which uni? (1 Viewer)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Elia said:
really? I have and had no clue about that...

though ,UNSW, the way to go. I dunno, i'm kinda scared. Is Uni really that hard as it's percieved to be?
not if you make it out to be
itll just be hard transforming from high school to uni, but in terms of workload, its probably the same
and basically you have to take responsibility for your own learning, so if youre relying on being spoonfed, chances are you're really going to struggle in uni

but im sure youll be fine

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
I'd imagine so. I think in most Uni's [well UTS anyway] your work for the second degree starts in the second year, so you have to cope with that and work from the other.

<3 Double degrees
Hm. Then again, working was never really my thing.

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
No idea. Might entail more work, as most double degrees are done in a year less than doing the two degrees consecutively.
You'll find you'll save a lot more time than that. Even two, three years in some cases (no honours), although you would have to stay an extra year for honours though...

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
you wanted to do communications or something right gangles?
that and int stds?

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
In what though? My uncle's got a Ph.D, can't remember the thesis he had though.

Whatever I wind up doing. Probably Economics at this stage. I think it would be a really amazing achievement to complete a PhD.

Elia

HSC
jemsta said:
not if you make it out to be
itll just be hard transforming from high school to uni, but in terms of workload, its probably the same
and basically you have to take responsibility for your own learning, so if youre relying on being spoonfed, chances are you're really going to struggle in uni

but im sure youll be fine

Ah ok , kool , well, i'll try not to freak then. sounds good =)

P

pLuvia

Double degrees usually take about 4 to 5 years not including honours years, if you want honours that's another year.

And no double degrees aren't that much more work, just another year of university as WW said.

University is more independent learning, than in high school where the teacher tells you everything, lectures pretty much give you the gist of the topic, tutorials reinforce some knowledge/go through problems, then at home you should study anything not covered

idling fire

HSC
Well I plan to try for USYD - Aeronautical Engineering. At 99.65 it's a bit of a dream, so Engineering (aerospace) at UNSW. ... Presuming I still think I want to do engineering then...

mudcake42

HSC
I heard from a friend the other day that the University of Sydney has really high cut offs by 'cheating'. When the university's decide on their UAI's, each has to release the drafts and all the university's work around that, but apperently Sydney Uni, when releasing the offical UAI cut offs, they up the marks heaps which make it seem like USYD is a really good univeristy, when really its just a scam to get people to come more ....

Dunno if thats true but my friends mum works at the Uni and knows all about it ... :S

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Without Wings said:
Not really. Most people doing double degrees tend to do teh same amount of subjects as those doing a single degree per semester. Therefore the workload is the same as a single degree. They just may take an extra year or few to finish the degree.
Sweet, I can handle that. Now to decide....

HSC
mudcake42 said:
I heard from a friend the other day that the University of Sydney has really high cut offs by 'cheating'. When the university's decide on their UAI's, each has to release the drafts and all the university's work around that, but apperently Sydney Uni, when releasing the offical UAI cut offs, they up the marks heaps which make it seem like USYD is a really good univeristy, when really its just a scam to get people to come more ....

Dunno if thats true but my friends mum works at the Uni and knows all about it ... :S
It's probably true. Cut-offs for USyd are ridiculously high.

poppop

HSC
N/A
Gangles.McGee said:
aye. design or comm with int studies.

the UAIs are so incredibly high though.

[sigh]

me too! :)

yeh.. the cut-offs are so high, especially for design visual comm/international studies but i heard you can transfer from single degree to double if you do well :)

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Standard English would be practically the same if you put the same amount of work in as Adv English.

morganforrest

HSC
Hey..I'm gonna join the crowd and go for International Studies as well...at this stage looking at USYD, then UNSW, then probably ANU and UTS (probably do it with arts media and communications or journalism)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)