which uni? (1 Viewer)

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
zdzislaw said:
Sorry, but is that supposed to mean that UNSW commerce is better than at USYD...what bout law?
Usyd > UNSW

Well supposedly at least...

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
there are some courses where one will be better than another, but dont let that be a deterrent
choose the uni which is the most convenient for you, if the course you want to do has more than one uni that offers it

T

trolloutaface

Bobness said:
Psychology at club mac sucks!

unique :eek:
actually, we have one of the best psychology schools. psychology @ macquarie > usyd :eek:

bobness :eek:

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
I'll lecture to you all for 10 bucks an hour. You'll save a lot and learn a lot more.

HSC
Cept I can't get the piece of paper that says I got the degree after being lectured by you. It's about the piece of paper, not about learning! :rolleyes:

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
watatank said:
Cept I can't get the piece of paper that says I got the degree after being lectured by you. It's about the piece of paper, not about learning! :rolleyes:
I'll write one up for you.

Does it matter if i leave eraser marks from my pencil?

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Musk said:
lecture me on quantum mechanics and thermal conductivity for negative refractive index materials
OK, but beware, I may stray onto other, more complicated and more sciency-sounding subjects. So just be wary.

poppop

HSC
N/A
so.. why does one think psychology suck at Usyd?

Could that person at least give a reason :confused:

Cattiva

HSC
michelleyeaman said:
I have my heart set on wollongong uni.... :)

Simply due to convenience, 15 minutes from home, and the added bonus of 3 extra uai points. I have it all figured out! EAS will probably gte me 2 points. I want to do commerce. I need a uai of 80, 77 with 3 extra points, 75 with EAS points. Foolproof, unless I do really shit, of course! And it has a good reputation, which comes in handy.
Foolproof, eh?
Well let me tell you.... i missed out on law at wollongong uni by 3 marks because i was counting on getting them as i live in the wollongong uni 'zone'. I rang the uni to make sure.... in august (about HSC trial time).... to make sure that the three marks were going to be run.... but that year (2002) they just decided to scrap the marks for that year with no prior notice. So, don't count on the zone marks too much because they magically disappear some years..... even when the university confirms that they will be given.

Cattiva

HSC
watatank said:
Rubbish, UOW's awesome! Conveniently close uni ftw.

I agree!!!!!!
I'm in my 5th year of arts/law at the Gong and it's awesome (except for the angry ducks that hang around the pond). The atmosphere is great, no traffic lights and no traffic on the drive from heathcote onwards, you're not just a number, the social scene is uncomparable.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
haha.

it all comes down to personal preference on why uni's are better than others.

suchas;; UNSW > usyd for me .. mainly coz i don't like the architecture/layout of usyd. lol

and unsw,,,,is more modern. lol ^_^

uts is apparently better than unsw for business? :S

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
a degree is a degree and like musk said, it doesnt matter where you do it from
in the end, youre doing it to get a career out of it, so uts or unsw it doesnt really matter

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
im sure unsw law school is just as good as usyd law school
but yeah work experience is vital...most employers tend to looks for experience rather than marks, which is why uts is soo good for engineering

HSC
Cattiva said:
Foolproof, eh?
Well let me tell you.... i missed out on law at wollongong uni by 3 marks because i was counting on getting them as i live in the wollongong uni 'zone'. I rang the uni to make sure.... in august (about HSC trial time).... to make sure that the three marks were going to be run.... but that year (2002) they just decided to scrap the marks for that year with no prior notice. So, don't count on the zone marks too much because they magically disappear some years..... even when the university confirms that they will be given.
That's good to know, thanks :)

I was always going to aim to get the 81 I need anyway, the 3 points were more of a safety net for me. I can be pretty confident I will get 81, I just like to have that reassurance lol... but I can't believe they would do that, just scrap it, with no warning whatsoever! I think I'm going to have to spread the word, I know a lot of people counting on those extra marks, thinking they only need to aim for the minimum they need. Meh, I'm not all that worried though, I still have EAS I can fall back on anyway, assuming I will get it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)