Bitar, Richardson, Burke, Bird; Shorten's the only one of em who isn't absolutely repugnant.
I like Swan, Burke, and Richardson, Conroy is ok when he isn't wanting to censor the Internet. Howes is a hack but isn't all bad. I loathe De Bruyn. Anywho - as it happens - no I'm not actually that fond of factions (just said yes to see how you would react), but I do think blaming them entirely oversimplifies the issue.

Lentern

HSC
I like Swan, Burke, and Richardson, Conroy is ok when he isn't wanting to censor the Internet. Howes is a hack but isn't all bad. I loathe De Bruyn. Anywho - as it happens - no I'm not actually that fond of factions (just said yes to see how you would react), but I do think blaming them entirely oversimplifies the issue.
You're lying, nobody likes Swan. Also you do no Burke was part of a ginger group who tried to stop the marriage equality vote reaching the conference?

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
also I'm not sure if you understand

but putting an "s" at the end of the word "leader" means that it's a plural. This means that there is more than one person in this group. I never once implied or stated in any sense at any point that I solely meant Julia Gillard and misrepresenting my point like that is flagrantly lazy

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
answering your question Whitlam, at least he abolished the white australia policy.
all gillards done is implement tax
No you'll find Harold Holt abolished the WAP. Even Lentern will admit the WAP is an awful stain on the ALP.

Lentern

HSC
No you'll find Harold Holt abolished the WAP. Even Lentern will admit the WAP is an awful stain on the ALP.
I'm more inclined to say the conduct of every Australian government until Holt was disgusting with regard to immigration and race. But I'd say that Whitlam went some way to dismantling the last vestiges of it. Julia Gillard and John Howard have since seen fit to reintroduce elements of it of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)