Who thinks they are going to get 99.95 ATAR this year? (1 Viewer)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
approximately how many people are there per 0.05 increment?

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Here are few names off the top of my head:

99.95: Redfield, Studyfreak, Jacob 1991, Azeaurus88 (dnt think spelling is right),

99+(no order): lolokay, Namu, Tim Sui, Aerath, Untouchablecuz, Jetblack2007, Gurmies, Clintmyster, Annabackwards, GUSSSSSSS,

I'll add more as i think of them
:eek:

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
addikaye03;4722140[B said:
]I'm like 100% Redfield and Jacob1991 will get 99.95.[/B]

Look at Redfield's sig, hes got what i consider similar marks to Laurie Fields, + in the 3U exam thoughts he said "Got it all out. My marks are the same as Terry Lee, so here's hope, full marks", so 99 or 100.
Link me to their profile pages. I can't find them.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
NINE :p
15 not sure, 9/23 was a lot in comparison to normally 4-6
so maybe 10 conservative. we'll see though

3-4 work per day is insane. seriously. on top of school? :O
No that was including school homework. I dont really do any study that's not schoolwork and I'm doing fine. Also the grade above has some real hardcore freaks (I can PM you about them), and my grade isn't too bad itself.

Also Redfield is getting 99.95.

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
It's not that hard. I mean seriously, you're telling me you cannot get a scaled aggregate of ~448 with 3-4 hours of work a night? Maybe I overestimate the general state's intelligence level, but it doesnt seem that hard. 99+ isn't a difficult mark to get, it's the 99.85+ marks that are difficult due to the near perfection required in said cases to achieve those marks.
Dude most school ranked 50-100 only have like 5% of year over 99, 100-200 most only have a handful and 200-300 they get one every now and then and a handful over 90.

There is 900 schools in the state, so go figure. You really do estimate the intelligence of the state to high, and alot of people dont have the chance to go to a high ranking school.

determine

Premium Member
HSC
Namu definitely. Not ONLY SOME GUY from James Ruse, a LOT of people from James Ruse. They are machines! =)
Sorry, but they are machines that have been PROGRAMMED - literally. They all go to coaching colleges or have tutors, they are NOT self-motivated, and they only achieve because they have ideas drummed into them. Take away tutors and make them illegal (as in my opinion they put people on a less fair playing field) and you'll see how QUICKLY James Ruse will drop from the best high school in the state, and watch some other high school take over. Because it is the TUTORING/COACHING that is bringing James Ruse up each and every year, and without it, the school (and its students) would be a lost cause.

~end rant~

Sorry if I have offended anyone, but I am generally very direct, and this is the opinion that I share with many others (funnily enough people from James Ruse also).

determine

Premium Member
HSC
If you're intelligent enough it's not very hard to get 99+. 93 aligned in every subject is a more than realistic aim for a lot of people.

There are people that I know, that expect to get 99.95 and 80% chance they will. When you're averaging ~98% in all your subjects it's virtually a given you'll get 99.9 MINIMUM.
Yeah, 93 aligned when youre doing 4u maths chemistry and physics. NOT when youre doing subjects like business studies and legal studies and no sciences and no extensions .. so quit making stupid generalisations based on the calibre of students/the range of subjects that are picked at YOUR school - your school makes up less than 1% of the state, hence your statement lacks validity.

RuffWoof

HSC
Sorry, but they are machines that have been PROGRAMMED - literally. They all go to coaching colleges or have tutors, they are NOT self-motivated, and they only achieve because they have ideas drummed into them. Take away tutors and make them illegal (as in my opinion they put people on a less fair playing field) and you'll see how QUICKLY James Ruse will drop from the best high school in the state, and watch some other high school take over. Because it is the TUTORING/COACHING that is bringing James Ruse up each and every year, and without it, the school (and its students) would be a lost cause.

~end rant~

Sorry if I have offended anyone, but I am generally very direct, and this is the opinion that I share with many others (funnily enough people from James Ruse also).
This point is valid however seriously, don't hate the player hate the game.

