• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

who's ya pick for the title? (1 Viewer)

Who's ya pick for the NRL premiership?

• Broncos

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Eels

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • Storm

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Cowboys

• Dragons

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • Tigers

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Raiders

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Manly

• Sharks

Votes: 4 5.2%

• Total voters

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Roosters only got into rep spots because of Fittler and Gould.

Whos Vossy?

Panthers had Gower as well, and they had a Dally M player in Preston, Priddis had played origin as well, and Puletua had played for NZ.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Random_87 said:
Directed at Bookie:
Mate, you wouldnt give John Skandalis a run in SOO over Ryles? are u crazy? Skandalis is so under rated, great player (hes no Nutley, but he is damn good).

So u think that :
*Hodgson
*Farrah
*Prince
*Marshall
*Richards
*Phatwiura (or however you spell it)
*Elford
*Fitzhenry
*Halatau
*Payten
*O'Neil
*Laffranchi
*and the rest of the good ones I forgot...

Are bad players? or B graders or whatever you call them.....
You gotta be joking! At the start of the season I thought they stood a good chance of making the 8 (not the top 4) but they have exceeded what I thought they would do. And they have some great players in key positions, how can you argue that there shit when you have Benji, Prince, Farrah and Hodgson supplying all the ball? (maybe not so much Hodgson, but hes a great gap runner).

Im afraid I dont get your view point Bookie, I think the tigers are very classy, and I want the sharkies to play more like them.
yes, I do think they are all B-graders. I could name three better players in each position ahead of those guys [except for Hodgson at fullback]

I would indeed give Skando a run ahead of Ryles [but I would give Chris Armit a go ahead of Ryles]. I'd pick Stevo ahead of Skandalis. I said first pick.

kristylee_

HSC
N/A
exactly my point about the roosters.... none of them are exceptional players
vossy is andrew voss channel 9 commentator
and whos to say if tigers play in the grand final none of the above players will not get Dally M award?

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Bookie you are damn frustrating! thank God we support the same team so i dont have to argue with you. But that being said, I still think their a good team.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Bookie said:
But the Tigers are just a shit team playing to their full potential and taking advantage of the comp, and good on em for doing that - but when quality sides start turning up, and when the Tigers are due for a loss, it can't be too much longer. The only streaks of more than 10 in the past few years have been the Bulldogs with 17 and the Sharks with 12, both in 2002. Interesting times.
Pretty sure you are forgetting that the Roosters went on a ten match streak to win the Grand Final in 2002, and then won the first one (at least) match of the next season to take it to 11+ (if you are counting that).

But if only during season proper, Sydney Roosters won 10 in a row in 2002.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Random_87 said:
Directed at Bookie:
Mate, you wouldnt give John Skandalis a run in SOO over Ryles? are u crazy? Skandalis is so under rated, great player (hes no Nutley, but he is damn good).

So u think that :
*Hodgson
*Farrah
*Prince
*Marshall
*Richards
*Phatwiura (or however you spell it)
*Elford
*Fitzhenry
*Halatau
*Payten
*O'Neil
*Laffranchi
*and the rest of the good ones I forgot...

Are bad players? or B graders or whatever you call them.....
You gotta be joking! At the start of the season I thought they stood a good chance of making the 8 (not the top 4) but they have exceeded what I thought they would do. And they have some great players in key positions, how can you argue that there shit when you have Benji, Prince, Farrah and Hodgson supplying all the ball? (maybe not so much Hodgson, but hes a great gap runner).

Im afraid I dont get your view point Bookie, I think the tigers are very classy, and I want the sharkies to play more like them.
Mate, if you seriously think Skandalis has something over Ryles, then you haven't been watching the game hard enough! I suggest that you watch the Eels vs Dragons game again. Go have a look at his statistics for that match on the NRL site if it's not enough.

Now for that list of yours . . .

Hodgson, Prince and Marshall are all top quality.

Farah looks like he'll be a quality player, but right now he is still raw and unproven. Same with Dene Halatau.

Richards is big and strong, but I certainly would not choose him over Best and Naiqama at the Dragons.

Whatuira is decent, but he is a defensive turnstile. Watch closely to see how many tackles he drops off.

Elford and Fitzhenry are deadset average to say the least. Elford especially is one of the worst (definitely bottom five) centres in the NRL.

