Who hates right-wing (religious) conservatives? (1 Viewer)

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
firehose said:
Well no Christian can perfectly keep their faith coz everyone is naturally sinful BUT at least they have good intentions in heart...

On the other hand, people who wanna use the Christian message for their own (financial or social, whatever) benefit should really rethink what they're doing.... after all, what would Jesus do? Does the Hillsong fellows think that Jesus would approve of such a money-centric church?
hillsong are just wrapped up in their own silly pocket of the world. the more pissed off ad hyped up we get over them, it indicates the more power and influence they have in society whereas we shouldnt be taking them seriously at all.

Kierkegaard

HSC
Bloody hell! I might go blow my scholarship money on a fucking watch! Why doesn't he support some poor uni student with that money? Heck, I'm sure plenty of people would like their rent paid for by a watch.

P.S. I'm contemplating infiltration. Watch out: in 20 years, I'll be the preacher up the front of Hillsong. One day, I'll snap back and tell them all that God wants them to give all their money to starving children in Africa, then I'll sell the church to Sydney Uni for $10,000, which I'll blow on a fucking watch!
I'll dismantle Hillsong from the inside.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
Kierkegaard said:
Bloody hell! I might go blow my scholarship money on a fucking watch! Why doesn't he support some poor uni student with that money? Heck, I'm sure plenty of people would like their rent paid for by a watch.

P.S. I'm contemplating infiltration. Watch out: in 20 years, I'll be the preacher up the front of Hillsong. One day, I'll snap back and tell them all that God wants them to give all their money to starving children in Africa, then I'll sell the church to Sydney Uni for $10,000, which I'll blow on a fucking watch!
I'll dismantle Hillsong from the inside.
ahahaha

in other news, i hate those kinds of people too.....

0Jade0

HSC
What church has a convention centre?
What church has a medical centre on site????????????????

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
Brian Houston, 48, saunters over to greet me, a tall, tanned man with a deep, radio man's drawl, and a silver and gold Breitling watch shimmering on his wrist. The pastor drives, among other vehicles, a Harley-Davidson Fatboy that a friend from overseas gave him.

he didnt buy that harley it was given to him. so lets drop the fact he has a harley, that has nothing to do with his money. that was a gift.

since that article was published in the good weekend either last yr or the yr before, they have remedied many of their "problems." for example, bobbies tapes on sex. (which is an issue that asq sed christians werent being taught on, but obviously are)

also, brian has taken the book "u need more money" off the printers and they sold the last of their copies last june (as far as i was aware, at hillsong conference)

how bout u use up to date references, instead of relying on things which have actually been remedied.

in regards to frank and pat meciti. 2 pastors out of wat, 70.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I wish I were a religious leader with the devotion of hundreds, even thousands of nutjob devotees willing to give me their money for salvation.

firehose

HSC
yeah it's so sad that these people are using the Christian message not only in the wrong way but in order to benefit themselves only. The Hillsong "church" is like a deformed version of Christianity to suit those people who think they're the centre of the universe..... so of course they don't need to donate any money! (Or if they do, its to improve their own bloody reputation). but alas for them, coz Houston's money-making machine is just a fad that can only last so long

malkin86

HSC
Charismatic churches scare me.
From my limited experience, it's all hysterical.

A little story from a friend of this Catholic woman - completely true.

A Catholic woman went to a Hillsong service, and at one point, all the parishoners began to fall down and twitch on the floor. What did she do then? She fell down too, so that she wouldn't look silly! ;)

malkin86

HSC
Isn't this topic just playing "leftier-than-thou"?

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
malkin86 said:
Charismatic churches scare me.
From my limited experience, it's all hysterical.

A little story from a friend of this Catholic woman - completely true.

A Catholic woman went to a Hillsong service, and at one point, all the parishoners began to fall down and twitch on the floor. What did she do then? She fell down too, so that she wouldn't look silly! ;)
thats funny but i tell you what, falling down on the floor and twitching can be fair dinkum at times. my uncle just touches people on the forehead and their legs just give away. but im not into that charistmatic church movement. someone wrote a church song which summed it up saying:

'im going back to the heart of worship
where its all about you Lord,
where its all about you.

im sorry Lord for the thing ive made it
when its all about you Lord
when its all about you'

and thats where it should be kept, the Christian religion being God-based and taught from the Bible (but not intepret it literally of course). organised religion seems to be a power-broking activity or someone to gain influence over a collection of (somewhat naive) individuals.

K

katie_tully

blackfriday said:
thats funny but i tell you what, falling down on the floor and twitching can be fair dinkum at times. my uncle just touches people on the forehead and their legs just give away. but im not into that charistmatic church movement. someone wrote a church song which summed it up saying:

'im going back to the heart of worship
where its all about you Lord,
where its all about you.

im sorry Lord for the thing ive made it
when its all about you Lord
when its all about you'

and thats where it should be kept, the Christian religion being God-based and taught from the Bible (but not intepret it literally of course). organised religion seems to be a power-broking activity or someone to gain influence over a collection of (somewhat naive) individuals.
Ahaha. The town I live in is like, a community of fanatical Christians/Catholics. Being the agnostic turd I am, I went to Catholic mass with some family friends, because their daughter was doing her Holy Communion. Now, they're by no means religious, they just happen to be part of the Catholic church? If that makes sense.
So anyway, me and my friends boyfriend have only ever participated in Anglican mass, so we're expecting the shannanigans to be over in 20 minutes.
An hour and a half later, we're still kneeing down. Standing up. Professing our love to the lord. Singing songs. Kneeing down. Standing up. Professing our love to the lord. Some guy is fanging on the guitar like it's the last thing he'll ever do.

I'm actually waiting for the day when they ban song and dance in that town, a la Footloose.

Jonathan A

HSC
rantman said:
Like Tony Abbott, that hillsong shit and family first party...

I am a conservative and proud of it. I can openly argue my point of view and can back up why I believe in it. I am a member of the Liberal Party and Australians for Constitutional Monarchy. I don't believe in bible-bashing people, however my morals are aligned with the many ways of Christianity and I suppose many other faiths can relate to this.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
omg i figured it all out! hillsong church is actually a cult set up by an offshoot of the liberal party in order to encourage the rise of conservatism and fake christianity in order to get heaps of votes.

remember kids, there are christians, then there are those who go to hillsong.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
nah ill by-pass sociology and politics and be an accountant i think. unless people will guarantee they vote for me, that is.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Meh if u can get a few followers.. in a closely contested election, u'll find that both sides will go to you to pass on your votes and u'll get a fair bit of power. If u did good enough a party might let u run as their candidate, u go with the party that u align closest too and have a fair bit of power to pass through your agenda...

Think about all the crazy radical policies that greens, neo-cons, etc have managed to pass through that they'd never be able to pass on their own.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
but that just makes me a whore with his pants down for sale to the highest bidder right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)