who thinks they have stuffed up??? (1 Viewer)

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I don't want my trials back, speaking of which I should like be studying for ext

I just hope I can improve on my abysmal Modern average (87)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
piyo_extreme said:
u noe all i saw in BOS are only those smarty pants ppl and when i saw their marks and ranks posted i felt lyke shitss!! n i was comparing my self to them and i felt like i'm gonna fail my HSC and i was wondering am i the only here who is really dumb??? and that's mean during HSC i will compete with them?? hey i was wondering just say i did so shit in my internal assesments (when i said shits it's really shits like u're in a bottom rank) but u noe all of ur classes contain geniuses inside and it's really2 hard to beat their asses. one day during HSC there's a miracle and i manage to beat them (which is unlikely to happen) so is my mark would then be given to them?? or i'll get to keep my own mark??? coz people say that if u beat them in HSC but they beat u in internal then ur hsc mark will be given to them. ok just say there is 3 people A, B n C just say person A got 1st and person B got last in internal and then person B got 1st in HSC within their skool and person B would give his/her HSC mark to A and person C who came last in HSC within their skool (but came 2nd in internal) would give his/her mark to person B!! while person C would get the HSC mark from a person who came 2nd in HSC within their skool. is that true??
Well...this kind of belongs in the Technical Arcana section, though I'll answer it here anyway :)
Yes, the person ranked first always attains the highest internal assessment mark. The highest HSC exam mark within the grade automatically becomes the internal assessment mark of the person ranked 1st, no matter who got it. By the same token, the lowest exam mark always becomes the internal assessment mark of the person ranked last. Nevertheless, everybody gets their own external examination mark. Finally, it's the average of the two (internal and external) that's recorded as your HSC mark.

If you want to try fiddling around with figures, try out: http://www.boredofstudies.org/moderate.php - you can experiment with different ranks/marks etc.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
physician said:
hmm interesting...

taking deep breaths on the way to school works for me
Me too...
I take deep breaths before an exam and when I first sit down in the exam room. Personally I feel most nervous right before entering the exam room, when everybody's lining up outside ready to go in. But for some reason, I've felt unusually calm during the entire trial exam period (even for the English exams :)), so hopefully I'll feel the same way for the HSC exams.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Me too...
I take deep breaths before an exam and when I first sit down in the exam room. Personally I feel most nervous right before entering the exam room, when everybody's lining up outside ready to go in. But for some reason, I've felt unusually calm during the entire trial exam period (even for the English exams :)), so hopefully I'll feel the same way for the HSC exams.
lol.. well its xtremely nerve racking.. walking into an exam room with only 4 students and 2 supervisors...

an entire hall.. for 4 students and 2 supervisors...

forget about cheating lol... it also get's quite cold.. not much sunlight enters the hall... the colour of the hall is also depressing.. why couldn't it be blue.. blue calms down the nerves (light blue that is)

i was nervous after my maths exam.. lol.. i was actualy shivering..

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
physician said:
lol.. well its xtremely nerve racking.. walking into an exam room with only 4 students and 2 supervisors...

an entire hall.. for 4 students and 2 supervisors...

forget about cheating lol... it also get's quite cold.. not much sunlight enters the hall... the colour of the hall is also depressing.. why couldn't it be blue.. blue calms down the nerves (light blue that is)

i was nervous after my maths exam.. lol.. i was actualy shivering..
Are you sure that you weren't shivering coz of the cold? :p

Ironically, the hall (it's actually four classrooms with detachable walls) where I do my exams is painted light blue with dark blue carpet...maybe you should come to my school for the HSC exams :)

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Are you sure that you weren't shivering coz of the cold? :p

Ironically, the hall (it's actually four classrooms with detachable walls) where I do my exams is painted light blue with dark blue carpet...maybe you should come to my school for the HSC exams :)
lol'''.. ive been in our exam centre soo many times and ive never actually noticed the colour of the walls, but i think we have dark blue carpet, its pretty huge, and it gets really annoying when you get stuck in a seat, which is next to a pillar sort of thing, and you can't see the board with the start and finish time or the clock, so you're constantly moving around to see around the pillar, it almost looks like im trying to cheat, which i'm not!

piyo_extreme

thank you rench!! u're the best!! btw how do u use this moderation thingy?? do i just put my total mark out of 100 right??for 2 u subject and for 1 unit ot of 50?? can u put ur rank in it??

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
piyo_extreme said:
thank you rench!! u're the best!! btw how do u use this moderation thingy?? do i just put my total mark out of 100 right??for 2 u subject and for 1 unit ot of 50?? can u put ur rank in it??
Hehe..not a problem. :p
You put your mark /100 even if it is a 1U subject. The moderation process is the same regardless of what subject you choose, though it depends on the gaps between each student in your class/grade. The numbers down the left hand side are the ranks. So you just list the internal assessment marks of the people in your class down the page from 1st to last (you can add more boxes by clicking "Add 10 Rem Inputs") and then you fill in what you think you and each person in the class will get in the final HSC exam...of course, this only from your judgement and you can't predict this with certainty.

physician

HSC
goan_crazy said:
physician, what school do you go to, if you don't mind me asking.
nop don't mind u asking at all.. infact its in my profile

i go to Noor Al Houda Islamic College... never heard of it?.. i'm not surprised.. if u have.. then i am infact surprised

lol Rench... well actually it was warmer when i walked ourside the exam room... so i started shivering in the sunlight... whereas in the cold examination hall i wasn't..

by the way i wouldn't mind doing my exams at ur school... hehe

my exam hall is so much like a basketball court.. i hate basketball courts they make me nervous... in door that is.. i don't mind outdoor

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
physician said:
lol Rench... well actually it was warmer when i walked ourside the exam room... so i started shivering in the sunlight... whereas in the cold examination hall i wasn't..

by the way i wouldn't mind doing my exams at ur school... hehe

my exam hall is so much like a basketball court.. i hate basketball courts they make me nervous... in door that is.. i don't mind outdoor
I did my SC exams in a gymnasium, which was virtually an indoor basketball court - I didn't like the atmosphere either. But I guess during the HSC exams, your sole focus will be on the paper at hand so maybe you won't even think about the room you're sitting in. :)

physician

HSC
goan_crazy said:
I haven't heard of it :) So no need to be suprised!
I'm guessing your Islamic then. R u religious?
Yep I'm Muslim.... If by religious u mean follow the basic principles of Islam, the teaching of the Quran (the word of God) and the teachings of the prophet.. then yes!!! A muslim should abide by the teachings of Islam and needs to bare witness that their is no God but Allah and that Muhammad (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) is his messanger and holy servant...

However i would class a religious Muslim as one who has memorised the entire 620 pages of the Quran... and abides by each and every word of it.. and follows the teachings of the prophet in every aspect of their lives.. and remains modest about it!!!.... (very summarised version of a 'religious' muslim)

This thread is going way off topic... if u want pm me and i'll be more than glad to speak to u there

physician

HSC
playboy2njoy said:
Ive heard of it... I was looking at the HSC high acheivers list from last year, and one of your girls got first in arabic continuers and extension :) Also, I think I read your school got targeted after the londn attacks by someone - in some newspaper.
nop... i did arabic continuers last yr.. no one from my school does extension

u probably have the wrong school... first was from 'Lady of lebanon college'

oh and... with regards to the Lndn bombings... not quite sure on that!!!

but we did have a movie come out recently it was in the SBS film fetival

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)