• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Which Online News source? (1 Viewer)

Where do you source your online news from?

• ABC

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • The Australian

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • SMH

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • SBS World News

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Daily Telegraph

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The Age

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
^I hope you were being sarcastic^:)

Fox news is the most biast and unfair network I have ever seen in my life. They make a mockery of journalistic integrity and their views are clearly and consistanty biast on all issues by the republican party. They appeal to the hard of thinking because they tell you what opinions you should have rather than giving you all the evidence they:
  • give you evidence that often isn't even true
  • ask random people on the street for their opinions and edit in the ones they like whether they are factually correct or not
  • Ask experts to come on their show and then shout them down in order to prevent them from saying things they don't like
  • Treat people like experts when they actually know nothing about the issue they are talking about
  • Hide important news in their ticker while they talk about celebrities and human intrest stories
By far the worst news network availible. You could be better informed by reading your horoscope than watching this trash. And no I don't like horoscopes either.
islamofascist detected...

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
The only role of a news agency is to generate profit.
What's your justification for this? To me, it's blatantly morally wrong, but I would think it'd even be wrong to your average amoral Libertarian since individuals can't really be 'free' in many aspects if they're being fed misinformation just so corporations can turn a profit.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I use SMH for Australian news, CNN for world news and Time for in-depth analysis of the news.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
All of the major news groups don't really do any investigative reporting any more.

They just churn through AP and Reuters feeds. Which is why I'm generally skeptical of most reporting that goes on. There is no fact checking either side of the fence.

Fox is at least open about it.
Which is why I love Time. They actually have analytical reporters, and don't just spout out the same shit as on 5000 other news sites.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
The Age, The Australian and the Jerusalem Post in that order every time I hop onto my computer :)

Last edited:

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
What the hell? Do you honestly prefer biased news?
Well, I grew up always reading The Age, recently I've started buying The Australian, (I like its format and business section) and the JPOST is the only middle east news service I know of, apart from Aljazeera. I know there is bias in all 3 news services, but I don't really care.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
At least the Age and Australian pretend not be biased. If you want news from the Middle East, why not try the Turkish newspapers (if they are online in English) or just read the Mid East section in the European papers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)