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC

~end rant~

Totally agree.
I hate that the HSC can be bought.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
sorry, but they are machines that have been programmed - literally. They all go to coaching colleges or have tutors, they are not self-motivated, and they only achieve because they have ideas drummed into them. Take away tutors and make them illegal (as in my opinion they put people on a less fair playing field) and you'll see how quickly james ruse will drop from the best high school in the state, and watch some other high school take over. Because it is the tutoring/coaching that is bringing james ruse up each and every year, and without it, the school (and its students) would be a lost cause.
qq

shady145

Banned
HSC

~end rant~

how do you know? surely some of them are self motivated =/

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
Untrue. If no-one else, I don't go to any sort of tutoring but admitedly a lot of people do. Most people are self motivated , and imo having ideas drummed into your head so you can churn them out in exams seems to be the purpose of yr11-12. Outlawing tutors is an interesting idea, but it would be extremely hard to do.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
in all honesty, with all the valid evidence in play atm, jacob guy and redfield guys probably have the best shot at 99.95 ATAR (which is 99.95 or 100 UAI)

for everyone else, simply seeing how they answer questions and "claim" what they got at school and etc, it's hard to say whether they will get certain atar or not.

but then again, most students doing HSC have BOS account (whether they have <10 post counts or not - even laurie, sen lin & daniel had bos accounts! LOL). so we will have lots of bosers getting 99.95 but we won't be sure because they hardly post

dp624

HSC

~end rant~

plenty of people don't get tutored.
plenty of people from other high schools also get tutored.
what puts ruse on top is not the tutoring. it's the fact that each student, due to the people around them, get more motivated. hence inspiring more motivation and work from others. it's a vicious cycle of trying harder :)

ps
sen has an account somewhere

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Yeah, 93 aligned when youre doing 4u maths chemistry and physics. NOT when youre doing subjects like business studies and legal studies and no sciences and no extensions .. so quit making stupid generalisations based on the calibre of students/the range of subjects that are picked at YOUR school - your school makes up less than 1% of the state, hence your statement lacks validity.
Mate, I don't do Physics, I do 4U Maths and Chem, however my Maths and Chem are my lowest subjects. Instead, my high subjects are Modern History (97.4% RAW), Economics (98% raw), 2U English (95% raw) and 3U english (94% raw). 93 aligned suddenly doesn't seem so hard does it mate? And the range of subjects at my school is surprisingly diverse, I know a guy that does no maths no science and is about 30th in the grade. It's been done.

Dude most school ranked 50-100 only have like 5% of year over 99, 100-200 most only have a handful and 200-300 they get one every now and then and a handful over 90.

There is 900 schools in the state, so go figure. You really do estimate the intelligence of the state to high, and alot of people dont have the chance to go to a high ranking school.
I understand that, but do realise that most kids in this range don't do 3-4 hours of solid work a night.

~end rant~

I wouldn't say all. And JR kids are very very very motivated. There are many reasons but all of us have a large drive (in my case it's a sex drive). And heaps of other schools have tutoring and coaching amongst their students. If you find tutoring unfair, get one yourself. You're just butthurt. No JR kid is programmed, they're often well rounded individuals.

plenty of people don't get tutored.
plenty of people from other high schools also get tutored.
what puts ruse on top is not the tutoring. it's the fact that each student, due to the people around them, get more motivated. hence inspiring more motivation and work from others. it's a vicious cycle of trying harder :)

ps
sen has an account somewhere
QFT.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
I know a guy that does no maths no science and is about 30th in the grade.

shaun L ????

I'm like 100% Redfield and Jacob1991 will get 99.95.

Look at Redfield's sig, hes got what i consider similar marks to Laurie Fields, + in the 3U exam thoughts he said "Got it all out. My marks are the same as Terry Lee, so here's hope, full marks", so 99 or 100.

ive never come across those two =S well i guess i stand corrected then lol ty for pointing it out xD

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)