which uni? (1 Viewer)

hscbec101

HSC
Im thinking of UWS in Bankstown to do a Bachalor in Hospitality Management, majoring in the tourism industry... i basically want to own a HOTEL... a big one to...
Im UAI hoping a 80+
UAI i need is 70... so yeh

xx

hscbec101

HSC
krayzie_ said:
go usyd =]
I agree
Most of the professors and teachers you teach at UWS, actually went to UniSyd and UNSW... so suck that... get ur facts right...
xx

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
hscbec101 said:
Im thinking of UWS in Bankstown to do a Bachalor in Hospitality Management, majoring in the tourism industry... i basically want to own a HOTEL... a big one to...
Im UAI hoping a 80+
UAI i need is 70... so yeh

xx
here comes another hilton wannabe ;)

shane23q06

HSC
1. Bachelor of Commerce at USYD
2. Something similar at UNSW
3. Law / Business at UTS if i get lucky with my UAI :p

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Engineering at UNSW (Mechatronic) in 2 years time.

Hell yeah, rips up any degree!

kloudsurfer

HSC
I wanna do med at UNSW.

But really, id be happy to go anywhere that will take me. Cept UWS. Not because of its reputation, but because I live like 15 min away from it, and I have always wanted to move out/away and live on campus. I hate the idea of staying here and going to uni.

poppop

HSC
N/A
i want to do Design @ UTS too :) Either in Visual Communication or Interior Design.
Fingers crossed for acheiving the UAI required:)
Second option would be Design @ UNSW and the UWS option is really depressing (I didnt even know they had design until today) :confused:

Last edited:

poppop

HSC
N/A
LottoX said:
Yeah, I really want to move out; fucking 3 hours wasted on the road + Med = Tired me.
oh yeh.. i also forgot to mention the location as well :( its so far away from where i am (North Sydney)

juni

juni
HSC
revhead.meg said:
are particular uni's better than other or is it just reputation by word of mouth?
i say a combination of both... I feel it firstly starts with word of mouth which attracts higher achievers to a certain degree thus leading to talented graduates and then the cycle continues. I heard thats how UTS broke into the 'niche' market of becoming a leader for their applied Creative Arts degree. (Bachelor of Design and Bachelor of Arts in Communication) I sometimes think its not so much about the lecturers but more about the type of people that graduates from a particular degree.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
zangetsu.xo said:
wow everyone has so much direction already.

"i'd like to see you have some direction."
"i have direction."
"yeah towards the mall."

xD
Haha.

I'm liking USYD the more I look at it. Their buildings look like castles, especially the Conservatorium of Music. Shame I don't do music.

HSC
poppop said:
oh yeh.. i also forgot to mention the location as well :( its so far away from where i am (North Sydney)
North Sydney's not that far. I have friends who commute to UNSW/USyd (one of them) every day, from Wollongong area.

jdcb4

HSC
USyd, UNSW, or ANU
Based on rankings, Word of mouth, and overall prestige. Also i like Sydney as a city and don't mind Canberra.

rtkl

HSC
Probably UNSW then Usyd

but this all depends on my uai

poppop

HSC
N/A
watatank said:
North Sydney's not that far. I have friends who commute to UNSW/USyd (one of them) every day, from Wollongong area.
well.. i guess..
but i still wouldn't "aspire" to get into UWS, when there are better unis offering the same course with higher cut-offs like the UTS Design degrees I hope to get into.(And is easier to get to):bomb:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
poppop said:
well.. i guess..
but i still wouldn't "aspire" to get into UWS, when there are better unis offering the same course with higher cut-offs like the UTS Design degrees I hope to get into.(And is easier to get to):bomb:
Theres nothing wrong with aspiring to going to UWS...I never did however I kinda missed the outrageously high 99.xx prerequisite for USYD law (as most people do). I vouch for the uni life I'm enjoying at UWS so far and the teachers have been great. Your basis for calling them better Unis is only based on UAI cut offs...at least UWS is being mildly realistic unlike UNSW and UTS who had the controversy of people getting in well under the cut of by 10points in a ploy to raise their apparent pretiege.

But by all means - aim for whatever you want:)

msh

HSC
i wouldn't either........................
not to mention most UWS courses have cut offs in the 60s and 70s besides Law :confused:I also heard u can get 10 marks off if you live around the area.. is that true?

Last edited:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
msh said:
i wouldn't either........................
not to mention most UWS courses have cut offs in the 60s and 70s besides Law :confused:I also heard u can get 10 marks off if you live around the area.. is that true?
zomg it has cut offs in the 60's and 70's *cuts*
Being in the top 30% of the state is still a good reason to be able to go to uni...or you can do advanced science at UWS if you're lucky enough to get above 99.6.

Elia

HSC
really? I have and had no clue about that...

though ,UNSW, the way to go. I dunno, i'm kinda scared. Is Uni really that hard as it's percieved to be?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)