Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Sharks

Votes: 4 5.2%

• Total voters

nicksta_40

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Anyone agreeing with me now?

Or will you all continue to lap up Tim Sheens' crap about how they are a poor team who are just overachieving?
how can u say the tigers will win when the caption on ur foto says Dragons for premiers 2005?

kristylee_

HSC
N/A
xrtzx said:
GF: Dragons v Tigers

Dragons will win, tigers are too inexperienced and their style of football will all come undone due to the added pressure.

top four will be broncos, eels, dragond and tigers... depending on who plays who in the semi finals i think the grand final will be drangs v tigers, but am not willing to state dragons will win due to tigers inexperience... the panthers did it in 2003 with only one previous grand final player... so therefore why cant the tigers do it?

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Bookie said:
I can't see the Dragons losing to anyone. Theyre certainly favourites. Why didnt Ashton Sims and Justin Poore get rep jumpers? Man, rep selectors and media are against the Dragons.
Random_87 said:
Hahahaha, thats funny Bookie. But very true! Infact, every single dragons player should of been picked in the origin side/s.
Are you guys serious?

Thats not funny.

ALL Dragons players deserve an AUSTRALIAN jumper. They ALL deserve their spot on the Tri-Nations tour at the end of the year. The Australian squad should just be all Dragons players

DRAGONZ said:
Haha now you're just doing this on purpose to create added pressure.

Then again, you said yourself that's what you were doing a bit over a week ago.
Well you said that you wont vote for St. George for the same reason.
I only voted for St. George to take the pressure off the Doggies, but now there is no pressure what so ever on Canterbury taking out the premiership I honestly believe that the Dragons will win the title.

Its the same thing with Nathan Brown yesterday. He said that the Tigers are the team to beat, who is he kidding?

The Dragons are red hot favourites, and he knows it.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
nicksta_40 said:
how can u say the tigers will win when the caption on ur foto says Dragons for premiers 2005?
Once again, you have to read the whole thread to understand where I'm coming from. Refer to posts between myself and Suney_J for the reason.

Suney_J said:
ALL Dragons players deserve an AUSTRALIAN jumper. They ALL deserve their spot on the Tri-Nations tour at the end of the year. The Australian squad should just be all Dragons players
*Continues to wish that Suney_J dies a horribly painful death*

I would talk seriously about the issue of the Australian team and how it will be cheapened by the inclusion of Berrigan as left centre and Carroll at lock, but I can't be bothered. If Matt King isn't on the wing, the whole selection process will be a travesty.

Suney_J said:
Well you said that you wont vote for St. George for the same reason.
I only voted for St. George to take the pressure off the Doggies, but now there is no pressure what so ever on Canterbury taking out the premiership I honestly believe that the Dragons will win the title.

Its the same thing with Nathan Brown yesterday. He said that the Tigers are the team to beat, who is he kidding?

The Dragons are red hot favourites, and he knows it.
If we want to be pedantic, I actually DID vote for the Dragons, but then in these posts I've promoted the Tigers' agenda.

I think you'll find that Nathan Brown probably said that with a huge smirk on his face. Hehe.

If we are looking for the form teams of the competition, though, it's definitely the Tigers and the Knights ;)

Tigers haven't lost a match for 10 weeks (they had a bye during the streak). Newcastle have 7 wins a golden point loss from their last nine weeks.

Dragons, on the other hand, have only six wins from their last nine weeks . . . definitely they are behind both Newcastle and Wests in terms of form.

Disclaimer: By no means whatsoever does the teams we have played compared to Wests have any bearing on this statement.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
If Matt King isn't on the wing, the whole selection process will be a travesty.
He will, dont you worry ;)

DRAGONZ said:
If we want to be pedantic, I actually DID vote for the Dragons, but then in these posts I've promoted the Tigers' agenda.
Your WORL mates and yourself said you wont vote for the Dragons on the NRL poll

DRAGONZ said:
I think you'll find that Nathan Brown probably said that with a huge smirk on his face. Hehe.
How can I be sure that you dont have a smirk on your face as you type?

DRAGONZ said:
If we are looking for the form teams of the competition, though, it's definitely the Tigers and the Knights ;)

Tigers haven't lost a match for 10 weeks (they had a bye during the streak). Newcastle have 7 wins a golden point loss from their last nine weeks.

Dragons, on the other hand, have only six wins from their last nine weeks . . . definitely they are behind both Newcastle and Wests in terms of form.

Disclaimer: By no means whatsoever does the teams we have played compared to Wests have any bearing on this statement.
You're right.

Tigers, Knights (ill even include Souths) are in form, but so are the Dragons. But im not talking about form. Im talking about winning the title. Holding the trophy on october 2, and the Dragons are looking the most likely team to do just that.

Take nothing away from the tigers. They'll be like the Cowboys of last year. They'll cause a few upsets, but wont go all the way

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Suney_J said:
Your WORL mates and yourself said you wont vote for the Dragons on the NRL poll
Damn, do you check that site out? :(

I actually started that thread, and once again, I'd voted FOR the Dragons before I thought about what I was actually doing. And then I kept clearing the cache and voting 'no' :p

Suney_J said:
How can I be sure that you dont have a smirk on your face as you type?
Truth be told ... I did :shy:

Suney_J said:
Tigers, Knights (ill even include Souths) are in form, but so are the Dragons. But im not talking about form. Im talking about winning the title. Holding the trophy on october 2, and the Dragons are looking the most likely team to do just that.

