which uni? (1 Viewer)

HSC
f3nr15 said:
Me opt for Software / Telecommunications Engineering at UNSW or UTS ... but I need to be good at Maths Ext. 1 and its recommended I studied English Advanced :(
If you haven't done three unit it means you will have work a bit harder than everyone else when you get to uni.

kiwi

HSC
commerce/Arts @ University of Wollongong ....... 15 mins from home, 3 bonus UAI points for locals, and uni of the year 5 times out of the last 6 years.. whats not to love? :)

orly?

HSC
watatank said:
If you haven't done three unit it means you will have work a bit harder than everyone else when you get to uni.
^ and why is that :| ..?

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
1. Law/commerce @USYD
2. Law/commerce @ UNSW
3. Commerce @ USYD
4. Commerce @ UNSW
5. Psychology @ USYD
6. Psychology @ UNSW

Hehehe...yes, I'm quite organized as to what I want to do :)
Does anyone know if Extension English (both one and two) scale you up or down
And....

I'd love you forever if you could give me some pointers on how to get a better makr at maths/any study hints :)
Ciao

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
orly? said:
^ and why is that :| ..?
because engineering has pretty hard maths, so if youre not equipped in doing hard maths in high school, chances are you'll struggle, which is why watatank is right in saying if you wanna do well, you have to work harder than usual.

zdzislaw said:
1. Law/commerce @USYD
2. Law/commerce @ UNSW
3. Commerce @ USYD
4. Commerce @ UNSW
5. Psychology @ USYD
6. Psychology @ UNSW

Hehehe...yes, I'm quite organized as to what I want to do
And....

I'd love you forever if you could give me some pointers on how to get a better makr at maths/any study hints
Ciao
english extension usually scales up, so do well and youll be fine
for maths, just do your questions and past papers...im sure the others would have given the same advice

jirwin

HSC
In terms of courses:

1. CSU - Bachelor of Arts - Graphic Design / Bachelor of Arts - Multimedia
2. University of the Sunshine Coast - Bachelor of Arts - Graphic Design / Bachelor of Arts - Multimedia
3. Newcastle Uni - Visual Communication

In terms of location:
- Newcastle - 25min away
- CSU - 6hrs 39min
- Sunshine Coast - 2hrs away from my aunt and uncles place. (12hrs away from me)

i would like to go to CSU however i don't wanna have to move away - i don't feel ready to be independent either... definitely not that far away anyway. (7hrs)

T

trolloutaface

zdzislaw said:
1. Law/commerce @USYD
2. Law/commerce @ UNSW
3. Commerce @ USYD
4. Commerce @ UNSW
5. Psychology @ USYD
6. Psychology @ UNSW

Hehehe...yes, I'm quite organized as to what I want to do :)
And....

I'd love you forever if you could give me some pointers on how to get a better makr at maths/any study hints :)
Ciao
errr psychology @ USYD sucks!

2ndbest

Erratic Member
HSC
Well I have a dilemma in what I want to do...
I used to want to do Bachelor of Health Science, Masters in Rehabilitation Councelling at USyd but people are telling me that being a Rehab Councellor is to 'touchy feely'.
Any thoughts?

HSC
Well if touchy feely is what youre into (whatever that means) then go for it! It's YOUR future, not theirs.

T

trolloutaface

2ndbest said:
Well I have a dilemma in what I want to do...
I used to want to do Bachelor of Health Science, Masters in Rehabilitation Councelling at USyd but people are telling me that being a Rehab Councellor is to 'touchy feely'.
Any thoughts?
elaborate person!

2ndbest

Erratic Member
HSC
lol sorry, I just figure you guys know the whole story.
Well I went to a careers advisor and she worked out that this course would be best for me, but when I loked into it the job is like actually counceling people, where I thought that it was more like finding an appropriate job for someone after they had been in an accident, kinda like a careers advisor but for people who are out of work because of an injury.
I just wanna know if anyone is doing that course or knows someone that is a Rehabilitation Councellor and knows what the job/course is really about.
Do you have to psychologically help the person or is it just finding them a proper career?

HSC
I have my heart set on wollongong uni.... :)

Simply due to convenience, 15 minutes from home, and the added bonus of 3 extra uai points. I have it all figured out! EAS will probably gte me 2 points. I want to do commerce. I need a uai of 80, 77 with 3 extra points, 75 with EAS points. Foolproof, unless I do really shit, of course! And it has a good reputation, which comes in handy.

2ndbest

Erratic Member
HSC
I really want to go to Wollongong, but that's just so I can move out of home. Really the wrong way to make up my mind about what course I want to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)