Why 9pm (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bootawa_Boy

HSC
Not that this really matters i can afford to wait an extra 12hrs but why are the main round offers released at 9pm instead of 9am like everything else?

chefman21

HSC
N/A
I suppose it's to let universities to have until 5pm to finalise student choices and then 3-4 hours to upload the database.

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
That's easy!
It's so we can all have parties to celebrate/comiserate whatever happens!!
Well, that's what I'm doing, anyway hehe. Double Black Smirnoff's and Pina Colada Slushee's... It's a celebration waiting to happen!!! That wouldn't look too good at 9 a.m. hehehe.
Man, I am so excited :D

Andi0390

HSC
I don't think it should happen once results are received - not everyone is using ATAR for admission! For me, my transcript wasn't available until late December,and to get it sent over here, authorised and then sent to UAC took a while. I'm sure there were many others in similar positions - waiting for the results of 2009 courses to be released. Also, the time gives people the opportunity to research and visit prospective universities.

Although I do think that the wait is a little too long, especially between preference closing and offers. It seems to me that it gets late each year. I think around 10th of January would be best.

I always thought that UAC should release the offers at 5am or something, so that only the people who really want to check their offers will, and then the servers won't be so slow.

witide

HSC
I've been waiting since like August. An extra 12 hours is nothing.

wLym

HSC
its so we can go out and get shitfaced. Who wants to get the good (or bad)news then have to go to work for a whole day before going out for drinks? :)

Lou283

HSC
It's probably that they have the same finish time as the other rounds but they release it at 9pm instead of making everyone wait till 9am - Put it this way would you rather wait until 9am tomorrow? =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)