• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

which uni? (1 Viewer)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
why aim for 81 .. when u can aim higher for 85? =]

motivate yourself harder to get a better mark ... and getting a better likelihood of getting entrance to ur course.
mainly coz a cut-off can jump substantially,,, eg: commerce jumped 90.xx to 95.xx

lol

HSC
michelleyeaman said:
That's good to know, thanks :)

I was always going to aim to get the 81 I need anyway, the 3 points were more of a safety net for me. I can be pretty confident I will get 81, I just like to have that reassurance lol... but I can't believe they would do that, just scrap it, with no warning whatsoever! I think I'm going to have to spread the word, I know a lot of people counting on those extra marks, thinking they only need to aim for the minimum they need. Meh, I'm not all that worried though, I still have EAS I can fall back on anyway, assuming I will get it.
knowing uow it will most likely drop anyway.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Musk said:
most uais r fake but ur not old enough to know that
yeh most unis tend to be very flexible with their UAI cutoffs, so if you have a UAI thats one point less than the required, they usually let you in if they have vacancies

Chocolat

HSC
Sydney Uni for a very superficial reason. It's campus is absolutely breathtaking! And I'm sure the professors and all that jazz are good too haha...:D.
Though I think that if I was ever to undergo a technological sorta course at Uni, I'd go to UTS :D.

HSC
shinji said:
why aim for 81 .. when u can aim higher for 85? =]

motivate yourself harder to get a better mark ... and getting a better likelihood of getting entrance to ur course.
mainly coz a cut-off can jump substantially,,, eg: commerce jumped 90.xx to 95.xx

lol
What you say makes sense- but me having severely autistic brother combined with workaholic parents in denial of situation means that I take up much of the "carer" role, hence the application for EAS. So I like to be realistic. 81 is realistic, anything above for me will be kinda impossible based on circumstance. And Wollongongs approximate cut off for commerce has always been around the 80 mark... but if I don't get in, i don't get in. It's not the end of the World, theres always TAFE.

But I still try. :)

I will be happy with anything above 80.

HSC
If you miss out on commerce at UOW theres a backdoor way of some sort...you can do some commerce thing through TAFE or some private college thing neear the uni...maybe its a Diploma in business...I'm not exactly sure what it is or how it works, but I think if you finish it you can go into second year commerce...

I'm no expert on it, but i know a few people I went to school with are doing something like that now. Ask your careers advisor about it though

EDIT: Haha just read some other thread, didn't realise you were aware of it already :)

Last edited:

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Chocolat said:
Sydney Uni for a very superficial reason. It's campus is absolutely breathtaking! And I'm sure the professors and all that jazz are good too haha...:D.
Though I think that if I was ever to undergo a technological sorta course at Uni, I'd go to UTS :D.
Haha, I'm same, except I like the Newcastle campus. Probably because it is the only one I have been to... *twiddles thumbs*

yet I want to go to ANU for a similarly superficial reason - it is the highest ranked in Aust.

HSC
they are high enough, but don't worry about it anyway, unless you plan to do postgrad. those rankings are based on research mainly anyway.

vickystar

sanity = questionable
HSC
i'm headed for law at uni of newi,
people have told me that law at newcastle is good cos of the work placement.
is this what y'all consider 'experiece'
your thoughts on uni of newi?

Sad Statue

Banned
HSC
vickystar said:
i'm headed for law at uni of newi,
people have told me that law at newcastle is good cos of the work placement.
is this what y'all consider 'experiece'
your thoughts on uni of newi?
Might want to ask in the Newcastle forum. I'm sure you'd get a better response there.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
USYD for me =)
If not , then maybe Monash / La Trobe.
After that , CSU :p
They`ve all got pharmacy xD

ordnaiv

Ethereal
HSC
Usyd because of close location and for the beautiful campus...maybe Pharmacy or Law here

UNSW for Medicine, Sciences etc

UTS for Forensic Science or International Studies/Law

Sad Statue

Banned
HSC
zangetsu.xo said:
i somehow now feel VERY unconfident that i'll get the cut-off for international studies.

gosh i hope the cut-off doesn't go up this year...

*100 hail mary's*
Oh pfft. Stop deluding yourself. You'll be in on a scholarship.

s2caz

just smile.
HSC
ordnaiv said:
UTS for Forensic Science or International Studies/Law
yeah.. UTS =]
except dont wanna travel that far ><;;
so i might move out and live in the city for awhile.. yay!
closest uni would be macquarie but there's not much i wanna do there..~~
soooo~~ either UTS or a uni not in NSW.. i wanna travel~~
just wanna get out of the house;;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)