Payten and O'Neill are hard working players, but they have no quality whatsoever. Compare Payten to Bailey and O'Neill to Hindmarsh.

Laffranchi is so "good" that the Tigers don't even want him anymore, preferring Sam Harris in essence.

So yeah ... definitely a top squad there.

kristylee_

HSC
N/A
it was never said that they are a 'top squad' as such... they're all young, give them time and u will see what they are capable of
where do the "great players" come from to begin with... everyone has to start somewhere.... no one was giving freddy raps when he was playing for panthers

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
kristylee_ said:
it was never said that they are a 'top squad' as such... they're all young, give them time and u will see what they are capable of
where do the "great players" come from to begin with... everyone has to start somewhere.... no one was giving freddy raps when he was playing for panthers
You have a point, I guess.

I mean, Fittler never really wasn't anything THAT special at Penrith.

Like, he debuted as a 17 year old (from memory) in 1989. And in 1990, at 18, he played in State of Origin, was one of Penrith's best in their 18-14 grand final loss that year, and then he became the youngest ever player to ever tour with the Kangaroos in 1990 as well (he made his debut for Australia in 1991).

And then the fact that he played there until 1995, by which time he had become one of the world's best players and was the captain of the Australian team.

So yeah, I have to agree with you on this one, kristylee_ . Brad Fittler was never really given that big a rap when he was playing for the Penny Panthers.

kristylee_

HSC
N/A
thanking u
yeah dont mess with me when it comes to NRL, particularly the tigers i know my shit

Bookie

Banned
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Compare Payten to Bailey
ROTFLMAO! At least you said Bailey instead of Janet.

kristylee said:
whos to say if tigers play in the grand final none of the above players will not get Dally M award?
Prince may well yet, but Preston already won the Dally M (at some club) when he went to the Panthers, so theyalready had credible halves at that stage.

davo_

good kid
HSC
kristylee_ said:
thanking u
yeah dont mess with me when it comes to NRL, particularly the tigers i know my shit
Ya know I'm not the smartest man in the world, but I think he was being sarcastic :)

davo_

good kid
HSC
kristylee_ said:
panthers in 03 only had girds that was a previous rep player (tigers have prince) after they won the grandfinal majority of the team had aussie jerseys... the blue, moroon or green and gold jerseys dont mean shit, often they are picked on bias or how certain combos may work... where did rep honours get the panthers?
The rep honours(and success in general) got the panthers (and many other teams) over the salary cap meaning they lost a heap of good players... I almost guarentee the same thing will happen with the Tigers. And on your point that Tigers only have Prince as rep player you obviously don't know your team very well. How about a little fella called Benji Marshall, Halatau, Whatuira (yes New Zealand is a rep team), Hodgson was one of NSW's best a few years ago. Skandalis has played a few games for city as well even.

kristylee_

HSC
N/A
davo_ said:
The rep honours(and success in general) got the panthers (and many other teams) over the salary cap meaning they lost a heap of good players... I almost guarentee the same thing will happen with the Tigers. And on your point that Tigers only have Prince as rep player you obviously don't know your team very well. How about a little fella called Benji Marshall, Halatau, Whatuira (yes New Zealand is a rep team), Hodgson was one of NSW's best a few years ago. Skandalis has played a few games for city as well even.
i was just giving an example doofus
and no mark o'neill has not played rep footy
skandalis and graham have asos played city origin
dont underestimate the power of the mighty tigers

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Bookie, I think this was kristylee_'s quote:

kristylee_ said:
skandalis and graham have asos played city origin
What we must never forget, Bookie, is that kristylee_ "knows her shit" about the Tigers.

Unfortunately, apart from her having no idea about Brad Fittler's career, she has a high level of knowledge about Wests Tigers.

We just have to accept this.

However, and I'm sure we can all empathise with this poor girl, she doesn't even realise that Nick Graham isn't playing for the Tigers anymore. He was released at the end of 2004.

But hey, kristylee_, keep that good "shit" about the Tigers coming. Your immense knowledge of them is really surprising me!

Keep it up, girl!

Random_87

HSC
N/A
The feeling is mutual my Bookie friend ;)

And are you a Seth Efrican, mate? Because you support south Africa in your signature... and are you also German? because that genetical mishap could explain your patronizing comments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)