Take nothing away from the tigers. They'll be like the Cowboys of last year. They'll cause a few upsets, but wont go all the way
Yeah, Souths are killing it.

And argh, it's so hard to keep denying that we are favourites!

I'm just so desperate not to think like last year. . . I really thought we could do it then, because we were hitting form coming into the Finals. But then we got knocked out. I was shattered... I went into depression and it sort of got a bit worse than that.

But now I am happy and I don't think I could face that sort of time again.

There, finally the real reasoning behind my actions are explained.

Bookie said:
It's good to rest the Australian XVII this week. Gives them time to heal their injuries.
Dude, you crack me up. All the time.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
And argh, it's so hard to keep denying that we are favourites!

I'm just so desperate not to think like last year. . . I really thought we could do it then, because we were hitting form coming into the Finals. But then we got knocked out. I was shattered... I went into depression and it sort of got a bit worse than that.

But now I am happy and I don't think I could face that sort of time again.

There, finally the real reasoning behind my actions are explained.
I finally got it out of you. I didnt even have to use a phonebook. :cool:

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Suney_J said:
I finally got it out of you. I didnt even have to use a phonebook. :cool:
Haha damn you! :angry:

And Bookie, that is not true. It's good to see the Tigers have overtaken the Broncos in premiership favouritism.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Haha damn you! :angry:

And Bookie, that is not true. It's good to see the Tigers have overtaken the Broncos in premiership favouritism.
well the way the broncos are playing and the current form of the tigers i wouldnt be suprised.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
But the Tigers are just a shit team playing to their full potential and taking advantage of the comp, and good on em for doing that - but when quality sides start turning up, and when the Tigers are due for a loss, it can't be too much longer. The only streaks of more than 10 in the past few years have been the Bulldogs with 17 and the Sharks with 12, both in 2002. Interesting times.

kristylee_

HSC
N/A
who are u to say the tigers are a shit team... they have a number of fantastic players and they play together as a team thats one of the most important parts of a football game!!! they're young and in due time they will have the rep honours of other players from other clubs, just because they havent had the chance to do so yet does not make them a shit team...

how many shit teams do u see in the top 4, with a winning streak of 8, beating these so called "good teams"

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Sorry Bookie, but I agree with Kristy Lee. How can you say the Tigs are shit? What are they missing? (besides the fact they have a small forward pack, which makes up for the size with mobility.) I like the Tigers and they play good footy, I hope all the people who say that they will go no where in the finals are wrong, like they where about the Panthers in 2003. I think finals experience is overhyped bull shit. So go the tigers, prove your critics wrong.....and then lose to the MIGHTY MAN(ly) EATING SHARKS in the grand final :D

rightie

lost in suburbia hell
HSC
i think that the broncos are in with a chance and that the dragons may win, - if they dont get plagued by injuries. i also think that since lockyer and webcke are out for the next game that it is crucial that the bronc's win so that they retain the top of the ladder position, - which is always an advantage.

i really hope that it is a dragons v. Broncos grand final...that would truly make me and my dad happy!! (he's the dragons supporter and i'm the bronc's suppporter)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
If I asked you three months ago, you would have said they're shit. When you look at all the rosters, dont tell me that the Tiger's aren't shit compared to the other teams. They're a side full of B-graders and no A-graders. Its good to see that they're young and that they play as a team - they'll be a force in years to come, but seriously, the only person out of their whole team who I'd pick first choice in origin is.....well none. Prince may well deserve a shot, but I'd pick Tim Smith next year for sure.

But they play as a team. If only the Sharks could.

rightie

lost in suburbia hell
HSC
they play as a team ! so true.

3 months ago i would have said the same thing.

tigers will come 3rd.

kristylee_

HSC
N/A
the roosters are a pack of poofy pansies
if u asked me bout the tiges three montha ago i wouldve had the same opinion.... first thing i said to vossy this season was watch out for the tigers

and on the roosters who were they before they had the chance to play rep footy and where the hell has it got them?

panthers in 03 only had girds that was a previous rep player (tigers have prince) after they won the grandfinal majority of the team had aussie jerseys... the blue, moroon or green and gold jerseys dont mean shit, often they are picked on bias or how certain combos may work... where did rep honours get the panthers? they arent even in finals contentions, same with the roosters and bulldogs whom u would consider "good teams"

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Directed at Bookie:
Mate, you wouldnt give John Skandalis a run in SOO over Ryles? are u crazy? Skandalis is so under rated, great player (hes no Nutley, but he is damn good).

So u think that :
*Hodgson
*Farrah
*Prince
*Marshall
*Richards
*Phatwiura (or however you spell it)
*Elford
*Fitzhenry
*Halatau
*Payten
*O'Neil
*Laffranchi
*and the rest of the good ones I forgot...

Are bad players? or B graders or whatever you call them.....
You gotta be joking! At the start of the season I thought they stood a good chance of making the 8 (not the top 4) but they have exceeded what I thought they would do. And they have some great players in key positions, how can you argue that there shit when you have Benji, Prince, Farrah and Hodgson supplying all the ball? (maybe not so much Hodgson, but hes a great gap runner).

Im afraid I dont get your view point Bookie, I think the tigers are very classy, and I want the sharkies to play more like them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)