Why are atheists on this website always attacking Christianity? (1 Viewer)

sydchick

HSC
N/A
Belting your wife because she won't have sex with you is WRONG. Also trying to rape her WRONG. These should be things we all know. The crazies of the world, of course, think that it is right. Hence the craziness.

You don't have sex with someone because you don't feel anything or you don't want to hurt their feelings.

And anyone who tries to put abuse and rape on the same level as not wanting to go to the movies and buy ice cream should be committed.

barnsy

HSC
hey, nice work everyone!!! we've been able to completely change the nature of the topic, from atheists 'attacking' christians, to EVERYONE 'attacking' islam!!!!

also, anyone who takes the holy texts of any religion as the 'divine, true words', and believe everything that is said in those pages is true to the letter should seriously look at the world around them, and realise that over 1000 years have gone since the writing of the holy texts (bible and qu'ran), and society has changed so much that a lot of the laws and ways of life have changed so much as well, and they can't be continued to be used as the 'sacred law' of any culture, especially in the west, as they can seem to barbaric for some, and just plain stupid for most!!

so yeah... go atheists!!!! haha, jokes!

sydchick

HSC
N/A
Thanks, boys.

Don't worry pathetic begging days are over. Only normal Narnie now.

Napstar

Banned
HSC
People have always attacked and been afraid of what they don't understand.

It reminds me of The Crucible.
Have you even read that book?

If you have, you'd know it has no relevance to this debate. Witch hunting and the persecution of innocent women due to ignorance and religious dogma is not the same as having people call you a spastic because you've got obvious contradictions in what you believe.

I.e. "I wsa brought up in a Western country so I understand that violence against women is not okay and to an extent I support this, but I also believe in everything written in the Koran or whatever, so on second thoughts I guess it is okay for husbands to beat their wives... OMG YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ME THIS IS JUST LIKE THE CRUCIBLE" :confused:

Napstar

Banned
HSC
there are soooo many misconceptions about Islam out there- like stoning and marrying children for example.

you seem very set in your ways. i won't waste my breath explaining to you.
There are so many misconceptions loL!

I'm sorry, which part of "a man may force his wife to have sex with him and beat her gently if she refuses" is misconstrued?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
also, anyone who takes the holy texts of any religion as the 'divine, true words', and believe everything that is said in those pages is true to the letter should seriously look at the world around them, and realise that over 1000 years have gone since the writing of the holy texts (bible and qu'ran), and society has changed so much that a lot of the laws and ways of life have changed so much as well, and they can't be continued to be used as the 'sacred law' of any culture, especially in the west, as they can seem to barbaric for some, and just plain stupid for most!!
Just cos a guidebook is old, doesn't mean that it's irrelevant.
Sun Tzu's Art of War and Clausewitz' On War are still both incredibly relevant, despite the obvious societal and (more importantly) technological changes that have taken place since they were made.
The Prince and The Analects are still very handy and useful texts, despite all the time having passed between now and their original publication.

barnsy

HSC
Just cos a guidebook is old, doesn't mean that it's irrelevant.
Sun Tzu's Art of War and Clausewitz' On War are still both incredibly relevant, despite the obvious societal and (more importantly) technological changes that have taken place since they were made.
The Prince and The Analects are still very handy and useful texts, despite all the time having passed between now and their original publication.
i don't mean that they are irrelevent, because obviously they aren't to millions of people!!! what i mean is that you can't depend on a text from a millenium ago as support for things which shouldn't be tolerated nowadays, such as beating women if they don't want sex.
all these texts have useful properties, there's no doubting that. the difference between them is that the bible/qu'ran are religious, which starts arguments and wars very easily. remember the crusades?? all because a shitload of christian nations decided that their book was better than the muslim's book, and slaughtered millions!!!

if any of this makes sense, i hope you understand what i mean! if not, oh well, not my problem!! lol
(btw, i'm not trying to be anti-religious, even if it seems that way!!!)

sydchick

HSC
N/A
To answer OP's question:

Atheists are 'always attacking Christianity' because they see no hard evidence that all the religious stuff actually happened. And cross The Bible out. It could've been written by Shakespeare's jealous cousin for all we know.

Napstar

Banned
HSC
To answer OP's question:

Atheists are 'always attacking Christianity' because they see no hard evidence that all the religious stuff actually happened. And cross The Bible out. It could've been written by Shakespeare's jealous cousin for all we know.
That's not why at all.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
i don't mean that they are irrelevent, because obviously they aren't to millions of people!!! what i mean is that you can't depend on a text from a millenium ago as support for things which shouldn't be tolerated nowadays, such as beating women if they don't want sex.
all these texts have useful properties, there's no doubting that. the difference between them is that the bible/qu'ran are religious, which starts arguments and wars very easily. remember the crusades?? all because a shitload of christian nations decided that their book was better than the muslim's book, and slaughtered millions!!!

if any of this makes sense, i hope you understand what i mean! if not, oh well, not my problem!! lol
(btw, i'm not trying to be anti-religious, even if it seems that way!!!)
Remember the Franco-Prussian and Austro-Prussian Wars? All because Bismark and his buddies liked The Prince a little too much.
Remember the European theatre of the Second World War? All cos a few Germans liked Mein Kampf a little too much.
Remember the Pacific theatre of the Second World War? All cos a few Japanese liked Kita Ikki's words a little too much.
Remember the Russian and Chinese Civil Wars? All cos a few people liked the Communist Manifesto a little too much.
I can keep going if you want.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
the church may be our mother, but she's also a bitch ^_^

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
When you consider it, being religious is so...embarrassing.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Also, IMO atheists never lose debates.

The only rational position in the world is probabilistic atheism. Look up the late psychologist Albert Ellis for an interesting perspective.

No other position is respectful and nor should any respect be given to anyone with that belief, other then to their right to self-delusion as being paramount. Without freedom of consciousness, we'd simply have compulsion...hmm do you sniff Christianity? Compulsive love anyone?

Edit: To the devout- I am morally outraged as to how you can support a vile and pernicious celestrial regime, an autocractic, eternal state which removes even our most base elements of humanity- the right to free-thought. Religion prosecutes thought-crime, 24/7...

Last edited:
HSC
I think the best thing for you to do is probably kill yourself.

Or quit science, because you can't comprehend something so fucking simple.
stuff u bitch, im probably fucking smarter than u.

evolution is not simple you retard. many people have different opinions of it. just coz u dont agree with my opinion doesnt mean you're right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)