Whos Goin To Port Macquarie (Sundowner) (1 Viewer)

temporaryremedy

Shaynie69 said:
Well my whole year is going from Rutherfoird High. We R staying at the Sundowner resort. We were just too lazy to travel to the gold coast lol. Im from Maitland where abouts are you?

Is that Newcastle way?

Wow, your whole year, how many people is this?

Umm we are from Sydney.

Shaynie69

HSC
Yeh only 10 of them are going to the gold coast and 4 are jsut staying home cause the yarnt 18. God i dont know how many...its not that much. Half of em dropped out lol.

pennywise

HSC
ha ha.....yeah ports a mad place to be for schoolies..
theres heaps to do like hang out at port central shops and settlement and a couple beaches and... no thats it, thats all you can do really.
no fun at all
but have a good time i guess..

Shaynie69

HSC
pennywise said:
ha ha.....yeah ports a mad place to be for schoolies..
theres heaps to do like hang out at port central shops and settlement and a couple beaches and... no thats it, thats all you can do really.
no fun at all
but have a good time i guess..

Have u read the whole thread or were you too fucken lazy? i know people who went there for schoolies (including people from sydney) and they loved it. read the thread first, btw i dont care if you live there. its better then Maitland.

Last edited:

pennywise

HSC
Shaynie69
i think you should chill out, yes i have read the thread.. i was just trying to warn you about how boring it might be as we have little to do, apart from beaches.
sure it probably was fun for your frends who were here before but...
i say theyre are plenty of other places that would be much more interesting.

and "its better then Maitland" .. so what wauchope is better than maitland but i doubt anyones going to schoolies there.

but anyway try have a good time.

xo-kinky-ox

Port Will Rock

my bestie and i are going and we are from sydney. port will rock and we will make sure of it!! bah no need for surfers... ports the place to be..
Love ya all

JoeysBoy

HSC
I supose Port could be fun if you brang a LOT of people with you. The surrounding bushlands/Beaches are 1/2 hour - 1 hour away (where ever you want to go), so it is a good place if you want to use it for its resorts and that when u are sick of the beaches and just want to be lazy.

I'm warning you though... don't go Just North of the main centre of town (around the island and ferry, etc.) there are just TOO many sandflies, especially in summer. -Cencored- :cool: before the first night ends :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ashe

HSC
The suggestion of Sydney for schoolies is kinda redundant because heaps of people already come from Sydney and unless you are very wealthy you couldn't afford Sydney anyway.

My mates and I are going to Port, staying at the Sundowner. In fact I think about half my grade is going there because the Gold Coast is a bit too full on, and we can drive to Port easily enough.

It seems there will be enough people going for Port to be going off. Anyway isn't it about spending time with your friends?

McMatt

HSC
N/A
Ashe said:
It seems there will be enough people going for Port to be going off. Anyway isn't it about spending time with your friends?
yes it is.

i reckon it'll be tops, and temporaryremedy, there is about 60 people in our year, from last count there should be maybe 40 odd going to schoolies... it's not quite 160, but it's still a good number, hope to see all you other maitland-area people around there too, we'll just have to show those port locals the kinda fun that can be had in their home town ;)

sNiPeR_24

Fo' shizzle
HSC
Where abouts are you guys gonna have the parties and stuff? I reckon the beaches would be good but you'll need a plan to escape if the cops come cause they get really shitty with beach parties etc...:p

Shelly Beach is probably the best to escape from them so go there :cool:

I got no idea what I'm doin for schoolies yet and it's wayyyy too late to book for the Gold Coast and shit, so I reckon I might just hang out here. So if you visitors can come here and show us how to party, then I might tag along to one (or plenty) of them :cool:

Tashxx

Associate Member
HSC
Going to Port

Yeah my friends and I are going to Port Macquarie and were staying at the Lighthouse Beach Holiday Villiage

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Tashxx said:
Yeah my friends and I are going to Port Macquarie and were staying at the Lighthouse Beach Holiday Villiage
Seriously, try and get out of it ASAP! The Lighthouse Beach Holiday Villiage is ages away from town and in the middle of no-where. The only 2 things it is close too are the TPT and Lighthouse Beach...ohh...and the camel rides.

S_Luke - In the last month, I have had 3 friends who have had their drinks spiked in the macca and Roxy's...it doesn't just happen in Queensland.

SOME TIPS FOR SURVIVING A WEEK IN PORT!

1. The Hastings has a 9% youth rate. Most of our population are over 60. This means they're angry, aggressive and bad drivers. STAY OUT OF THEIR WAY!

2. Settlement City (Setto) and Port Central are the 2 biggest shopping centres. For those staying at Sundowners, Port Central is the go. Both have food courts and heaps of shops.

3. For some night life, go to Roxy's Nightclub and The Macquarie Hotel (Macca). In fact, they're the only 2 places where anything good happens, and saying that Roxy's s good is stretching it. Both have lockouts - Roxy's-3:30pm ($5 entry after 10pm) and The Macca at 1:30pm (no charge-you pay for it in your drinks). BOTH WILL CHECK FOR ID AND THOSE CAUGHT WITH FAKES WILL BE HELD FOR THE POLICE.

4. The best beaches are Flynns, Lighthouse and Town. Shelly's is good if you are having a BBQ with some friends etc. Flynns also have BBQ's.

5. Other than the beach, you can go to the go-karts (ages to go though-on the Highway), paintball (on the way to Wauchope (ages away)), rock climbing (boring), the beach, beach or you can be a town rat. IF YOU HATE THE BEACH, DON'T BOTHER WASTING YOUR MONEY HERE.

That's all I can really say. Port is pretty boring compared to the major cities. If I am here though, just don't piss me off! I will probably be at schoolies in Melbourne though-should be fun!

If there is anything else you need, please feel free to just post or send me a PM!

Shaynie69

HSC
Well we have a spare spot to fill in our cabin for schoolies so if ne1 is interested (preferably 18yr ol) add me to msn. I had my bf going but...that kinda blew up as we broke up ova a month ago! pay $150 now and $230 28 days before we leave. You must be in the Maitland area though so we can at least meet up before going away lol! my_last_breath69@hotmail.com

www.sundownerholidays.com Sundowner Breakwall Tourist Park

Smurg

Fookin' Hell
HSC
Shaynie69 said:
Well we have a spare spot to fill in our cabin for schoolies so if ne1 is interested (preferably 18yr ol) add me to msn. I had my bf going but...that kinda blew up as we broke up ova a month ago! pay $150 now and $230 28 days before we leave. You must be in the Maitland area though so we can at least meet up before going away lol! my_last_breath69@hotmail.com

www.sundownerholidays.com Sundowner Breakwall Tourist Park
<Insert Paedophile here>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)