Which schools do you reckon will be in the top 10? (1 Viewer)

HKspec009

HSC
Wherever there are more asians/indians that want do uni courses that require a high ATAR.

vonz1

HSC
Reddam House gonna make an upset this year, predicting a rank 5, unstoppable cohort.

pHyRe

HSC
As if people take their estimates that seriously? People should, (and I assume would) know that principals usually underestimate and base it off the year. they would only be lowered by 0.2-0.3 at worst for most people, I find it hard to believe people would based the amount of study they did on an estimate. As in if you were getting 98.6 instead of 98.3, you'd say, "ah well I guess I can put my foot off the pedal enough". Assuming people are studying for courses, chances are the estimate wouldn't make too much of a difference on whether they'll make the cut off or not anyway, so I can't see why it would make a huge difference.
Well, at our school the principal has said a couple of times that really good years tend to be followed by bad years. And he's been there for i think 15-20 years so he has some experience.

jeffwu95

Dumbass
HSC
No 2 is more realistic as Malek Fahd is in the Bankstown area.

well imma bomb the school then we will be first, so i guess you could say they really BOMBED out this year

fairyfloss94

HSC
No it doesn't mean that girls will go let's beat the boys or whatever but ATAR estimates will be based off last years results. When girls get them they will be lower than they should be and thus work even harder to do well in the HSC. Same with Ruse.
Hmm, not necessarily. I know that some schools don't even give their students ATAR estimates at all o_O
I still don't know why though, but perhaps to ensure that students don't get complacent? I pretty sure some students in schools don't really mind what the school ranking is, just as long as they get into their course.

I think that this year will be roughly the same rankings with minor adjustments, though nsbhs will probably lose their 2nd place.

Chong_Boy

HSC
Selective schools exist to make the government look good. If there were no selective schools, the top 20 schools would all be elite privates and people will be up in arms about lack of funding in government comprehensives.

jeffwu95

Dumbass
HSC
Selective schools exist to make the government look good. If there were no selective schools, the top 20 schools would all be elite privates and people will be up in arms about lack of funding in government comprehensives.
are you high

mraznboy

HSC
some private schools are holes that you have to pay to attend though

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Fort Street, James Ruse and (I believe) Sydney Grammar were the top three schools. James Ruse eventually beat them up pretty good...

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
dw next year i hear malek fahd hs is gonna continue to shrink their cohort and will only have 5-6 ppl.

Then the nxt year 1-2 ppl

they could be the first 100%!
They might be the first 100% but it requires more people to be counted in the top 100 list.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
dw next year i hear malek fahd hs is gonna continue to shrink their cohort and will only have 5-6 ppl.

Then the nxt year 1-2 ppl

they could be the first 100%!
well to beat ruse, a school just needs at least high 70%s DA to ensure no. 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)